aberdeen-music

You're Walter Smith and Scotland are going to the World Cup

Guest neil ex

GK: Gordon, Brown, Marshall

Defenders: Anderson, Pressley, Webster, Weir, Hart, Hammell, McManus

Midfielders: Hartley, Severin, Murty, Burke, Quasie, Ferguson, Fletcher, Brown

Strikers: Boyd, McFadden, Miller (kenny), Maloney, O'Connor

about 14 of those names came naturally, the other 9 i had to think a bit about, but my brain went numb so sure ive missed a few out.

not a bad squad in my opinion though.

Agree with most of it MatthEw, maybe a slight red tinted biase! I'd go.....

GK: Gordon, Marshall, Langfield!!

Defenders: Anderson, Pressley, Webster, Weir, Hammell (or that boy Smith for rangers?), McManus, G Caldwell (Hart would pull his hammy before the 1st game!)

Midfielders: Hartley, Severin, J Smith, Burke, Quasie, Ferguson, Fletcher, Brown

Strikers: Boyd, McFadden, Miller (kenny), Maloney, O'Connor

hmmm no space for Riordan........or Budgie!

GK: Gordon, Marshall, Langfield

DF: Anderson, G Caldwell, Webster, Pressley, Naysmith, McNaughton, McManus

MF: Severin, Fletcher, Burke, McCann, Quashie, Hartley, Ferguson

ST: Miller, McFadden, Boyd, Maloney, Dargo, Riordan

Starting X1

Gordon

McNaughton, Pressley, Anderson, Naysmith

Burke, Ferguson, Fletcher, Hartley,

Boyd, Maloney

Keepers: Gordon, Douglas, Alexander

Defenders: McNamara, Naysmith, Pressley, Webster, Anderson, G. Caldwell, Weir, Neilson

Midfielders: Hartley, Ferguson, Fletcher, Maloney, Quashie, Severin, Burke, Sc. Brown

Attackers: K. Miller, Boyd, McFadden, O'Connor

Love from christy

Keepers: Gordon' date=' Douglas, Alexander

Defenders: McNamara, Naysmith, Pressley, Webster, Anderson, G. Caldwell, Weir, Neilson

Midfielders: Hartley, Ferguson, Fletcher, Maloney, Quashie, Severin, Burke, Sc. Brown

Attackers: K. Miller, Boyd, McFadden, O'Connor

Love from christy[/quote']

And a starting XI of: (4-5-1)

Gordon

McNamara, Anderson, Pressley, Naysmith

Burke, Hartley, Ferguson, Fletcher, Maloney

K. Miller

Guest neil ex
Bob Malcolm' date=' Alan Hutton, Ian Murray, Chris Burke, Gavin Rae, Alex Rae, Barry Ferguson, Ross McCormack, Kris Boyd, Steven Smith...

Oh hang on, I'm not *actually* Walter Smith.[/quote']

Apparently he wanted to bring Dado Prso, Thomas Buffel and Fernando Rickson with him to Japan aswell..

Here where's your first team Caley selection?! :p

Hahahaha...:sleeping:

Here would be mine

GK: Gordon' date=' Mark Brown, Alexander

[b']Defenders: Anderson, Pressley, Webster, Hammell, Mark Wilson, McManus, G Caldwell

Midfielders: Hartley, Severin, J Smith, Burke, Quashie, Maloney, Fletcher, K Thomson

Strikers: Boyd, McFadden, Miller (kenny), Dargo, O'Connor

Darren Dodds and Ross Tokely on the Standby-List... :love:

Here we go:

Goalkeepers:

Craig Gordon

David Marshall

Iain Turner

Defenders:

Christian Dailly

Russell Anderson

Steven Hammell

Ian Murray

Stephen McManus

Mark Wilson

Gary Caldwell

Gary Naysmith

Andy Webster

Midfileders:

Chris Burke

Darren Fletcher

Barry Ferguson

Paul Hartley

James McFadden

Nigel Quashie

Gavin Rae

Forwards:

Shaun Maloney

Kris Boyd

Kenny Miller

Gary O'Conner

If i could get him to play for Scotland rather than Australia then Scott McDonald would get in ahead of Stephen Hughes and i'd count Maloney as a midfielder. I'd probably use Maloney in a berth behind Boyd and Miller though.

Starting XI:

Gordon

Naysmith, McManus, Webster, Anderson

McFadden, Ferguson, Fletcher

Maloney

Boyd, Miller

What the fuck is with everyone rating Stephen McManus?! He's a lump a fuckin wood! Even the Celtic fans don't rate him. Soon as John Kennedy is back (he's due to start pre-season with the rest a the squad) McManus will be back where he should be. The reserves.

love from christy

He might be wooden as fuck but he's scored 7 goals from set pieces this season and he's got great perception of movement when the ball's in the air. Plus he's a strong Richard Gough style defender.

I'm in the opposite opinion, i never rated Kennedy and i think he'll certainly be no better after that series of injuries, look at Lee Wilkie, he's never made it back from the serious injuries he's had and he was a cracking defender.

He might be wooden as fuck but he's scored 7 goals from set pieces this season and he's got great perception of movement when the ball's in the air. Plus he's a strong Richard Gough style defender.

Give me a mobile defender who can actually defend, rather than score goals, any day. He's just another beneficiary of the national team's 'if they're playin for the old firm they must be good enough' selection policy. i would be AMAZED if he gets a regular game next season ahead of a fit Kennedy.

love from christy

Give me a mobile defender who can actually defend' date=' rather than score goals, any day. He's just another beneficiary of the national team's 'if they're playin for the old firm they must be good enough' selection policy. i would be AMAZED if he gets a regular game next season ahead of a fit Kennedy.

love from christy[/quote']

I would be expecting him and Kennedy to be playing together in fact. The two of them are easily Celtic's best defenders. All depends where they intend using Caldwell, i'm guessing he'll get a midfield holding role just in front of the back four like Keane or Lennon. Celtic are gonna have a cracking scottish team in the next two seasons or so if Strachan's allowed to build upon it.

I mean:

Marshall, Caldwell, McManus, Kennedy, Maloney, Miller, Wilson, Beattie

Thats a good backbone to build from. They just need a few good scottish midfielders (*cough* Fletcher *cough*) and a good Scottish Left back (*cough* Hammell *cough*)

:up: