aberdeen-music

the new tool album just through the post :D

Untitled

i love play.com

i guess as monday there is no post they sent it earlier :D

the packaging is awesome

some very wierd glasses like thing on the front that give you a headache unless you are really blind :S

some very funky artwork

and well' date=' a truelly brilliant album :)[/quote']

That's all i have been listening too!

Great cd. Will buy the vinyl and cd soon :)

nope

that was the real thing

oh and if anyone cares

tool played the coachelle festival last night and the setlist was as followed

01. Stinkfist

02. The Pot

03. Forty-six & 2

04. Jambi

05. Schism

06. Eon Blue Apocalypse

07. The Patient

08. Sober

09. Lateralus

10. Vicarious

11. Ænema

I got my copy today after much suspense! Also had a copy of the leaked version but hadn't listened to it too much as i kinda wanted the impact of going into town specially first thing on a monday morning to buy a cd then come home and listen to it for hours on end. Something i haven't done in such a long time, thanks to the internet! The more i listen to the cd the more i love it, completely not what i was expecting though. On first listens i'd thought it was a bit mixed up but now it just seems impossibly congruent. Can't wait to delve deeper with lyrics etc. Oh and totally wowed by the 3d artwork, really cool touch. Yay for June 10, it can't come soon enough.

Agreed on the setlist there' date=' no Parabol/Parabola or Ticks 'n' Leeches though ;)

Got the new album in town today from One Up and loving it so far. Might be stuck on the CD player for a good few weeks to come.[/quote']

if ticks n leeches was up on that setlist that would probably be my favourite possible set list they could play. I've also bought it, i'm reckoning it'll be a good month or two til its out the cd player. :music:

i was shocked to how short the setlist was' date=' as its only 1 hour 10 minutes long when tool do easily 2 hour shows

so expect much better setlists on their tours[/quote']

well an 11 song setlist is a tad sparce, so i was thinking along the lines that there own tour would consist of much more stuff.

I've been listening to the album all day, I like it, favourite track is probably The Pot.

Tool have always been an uncertainty for me, their good parts are pure genius but they start boring me if I listen to them for too long. They are probably one of few bands that vocals and drums interest me more than the guitar. Although good, their riffs seem to all have a certain formula to them which they haven't shaken in this album.

Although good' date=' their riffs seem to all have a certain formula to them which they haven't shaken in this album.[/quote']

That's a perfect way to describe it, almost as if the wierd timings and downtuning has became expected. Yet still the technical aspects of there music is still astounding which keeps me interested.

http://www.distortiononline.com/mp3/

2 live tracks from said performance

the pot sounds so awesome live. Maynard is just such a brilliant singer live even with the out of key crowd interferences!

is it just me, or the more I hear maynards voice, the more I think it sounds like english folk?...he sounds like he's been inspired by burt jansche...

I like the new lp packaging, the 3d viewer is ace...some of the tracks are a bit dull, and sound like laterallus bsides...but, the quality songs make up for it....still to decide my fave track. I am glad I bought it.

the pot sounds so awesome live. Maynard is just such a brilliant singer live even with the out of key crowd interferences!

after they finished the song, maynard in true fashion insulted to people that sang along (as the album had not yet been released)

"I know all you fuckers already downloaded the album."

after they finished the song' date=' maynard in true fashion insulted to people that sang along (as the album had not yet been released)

"I know all you fuckers already downloaded the album."[/quote']

he's quite right! But if they were dedicated enough to buy tickets to a tool gig they'll most likely buy the album.