aberdeen-music

Belladrum, anyone?

pantsandsocks

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Im gutted i cant go but im going to be in turkey.

Drive By Argument are playing so if you all can' date=' go check them out. They have just recently signed their Album deal with Lizzard King. so go see them before they become huge. cause believe me, they will :-)[/quote']

Out of mild curiousity, does your life consist of anything else other than namedropping DBA on this forum?

Great weekend, Friday's highlight had to be Seasick Steve. Best performance I have ever seen by anyone ever, total legend. Strangely I don't think anything at all happened on Friday evening as I remember - everything just went blurry and sideways. Saturday's gem was King Creosote followed on stage by The Wonderstuff, you can't spend three hours any better than that. I don't think there was anything on on Saturday after 9ish either, very odd. Very clever how they got the whole field to rotate like that though.

Biffy were the Highlight for me; fo' sho.

Fucking amazing set. At the very front, twas amazing.

I saw DBA, pretty damn good. I was actually thinking, "They're probably going to be huge." during their set.

Also; Shutter on the Saturday, never heard them before, enjoyed them a lot.

Good weekend.

Anyone who left early on Saturday missed a good set from iLiKETRAiNS and an AWESOME show by Flash Monkey & The RevRum Tum Ti Bum Bum's, there were contortionists, burlesque, swing music, stripping pigs... the lot.

The Prais did play a cracking set with tons of energy. I also managed to catch these guys (http://www.orkestradelsol.co.uk/) play some impromptu gig in the middle of the festival site, which was fantastic.

I also managed to see 5 disgusting minutes of - I don't even want to type it - EMBRACE

:-(

Possibly the worst live singer I have ever heard and I've been to a karaoke night doon the Balaclava. Absolute disgrace.

gigreviewscotland@belladrum

I found myself rather unexpectedly at Belladrum and I had so much fun there.

We were there reviewing it and doing photos

The reviews are up here

http://www.gigreviewscotland.net/index.htm

What a great little festival. Met so many cool people too but a shame I missed Seasick Steve and also Biz's frying pan solo

Had to interview the wonder stuff too. what a nice bloke Miles is. They were storming too.

I didnae like the Bunnymen though. took some shots and then went to the bar.

It was a well needed break for me.

Slainte!

Andrew.