aberdeen-music

Old pictures of Aberdeen

Birdman

I just found these on a website:

aberdeen2.jpg

aberdeen.jpg

The host believes them to have been taken from 1978.

Apart from the cars, barely anything has changed! (I'm sure that same seagull is on the statue's head, too!)

Anyone else got some delightful oldies in their possession they'd be willing to share?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There a quite a few pubs around the town with some intresting pics on the wall. In Tilted Wig they have photo's of the castlegate with snow deeper than the people are tall. It was obviously taken a while ago though because the Mercat Cross is still in it's original position in the photos.

I'll give anyone a 5 note if they can tell me where that bus was destined for.

tick tock tick tock

Everyone in Tillydrone always moans how there isn't a No. 24 bus anymore and how crap the bus service is now there is only 1 bus to Tilly, so I would hazard a guess at Tillydrone but I'm probably wrong! :down:

Guest Neubeatz
Scatterburn?

I have a BBC documentary from 1972 filmed in Aberdeen' date=' and its extraordinary to see some of the differences there: Old Torry before it was flattened for instance![/quote']

oops missed that, halves? ;)

The "other" 24 went from "Braeside" to "Woodside"

Guest Neubeatz
That buses were brilliant fun' date=' we used to jump off them as they were slowing down at the bus stops.:p

If I remember I'm sure I was about two pence to get into town (child fare)

Changed Days.[/quote']

We used to take sulph, and race them on our pushbikes......:):D;)

The 25 and 26 used to run at the same time if I remember, with 25 going to kincorth and 26 going to cults, then the kincorth bus was dropped, 26 changed to the 19, then it changed routes to kincorth, then it changed back to cults.....

This is what happens when you grow up without a car.....half of my life has been wasted waiting for or sitting on fucking busses.

While some things never change...THIS picture certainly has

acc_lib_bch.jpg