aberdeen-music

Boris Johnson makes an ass of himself (again)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5402100.stm

apparently kids should eat pies at school, seatbelts and safety seats in cars for children are 'utterly demented' and scots get free university education and free nursing care subsidised by england.

if the tories come to power i'm leaving. bloomin nutters.

Boris Johnson is a complete and utter joke.

I'm surprised the tories have kept him, he has done nothing good for them which I guess is a good thing.

Boris Johnson is a complete and utter joke.

I'm surprised the tories have kept him, he has done nothing good for them which I guess is a good thing.

He cycles, which pleases those who want to push the green credentials & it seems that he has significant appeal amongst a certain type of woman. The sort whose buffoon-mothering fantasies they probably want to turn into votes.

:swearing:

Guest Neubeatz

apparently kids should eat pies at school, seatbelts and safety seats in cars for children are 'utterly demented' and scots get free university education and free nursing care subsidised by england.

If the tories come to power I'm joining a q

I think I'm slowly falling under the Cameron spell though.

No! please don't do it. Someone give Lester a huge gin! quickly its an emergency! Lester needs a shot of cynacism in liquid form.

Next thing you'll be cycling to work and we won't be able to enjoy your posts about needing bus route information and having hangovers in the office.

pete

inthehills

Boris is fucking ace and part of a grand old British tradition - frequently wrong but; simply put - bloody marvelous! He tells it as he sees it and then gets lampooned. He's actually quite humorous if you take some of his comments with a pinch of salt.

When people ask questions like "Why isn't there any honesty in politics?" or "Why don't politicians give straight answers to simple questions?" you need only to analyse the media's response and with it your own.

You people don't want honesty from your politicians, you just want what's politically correct.

Is Scotland going to receive a personal apology from the BJ similar to that of Liverpool when he insulted Scousers?

We have yet to see an apology for that other little gaffe of his - when he published a piece advocating extermination for the Scots a couple of years back.

His apologists brushed it off as a bit of "harmless Garnetting!"

:(

Mind you, Boris makes a very good point about the West Lothian Question - and let's be honest, the only reason that still exists is because New Labour would be lost without the Scottish vote.

Mind you, Boris makes a very good point about the West Lothian Question - and let's be honest, the only reason that still exists is because New Labour would be lost without the Scottish vote.

Except that the WLC has been rendered quite irrellevant by the years of english interference in Scottish affairs that goes back right to the days of the act of union & most recently during the last Tory regieme when Scotland became a tory free zone, except when they used their English votes to enact legislation up here. Then there are other things like the recent turning of the border by 90 degrees to put the oilfields in English waters etc.

No point at all.

Still, the man is an imbecile but likable to a certain degree. Mostly harmless.

I really don't think he is an imbecile though; he's a highly intelligent man playing the buffoon because he knows it wins him 'likeability' by a great number of people. It's the same as that drunken old uncle that everybody has who plays upon his reputation for cheap laughs, and who everybody therefore loves. It can be a convenient card to play, though obviously it costs Boris in terms of his potential as being a leader (ie, it won't happen). Besides, pretty much everyone I know would prefer it if he gave up the politics and just became full-time host of Have I Got News for You, nothing would be sweeter...

I really don't think he is an imbecile though; he's a highly intelligent man playing the buffoon because he knows it wins him 'likeability' by a great number of people. It's the same as that drunken old uncle that everybody has who plays upon his reputation for cheap laughs, and who everybody therefore loves. It can be a convenient card to play, though obviously it costs Boris in terms of his potential as being a leader (ie, it won't happen). Besides, pretty much everyone I know would prefer it if he gave up the politics and just became full-time host of Have I Got News for You, nothing would be sweeter...

Imbecile/buffoon - grey area I reckon.

Other than that I agree with you completely