aberdeen-music

Goodbye chat rooms, hello arcade...

Neil

As prompted by this thread:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17698

Being a fan of chess myself, I went on a quest to see if I could get a chess game available through the web site for all users to play against each other. So far I've been unsuccessful but I think I've managed to get about pretty much every other game going in the new Arcade section of the web site:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/arcade.php

The Chat Rooms have been removed for now to make way for this new section. I realise it's not a very relevant section of the web site but we all need to have a little fun now and again surely!

If any of you can think of some games that would make a good addition to the Arcade then let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Have fun. :)

Guest Jake Wifebeater

At the risk of sounding nerdy, why not start something like a weekly chess night at the Bassment or something? Maybe on a Monday or Tuesday night when there's not much else doing. I'd be up for it, Scorge likes a game, and maybe Hog when I finally get round to teaching him how to play.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Is there not already a big geeky role playing night on a tuesday? Those bastards demand to reserve all the tables and make it impossible to go and eat there on a tuesday night.

Unless they've been stopped... but as far as I'm aware they are still on. You have to be part of the their elite to play against them. Sadly' date=' it's chess.

I'd be up for Sunday night chess. Sundays are always so empty. I'm rubbish at it...I should maybe challenge Neil to a few games before I venture out.[/quote']

I'll take your word for it, I'm very rarely in the Bassment, and if there's maladjusted social-inadequate role-player types in on a Tuesday then I'm not going near the fucking place.

Sunday night chess in the Bassment? Sounds good, how very civilised.

Playing Mario has made me so happy, you wouldn't believe :) Ahh, memories of a misspent youth. Or maybe that should be illspent...

The geek night in bassment is ridicuous, the staff hate it, the regular punters hate it, I'm sure they don't make any more money than on regular nights, seems a bit pointless to me. What amuses me the most is that there are people willing to go out in public and be seen playing those games. And people over the age of 14 whatsmore!

Yeah, I had a much better score on Othello which didn't submit either. It was pretty hard to take at first, but I'm having counselling now and I'm pretty sure I'll get over it.

fucking bastard of a game... just equaled the highscore in frogger and when i pressed submit i got this error

fuckcuntbastardbitchjesuswankwhore.jpg

:down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

Sounds like a session time-out problem. If you disconnected from the Internet during the game then you won't be able to submit your score at the end I'm afraid. It sounds like this happened here and indeed, it can happen in any of the games.