aberdeen-music

A strange suggestion...

Hog

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sometimes you have to say something, something that can't be said with words alone. This is one of those times.

Koh Samui embodies beauty, tenderness and open displays of emotion in their music. Laid bare and stripped down to reveal a tender melancholy cascade of intricate yet simple guitar work and strings that wrench at the very fibre of your being"

:laughing:

i think that is a shite bio so i guess we are even

"Sometimes you have to say something' date=' something that can't be said with words alone. This is one of those times.

Koh Samui embodies beauty, tenderness and open displays of emotion in their music. Laid bare and stripped down to reveal a tender melancholy cascade of intricate yet simple guitar work and strings that wrench at the very fibre of your being"

:laughing:

i think that is a shite bio so i guess we are even[/quote']

So......What's your point?

I just realised that apparently Filthpact don't follow the typical blueprint when writing songs.

We write songs by coming up with a riff, then playing that, then adding riffs to it. Once we're happy with that......we get lyrics to it.

I dont know how everyone else write songs, but that seems pretty standard to me.

Fuctoff songwriting, now THATS weird, but works just as well.

I just realised that apparently Filthpact don't follow the typical blueprint when writing songs.

We write songs by coming up with a riff' date=' then playing that, then adding riffs to it. Once we're happy with that......we get lyrics to it.

I dont know how everyone else write songs, but that seems pretty standard to me.

Fuctoff songwriting, now THATS weird, but works just as well.[/quote']

It's ok, i don't expect you to know what i mean really. But you do realise that if Maxi is in anyway involved in this 'Fuctoff' thing you've got going, you are actually including a 'scenie' in a non-scene band 8o

After all he is in THE biggest scene band in Dundee!!!! And he's a fervant member of the scene here too, regardless of how much he professes not to be....

Oh! The irony.... ;)

Then you'll have to show me the book on how to write 'songs'.

he isn't.

who said we were?

Do you operate on the 'standard' verse-chorus-verse-chorus approach to song writing?

Wow, he goes on about it enough to suggest he's involved. My bad.

Anti-scene members involved in scene band shocker???

Seriously though, i wasn't having a go about your songs lighten up a little.

sometimes.

a band doesnt need to be 'scene' or 'anti-scene'. They can just be a band.

I know it doesn't, but you are quite comedy with your anti-scene ethics and you and your friends seem to be vehemently against the 'scene' as a whole. I don't believe in 'scene' or 'anti-scene' bands personally, as i'm not convinced there is any sort of 'scene' as such in Aberdeen.

I know it doesn't' date=' but you are quite comedy with your anti-scene ethics and you and your friends seem to be vehemently against the 'scene' as a whole. I don't believe in 'scene' or 'anti-scene' bands personally, as i'm not convinced there is any sort of 'scene' as such in Aberdeen.[/quote']we're not particularly local scene, no. DIY scene, we are very.

and we just want to be a banmd, I dont care what people think we are.

Guest Phantomsmasher

This whole concept reeks of horrible mutual musical masterbation, no real merit for anyone involved other than to give this 'scene' a nice big congratulatory pat on the back, and say, "how fucking great are we!?"

Personaly, if you find this to be a great idea, you should just book a hotel room and have a big fucking orgy, or a knife fight...

:popcorn:

blah blah blah i think i know everything

filthpact never profess to be scene or anti-scene. stop making cock in mouth suggestions.

with regards to your comments about me, i actually do (and have done) productive things unlike yourself who merely shows face at overproduced metal band gigs. if anyone was the scenester then the shite haircut and trendy tshirt would be attatched to you

if i am in a scene band then so be it, but i find it hard to see how a band who hasnt played a gig and only have half of a set can be a scene band. we havent hyped it, we dont have a myspace with 3200 friends and we just get in a room every week and churn out songs looking forward to getting out on the road and playing them rather than simply talking it up

filthpact never profess to be scene or anti-scene. stop making cock in mouth suggestions.

with regards to your comments about me' date=' i actually do (and have done) productive things unlike yourself who merely shows face at overproduced metal band gigs. if anyone was the scenester then the shite haircut and trendy tshirt would be attatched to you

if i am in a scene band then so be it, but i find it hard to see how a band who hasnt played a gig and only have half of a set can be a scene band. we havent hyped it, we dont have a myspace with 3200 friends and we just get in a room every week and churn out songs looking forward to getting out on the road and playing them rather than simply talking it up[/quote']

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaawn!!!

1. I never said they did.

2. I don't have a trendy haircut as anyone who has seen me in the past 6 months will attest as i haven't had it cut since i had a skinhead. I don't only listen to metal, as you well know. And just because i don't go to your same old, same old gigs doesn't mean i'm scene. I don't like any bands that are currently viewed as being 'scene' on a local level.

3. You actually joined We, Hummingbirds! when they were called The Fall Of Boss Koala, who were one of the biggest scene bands in Dundee (they are lovely guys in my opinion). I expect they will retain a similar crowd as they probably (i'd expect, as i don't sit in on practices-but from what you've previously said when crowing about it i'd guess so) will end up playing a similar style of music . No bands i am in are 'scene' and have '3200 friends' as you well know. And none of us 'talk up our band'. I'd challenge you to find any bulletins other than the one or two we've posted in the past 6 months saying that we'd put the songs up from our EP on our myspace. I also would like to point out that i see on average (or certainly used to) a post by Owen (We, Hummingbirds!/TFOBK) at least once a day on myspace pertaining to his/your band, so there's a bit of a contradiction in what you're saying really.

Ps. I love you really :)

No bands i am in are 'scene'

thats right so all yer metalcore mates turn up because they love the music?? riiiiiight

And none of us 'talk up our band'.

brutality in artform etc' date=' the aforementioned koh samui bullshit. dah hink so

[/quote']

I'd challenge you to find any bulletins other than the one or two we've posted in the past 6 months saying that we'd put the songs up from our EP on our myspace. I also would like to point out that i see on average (or certainly used to) a post by Owen (We, Hummingbirds!/TFOBK) at least once a day on myspace pertaining to his/your band, so there's a bit of a contradiction in what you're saying really.

thats right so all yer metalcore mates turn up because they love the music?? riiiiiight

brutality in artform etc' date=' the aforementioned koh samui bullshit. dah hink so

[/quote']

I'd challenge you to find any bulletins other than the one or two we've posted in the past 6 months saying that we'd put the songs up from our EP on our myspace. I also would like to point out that i see on average (or certainly used to) a post by Owen (We, Hummingbirds!/TFOBK) at least once a day on myspace pertaining to his/your band, so there's a bit of a contradiction in what you're saying really.

differnet band. tfobk is dead. new band. not old band. not called we humminghbirds. ive seen no posts about it. yawn

It's ok' date=' i don't expect you to know what i mean really. But you do realise that if Maxi is in anyway involved in this 'Fuctoff' thing you've got going, you are actually including a 'scenie' in a non-scene band 8o

[/quote']

Who said Fuctoff were a non-scene band?

You either fany maxwell or are jleouse of him. You are like the kid in the playground who is really nasty to he girl he fancys coz its the only way he can get attention. haha

can i ask what bands you are in that have done so well?

Who said Fuctoff were a non-scene band?

You either fany maxwell or are jleouse of him. You are like the kid in the playground who is really nasty to he girl he fancys coz its the only way he can get attention. haha

can i ask what bands you are in that have done so well?

I'm mates with Maxi numbnuts :p We like winding each other up on here' date=' he's the only person i actually like verbally sparring with on here as he says a lot of things i find funny and i can be assured he'll retort with something worthwhile. And i like what he does musically.

As a rather cute aside, i reckon he can fight his own battles. Although he's quite hot in a rugged manly sort of way he's certainly no damsel in distress ;)

I think the FuctOff thing was answered a few posts ago.

And i don't judge how well my band has done as a reflection of anything. I enjoy music because i do. But to answer your question i'm in Genevieve, who are sort of successful i would suppose. But maybe successful by my expectations doesn't mean the same as successful by yours i.e i enjoy doing what we do, we recorded an EP that was very well recieved and have another in the production line, and we have a good fan base both in Aberdeen and out. But the main thing in that for me is the fact that i enjoy it.

judge for yourself:

www.myspace.com/genevieveuk

• 4 weeks later...