aberdeen-music

Simon Amstells presenting buzzcocks full-time now

framheim

Yeah, I heard that a while ago. I think it's good news, because I never really liked Lamarr, at the best of times it was pretty tired humour aimed at easy targets (I know you could blame the script-writers, but he had no comic timing, it was far better when he was the butt of jokes in Shooting Stars).

I only saw Huey presenting in the latest series and he was ace, but Simon Amstell seems like an obvious choice for such a role...

Hahaha, that Pete Burns one was amazing!

I think Simon will be good. My mam loves him. Hopefully we can start watching that at night with tea and toast, like we did with WWF in its heyday

• 4 weeks later...

How this show is still running is beyond me. For my sins I used to work on it in the Lamarr days and it was a thoroughly depressing experience. Lamarr was usually coked up to the eyeballs and slagged off the audience way beyond what was funny, he constantly went on about how shit the show was and called the audience he kept waiting "minimum wagers who wished they were famous like him." Buzzcocks was a Britpop show, and is long long dead, game shows have moved on from that 90s ripping the piss out of everyone thing, and the current trend is stuff like QI.

Having said that, I have never liked AMstell but think he is a much better and more likeable host, but the show is hopeless. Jupitus is money for old rope and Bill Bailey is almost as lazy as Sean Hughes who most weeks did nothing except be Irish. (Three weeks running he said absolutely zilch that made it to the final edit.) Last night's didn't have a single funny line in it.

Anyway, that's that rant over...

I saw him do an episode which basically consisted of him ripping the piss out of Vanessa Feltz. Not the hardest of targets. Bill Bailey seems to be doing next to nothing on this series n all.

And Amstell's got a weird smirk-smile thing going on.

Yeah I saw that one, I thought she was gonna get up and lamp him. Last nights one wasn't too bad but I way preferred Mark Lamarr.

Guest bluesxman

I only saw the first Amstell programme, thought he was quite good. Lamarr's patter grew old a long, long time ago. Endless repeats of old programmes on satellite channels alongside newer programmes exposed this quite well.

• 2 weeks later...