aberdeen-music

What would you like us to cover?

Mac Atom

Hi everyone

Here's the deal - we've been playing The Trooper for quite a while now and we reckon it may be time to introduce something new. We have played "The Brave" by Blaze a couple of times but we're not sure if this is gonna be a permanent/ongoing thing. What do you think of it?

Here's where you guys come in.. what do you, the atomites, want to hear us play? We've had a few discussions about it within the band and we've never managed to make up our minds.

So, what'll it be? More Maiden? maybe Metallica? or Ozzy? we'll consider anything and depending on a couple of factors (mainly difficulty :dunce: ) we'll make a decision at some point and let y'all know.

Can't wait to hear all your suggestions.... have fun!!

:headbang:

- Mac

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Scorge McBrain

If you go down the 'tallica way, Damage Inc. would be ace of the highest order. Or Metal Militia.

WEIRD!!!

You're not gonna believe this but just sat down and learned those two songs last night - what are the chances!?!?

Dunno if either of them are very "atomable" though, we'll see :angel:

Guest neil ex

i've heard your cover of the trooper and it was shite, you tried to play it exactly the same as the original version

why don't you try and play a cover but do your own version of it? maybe choose something not so obvious, i'm sure it would still be shite though ;)

just a suggestion

your pal,

yousef

Guest Scorge Spike

Considering that Metal Militia don't actually do Metal Militia, that would be the preferable of the two. Though I did forget to mention 'Only The Good Die Young' by Maiden - a classy, and suitable song.

Originally poste by Mouse

Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name or Phantom Of The Opera...

I don't think the latter one should be needed - after all, Double Jack do it justice big time, and Maiden Taiwan are also known to include it. Saturation can be a dangerous thing.

Originally posted by Scorge McBrain

I don't think the latter one should be needed - after all, Double Jack do it justice big time, and Maiden Taiwan are also known to include it. Saturation can be a dangerous thing.

Awesome, will on of you guys be playing it at the DJ CD launch gig?

A Medley of a few songs would be good actually

do i get to pick some?!

oh pleeeease!!!

some of the suggestions so far i've really liked actually.

Although our version of the the trooper wasnt really carbon copy, first we play it about 3 times the speed of maiden and second i've never seen Adrian smith fuck up with solo like i do night in night out ;)

but yeah hallowed and only the good die young were up on my list beside evil that men do, but personally, i'd love to tackle some metallica, obviosly that doesnt mean we will do some but thats my 2 cents, just had some fun when we were pissing about at poll:ution the other night, anyway, just some thoughts!!

:headbang:

I think Overture 1928 would be a great cover. It's instrumental - MENTAL - being the operative word, but it's ace!

The Prisoner, Die With Your Boots On or Revelations would get my nod.

As for Metallica, I'm not fussy but a bit of warning for the early stuff would be nice to I can warm up by calf muscles!

Oh and the theme tune to Cheers....

Guest Bob Double Jack

We've done loads of Maiden covers in the past and one or other gigs - at one point we used to play about ten! (Iron Maiden, Prowler, Phantom, Number f the Beast, Run to the hills, Powerslave, Mariner, Hallowed, Prisoner......) - christ, the list goes on.

I would love to here you guys do "2 minutes to midnight" - we tried it, but could not get it right. Morgaqn struggled a bit with the vocals, and we knew as soon as we tried it that it wasnt happening.

Problem with Rime of the Ancient Mariner, we used to do it, but missed out the middle section and to be honest the only people that applauded were those that like Maiden. Everyone elso thought it was too long and dull.

Guest Scorge Spike
Originally posted by Bob Double Jack

I would love to here you guys do "2 minutes to midnight" - we tried it, but could not get it right. Morgaqn struggled a bit with the vocals, and we knew as soon as we tried it that it wasnt happening.

I think that's on one of our 'work in progress' lists. Not sure if it will be unveiled for a while yet,though.

Originally posted by Len Atom

The Prisoner

That however, should be ready pretty soon. Maybe you shoud delve into the realms of the prog, whip out some Dream Theater and make some audience members wet with delight.

Originally posted by Rass

i'd love to tackle some metallica

Of course, how the fuck could I have forgotten For Whom The Bell Tolls?! It rocks a big one, and seeing as even we can do it, skill shoudn't be much of a barrier. :D

Guest Scorge Spike

please please please don't do the prisoner at the lemon tree! we want to open with it!

Looks like we might be having a stab at 2 Minutes sooner than we thought then. :D

Or perhaps something else a bit special.... ;)

we've got an intro cd we can copy for you for future use though!

Handy, becasue I couldn't be arsed making one. Excellent, much appreciated.