Element 106 playing a Kitchen Cynics song

Prof-lofi- doing a Baby Karma song

Filthpact playing a Micklemass song

Death by Dave covering a Spike song

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon it's a great idea. A good song is a good song regardless of the style it's played, and I love hearing radically different versions that prove that fact.

Suvara used to play a fully rocked up version of the Ian Simpson classic 'Irn Bru'. We still haven't apologised enough, but it went down well purely because it's a great song.

I want to hear Kathryn Sawers doing 'Wall of Skin'.

I like the sound of that' date=' too. Mind you Filthpact would have a struggle finding a Mickle Mass 'song'.....but I could find something vaguely tuney if I dig deep enough in the archives :)[/quote']

I'm sure given the fact that Filthpact don't actually play 'songs' they'd manage fine ;)

I'd actually quite like to see what aberdeen bands could do in a 'tribute to the aberdeen scene' compilation where Aberdeen bands play each others songs in differing styles.

Good idea Hog.

I'm sure given the fact that Filthpact don't actually play 'songs' they'd manage fine ;)

Good idea Hog.

But the problem is that the Mickel Mass things are totally improvised.....we can't do the same thing again ourselves. However they ARE on CD, so Filthpact could pick bits out...it'd definitely be good fun.

I was wondering if there could be a CD in it??

someone came up with a pretty interesting and fun idea and old pawps here wasn't involved :(

1. you wouldnt know the meaning of the word interesting. your posts are the human equivalent of being pissed on with hot acid

2. i would hate to be a part of a gash thread that was started by hog talkign about shitty scene gigs (which are more than often crap rather than "good fun"

3. the band that i play in is based in dundee and have no intentions of playing crappy aberdeen gigs

if you have any queries, drop me a pm

xxx