aberdeen-music

bottom ten bands in Aberdeen

Guest RomanChoke

Jedi and Broken Sunshine

Most bands that I dont like tend to be good at what they do, but im just not a fan, for example the xcerts. I dont like the xcerts songs or style but I can listen and appreciate some bits of it, and I know that they are good at what they are doing. Jedi and Broken sunshine are the only two I could think of that I cant enjoy at all.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Lawy Lawson:Attorney:

It'd be a pity if anyone confused them with the awesome King Liar and the Brutes, with their names being so similar an' all.

Ah, well, it was a play on words if you like - see what I did?

Anyway it's like my old granny used to say, 'If everyone had similar tastes they'd all have married your grandad.'

Guest RomanChoke

Because its a very bad idea. There's only one point in a messageboard like this in my opinion and its to find all views from people who are for, against, bi, or Gay.

Guest highroller
Originally posted by Keilan 303:

I'll pick a near bottom 10 of bands I like...so hopefully no hard feelings

LIBER 8/ALLYSA'S WISH - Have tried getting into this band, and have enjoyed them on numerour occasions live, but can't hear past kris's vocals....don't get me wrong, they got some tunes going (like Morning Lush) I just don't like the vocal style...

MY MNDS WEAPON - I thought I'd like this band more than I do....think their first demo is great, although the second song starts out sweet, then I dunno what happens...then it gets good, then it goes funny....the metal screeches sound out of place to me, but I guess thats all part of their uniqueness. The 2nd vocals would be better sounding more like the TBS vocallist as a better compliment to Ben's low voice....

WE BECOME LESS - Didn't think much of them at first (in the Matt E Boy days) although I do remember Matt telling me it was more James's way out getting out the nu metal in him :) hehe....one of their tracks is a definite winner and constantly on the mp3 player, played on my guitar (in fact I'm working on disguising one of the riffs into one of my own)......last time I saw them live it was more a barrage of noise (a good noise, but pretty incoherent) may have been due to venue....

X-CERTS - hey i loved this band first time I saw them, just didn't like where they went after......some of the songs on the fat hippy EP are pretty cool and I still listen to em from time to time....but it sounds a bit Liber 8-Alyssas Wish to me....

Heheh....everyone will probably go "WTF?!? THOSE ARE THE BEST BANDS IN ABERDEEN YOU FOOL, THE ONLY WORST BAND IN ABERDEEN IS INEPT 303"....and hey, I'l probably agree (especially on the inept 303 bit)....if we all liked the same bands that would suck!!!! and as I said...I don't hate these bands....they just aren't my favourites :D

Keilan....

Man, you must come see us now....totally different to that first demo and even the two downloadable tracks...and my vocals are pretty much totally different to on that first demo also...and i think most people would agree that i sound like a different singer now....

anyway its all good....its quite refreshing to see someone choose bands that NO ONE else would....

Totally....will need to see you live at somepoint (I ain't seen much live bands at all this year....), I'm sure it will be a different deal live, and as you say, I'm going by the first demo! (I still think its cool though!) On another note...just listened to the new Quik song....definitely pushing Quik up to being my favourite local band...so more in a rush to Quik live :D:D:D

Guest RomanChoke

So what we've accomplished on average is that all bands in Aberdeen are excellent and there's no bottom list......is there anyone else out there who's not afraid to write your least favourite bands in Aberdeen or is it just going to cause petty bickering between all your friends or will you just be PM'd to remove your opinions

come on writewritewrite!!

I dont like Black Atoms music, its too much like Maiden and not original sounding at all. Very good musicians though and nice guys. Not my cup of tea, songwise, but I respect what they are doing and would love Element to do a gig with them #hinthint#

• 8 months later...
Guest JockeySnogger

actually another time I saw Femora but I wasnt particularly keen. I think recently I went to see them in Moorings bar and the singer was different and pretty rank.

The worst local band I have seen were the Diaretics (sp?)... we had the misfortune to play a gig with them a year or so ago, and Jesus Christ... o_O Fair enough, I see a lot of bands who aren't playing music which I like, but I can still appreciate them as being good at what they do, but they were just plain shit.

hmm this is a tough one,

Flight 19 would be one of mne, they are not a shit band at all in fact they are probably one of the tightest aberdeen bands and they can all play very well, their music just bores me to death, theres not a single song that sticks in my head now out of any of the new stuff ive seen and heard, and for this i most likely wouldnt go see them for a while.

10 Easy Wishes, again not a shit band but shit songs, i really dont think ive ever been more bored watching a band than 10 E.W. The drummer and the bassest are really tight and they play well as a band but JJ im not sure whats going on with you on stage normaly and i just dont see any presence on stage at all nothing there to grab the crowd and force them to get into it.

Wildcards, usualy i would say one or two good things about a band but these guys, no fucking way, if theres one band in aberdeen i hate more than any its the wildcards. Arrogant Ocean Colour Scene wanabies.