aberdeen-music

Old pictures of Aberdeen

Birdman

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full standard fare is now £1.60! o_O

Thats just shocking! Cheaper getting the train depending where you're going...

Costs me £2 a day to get a 5 year old kid to his child minders and back. On top of the fares for myself and the missus...that soon adds up to a hell of a rip off.

Bring back the trams. I bet they ran on time aswell :D

Full standard fare is now 1.60! o_O

Full fare is 1.60 but the fare from mine is 1.20 - either that or I've been robbing FirstBus blind! I'm sure it always says 1.20 on my ticket but I haven't taken the bus since the bad snow a few weeks ago and my memory is bad :down:

Anyway this thread is turning well boring we should do a dance or something to entertain everyone.

All this from trying to determine the route of an "Alexander bodied" Daimler CVG6.

Busspotters! :D

I'll get me cagoule...

Don't laugh - I've just finished helping one of the partners here at the surgery put together a book of all the locomotives in America - I've never done anything so seemingly pointless in all my life - managed to blag some free booze off him though!

If anyone has about a month to spare surfing' date=' then there's some amazing photos of olde Aberdeen here:-

[url']http://www.nepforums.co.uk/thisisnorthscotland/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB2

:up:

Your not joking either, I've been reading that link for the last hour and a half and I'm only at page 15. (Saves it to favorites for reading later)

Some amazing pictures in their though, definetly pass this to the parents who will remember quite a few of these.

Cheers

If anyone has about a month to spare surfing' date=' then there's some amazing photos of olde Aberdeen here:-

[url']http://www.nepforums.co.uk/thisisnorthscotland/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB2

:up:

Yeah think we've been on this site for at least 2 hours and up to page 78 with no end in sight.... come back another day methinks!

Lots of awesome pics tho, albeit a bit too much tram/old bus action ;)

Guest Laura@TMB

Ha ha, well don't say I didn't warn you ;) . I found the site when searching for interior photos of the Tivoli a while back and bookmarked it then.

My favourite photo find of recent days from the site has to be :

http://www.nepforums.co.uk/thisisnorthscotland/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=8283&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1

Scroll down to pic and you've got to read the accompanying text. Can you imagine these ladies in the queues outside Exodus/ Liquid or wherever, complete with curlers in hair - classic!

With those wipe clean surfaces I can see them Qing to get into that S&M AT M&S club.

I did not know which was the front and which was the back on the thong so asked the woman cashier...she replied in a haughty tone "They are clearly labelled C and A.

rollers9qy.jpg