aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Hogmanay bands

Chris

Hogmany is made for house parties or celidhs (i think I spelt that wrong, I'm a rubbish scot), I hate going out, it's just like an expensive friday or saturday night.

What I *really* want to do is get a massive crowd together, go out into the countryside, make a bonfire, get some tents up and just party there. Shame it's in the middle of winter though.

The last one was the first time I'd been out in Aberdeen in Hogmanay. I quite enjoyed the whole affair at the Castlegate, didn't go into any pubs though. Hogmanay makes me feel sad. I don't see the big deal.

Wet Wet Wet would certainly make it 402 times worse. I always considered them (rightly or wrongly) as a band that only girls who don't like music would like, kinda like Texas.

The Proclaimers were a good pick because everybody when they're pished (unless they're supercool) will jump about like loonies and sing their tunes.

CRR are an even stranger choice than the Coral.

I've rented a house in Aviemore with some friends which should be good times.

Room 1.

The X-certs

Edgar Prais

The Usuals

Hot Mangu

5 Finger Discount

8pm - 4am

Room 2.

The Goodfoot Club

11pm - 4am

only good band there is edgar prais, imo.

another night in the priory for me, probably. or hopefully away in another city celebrating their way (e.g good)

on topic though, my ma will be delighted about wet wet wet.

Guest Callum, Underflow
What I *really* want to do is get a massive crowd together, go out into the countryside, make a bonfire, get some tents up and just party there. Shame it's in the middle of winter though.

That does sound like a good plan, but as i wouldn't ever be able to get that sort of thing sorted, i think i'll have to go with the tunnels:

everyone should goto tunnels, looks like a beast of a lineup!
The bands for Hogmany this year are Wet Wet Wet and Cosmic Rough Riders. Utter pish.

Wet Wet Wet are utter pish it's true but i thought Cosmic Rough Riders were Ok? I can't remember any songs they've done so if anyone could refresh my memory so i can make an educated post they that would be cool.

Councillor Ron Clark, chairman of the Council's festival and events forum, said: "We are delighted to unveil the programme for Aberdeen's Hogmanay and welcome one of Scotland's greatest bands to the city.

"Attracting musicians of the calibre of Wet Wet Wet shows we're well and truly on the map now as a Hogmanay venue.

thats all very well - if it was 1992

where 'bout? that's where i'm from. :gringo:

I don't know whereabouts. I left it all in the hands of my mate.

I can tell you now that I won't be touching "Cairn Lager" when I'm there though. Last time I was through we were in a hotel serving that on draft. I've never felt so ill the next day. :puke: