aberdeen-music

please restore my faith

stuartmaxwell

Where'd you get that from?

He has probably posted the link before in a previous post.

The funny thing is I quite like that track for what it's worth. It certainly isn't dissimilar to some stuff I already listen to - Beneath Autumn Sky being the first thing that it reminds me of.

Ok, i'm going to give an honest critique of this:

I really like it. The sound quality is very, very good. The movement in the samples is very good and they all sit well with each other, each is well defined in the mix making it very easy to listen to. I like the ethereal nature of the track and i find it both haunting and soothing, i would definately chill out to this sort of thing. I also like the addition of sampled vocals towards the end of the track.

My only criticism stems more from what Stripey's said on these boards in relation to his music and that of others. While this is a very good track, it sounds like it could've been lifted straight from a FourTet album or be a Massive Attack b-side. It's definately nothing new.

I think its fine....

Not new

Not inovative

Not inspiring

Just an ok piece of music, nicely recorded by someone who enjoys what they create, but who makes it difficult for people to appreciate what he does because of the *arsehole persona* he has created for himself on here....

Quite sad really.

Guest Mr Blastcap
"inclinded to think that because 90% of people are dicks ( this percentegage rises to about 99% in Aberdongle if you figure in oil money) i assume that 90% of people on this board are also numbnuts."

What a twatish comment. Where are your facts to back that up? Is it the fact that some people work in the oil industry and earn money from that (which by the way in not as much smackeros as you might think these days) or is it just that some have money full stop? If so it seems you must have came in to some money lately.

I've been listening to music and playing it for longer than a lot of people on these forums have been walking upright and I see a lot of dodgy comments being made by these people. That does not make dicks or numbnuts, it just makes them human. Wise up!

i dont need to back up my opinion, its my opinion. this is not newsnight y'ken- think of the postings on this website as jovial pub banter, i certainly do.

I'll do some research to back it up just to please you though on the bus tommorrow if i remember, probably not though as i have other pressing issues on my mind at that time in the morning such as figuring out whether i'm on the right bus etc.

chin chin!

Guest Mr Blastcap
I think its fine....

Not new

Not inovative

Not inspiring

Just an ok piece of music, nicely recorded by someone who enjoys what they create, but who makes it difficult for people to appreciate what he does because of the *arsehole persona* he has created for himself on here....

Quite sad really.

sadly i cant chance listening to it in case it dissapoints, my world crumbled when i heard some of Zombie Munch's "comedy sketch" material....oh the pain.

He is right. Unlike the US, copyright here exists automatically without having to apply for any form of patent. The problem is proving copyright.

Yep, but i remember my original point (before that Chris got me in a tizz) was that for Stripey to have to commit piracy of his own music to let us hear it, all copyright in his music would have to lie with someone else. Although the copyright automatically exists without applying for it, it would still be Stripey's own copyright unless some record label or such owned it, and thus he could easily allows us to hear some. But we can safely conclude either way that he is an untter dingus.

Yep, but i remember my original point (before that Chris got me in a tizz) was that for Stripey to have to commit piracy of his own music to let us hear it, all copyright in his music would have to lie with someone else. Although the copyright automatically exists without applying for it, it would still be Stripey's own copyright unless some record label or such owned it, and thus he could easily allows us to hear some. But we can safely conclude either way that he is an untter dingus.

Well duh, the rights to that music I was referring to currently reside with the american label I'm signed to. I'm not prepared to give anyone a free copy of it, or anything else I've written for that matter, you would do the same.

That mp3 graemec dredged up is pretty old, I haven't posted any music up here for ages, I don't have a myspace site, and I don't feel any kind of need to let people like you listen to what I'm doing anyway because I'm working hard on my projects.

Like I said, you can all get bent for all I care, it's just sad that you feel the need to try and victimise me for my opinions. Look at the amount of trash you've posted in this thread having a go at me personally, it's disgusting and you ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Well duh, the rights to that music I was referring to currently reside with the american label I'm signed to. I'm not prepared to give anyone a free copy of it, or anything else I've written for that matter, you would do the same.

That mp3 graemec dredged up is pretty old, I haven't posted any music up here for ages, I don't have a myspace site, and I don't feel any kind of need to let people like you listen to what I'm doing anyway because I'm working hard on my projects.

Like I said, you can all get bent for all I care, it's just sad that you feel the need to try and victimise me for my opinions. Look at the amount of trash you've posted in this thread having a go at me personally, it's disgusting and you ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

What label are you on and what name do you 'trade' under as a recording artist?

To be fair, you victimise everyone else for their opinions instead of leaving their opinions at rest.

Out of curiosity how do you intend on promoting your record?

Could it be that Stripey actually prefers being labelled a fuckwit to being complimented?

Nah, I think there's some serious mental issues going on there. I reckon a psychologist would have a field day with him, what with the self delusions of grandeur, the obsessive nature and the unquestionable belief in himself and hatred of others.

I wouldn't mind hearing his record either, just to see if it's truly cutting edge, revolutionary and out of this world. I'm not convinced though, especially as he's using such...outdated technology as vinyl.

especially as he's using such...outdated technology as vinyl.

Whooooooooooooooooa there!!! The sound quality that vinyl gives has NEVER been replicated on CD. CD is a cold media. Vinyl has a lot of warmth to its sound. I don't have a problem with Stripey using a superior sounding media ro put across his work.

Of course, he could be a really nice bloke operating an ingenious advertising scheme. There's probably a good few people on these boards who'd be willing to part with a few quid to see if Stripey was really as jaw dropping as he says he is, soley 'cause there's a chance they could say "well actually, it's pretty pish."

Of course, he could be a really nice bloke operating an ingenious advertising scheme. There's probably a good few people on these boards who'd be willing to part with a few quid to see if Stripey was really as jaw dropping as he says he is.

I actually would, on having listened to that track Graeme C put up on his behalf. I wouldn't object to paying $7.99 for it, just a pity the berk won't put up a fucking link to somewhere where we could buy it.

Whooooooooooooooooa there!!! The sound quality that vinyl gives has NEVER been replicated on CD. CD is a cold media. Vinyl has a lot of warmth to its sound. I don't have a problem with Stripey using a superior sounding media ro put across his work.

Shhhhhhh Phil, don't say that, there'll be a massive argument over that now :|

Thing is, from a purely Stripey point of view, it's an outdated technology regardless of the quality situation - so therefore, it's surely hypocritical to use as it's not cutting edge, state of the art, etc etc.

I don't know enough about the quality of vinyl over CD to comment, though.