aberdeen-music

Panic! at the Disco

timson

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reasons that Panic at the disco are shit

- their music is the ultimate cash in on today's lamest fads: mall emo and ironic disco rock/retro synthesiser infatuation

-what ryan said. their lyrics are so corny that i actually went red with embarassment when i heard that line.

-again' date=' the music. not only is it perfectly in tune with todays lamest and biggest fads of popular music, but it's dad rock for teenagers. the dullest, safest, most middle of the road pish around.

-even their name sucks. i despise this appalling fad of whack punctuation. by adding a ! to your name, you suddenly attain shocking ironic retro credibility.[/quote']

Reasons that Tom is speaking shit

-his music is a 'cash in' on whatever latest fad he's into such as reinvigorating 10EW with a 'final' gig or starting TCFCHBF and doing nowt with it or starting a would-be cash in on today's lamest fads: mall-emo and ironic disco rock/retro synthesiser infatuation with Les Yeux but getting jealous at people doing it bigger and slicker with label support.

-Admittedly Les Yeux lyrics were amazing.

-Make up your own entries for the last two. It's not exactly hard.

• Upvote 1

Guest Tam o' Shantie

-his music is a 'cash in' on whatever latest fad he's into such as reinvigorating 10EW with a 'final' gig or starting TCFCHBF and doing nowt with it or starting a would-be cash in on today's lamest fads: mall-emo and ironic disco rock/retro synthesiser infatuation with Les Yeux but getting jealous at people doing it bigger and slicker with label support.

Are you fucking tripping?

10 Easy Wishes is a cash in on fads? What fad would that be, mate? Name another band who is playing music in the style of the wishes in this country right now? rock music? reinvigorating 10ew with a 'final' gig was entirely JJ's idea, so what? it didn't stop people pussying out because of some white fluff anyway, so it was a waste of time. what the fuck is it to you, anyway? You can call 10ew anything you want, but i defy anybody to accuse us of bandwagon jumping. the only change in 10ew's sound over the years has been to move away from cliched 'punk' music, WHILE IT WAS IN VOGUE.

the cure for cancer, a cash in on fads? How the fuck do you figure that out? I was trying to play music stolen from the locust and spazz, my two favourite hardcore bands. the inclusion of a synthesiser? nothing to do with the disco fad. i wasn't playing tunes on it, i was making noise on it. i suppose man is the bastard are responsible for pioneering the likes of the bravery etc then?

I'd been planning it since 2004, i wrote some songs with a genuine intention of taking it live, i ran out of ideas for songs and then decided that i'd rather spend my musical time on 10 easy wishes instead - after all, with the resurgence in blues and surf influenced guitar pop on the go, i'd be a fool not to cash in on it. one more thing, moron - if i was 'cashing in' on it, why the fuck did i stop working on the band after one practice?

Now onto les yeux. I wrote a pop song in my room. It's catchy. the lyrics are undeniably shit, i have repeatedly stated this. they are the first gash lines that came into my head which fitted the melody. les yeux sounds nothing like fake emo or disco rock. it's three chord pop with a keyboard and a guitar. who the fuck made out les yeux to be a big deal? there is no fucking band or project. in its entirety, les yeux is one song and a few unfinished ideas which exist in the form of mp3s on my hard drive. once again, work on the music has ceased due to the fact that i can't write songs, and i prefer working on 10ew related stuff.

that you can attempt to call me out on being a fake by attacking the above is beyond ridiculous. i'm quite surprised that you'd make such fucking retarded accusations anyway, it certainly seems out of character so i'm not holding my breath against it being the work of a cronie of yours instead, especially noting the time posted. best lay off the rock from now on, eh dude? :gringo: :gringo: :gringo: :gringo:

Are you fucking tripping?

10 Easy Wishes is a cash in on fads? What fad would that be' date=' mate? Name another band who is playing music in the style of the wishes in this country right now? rock music? reinvigorating 10ew with a 'final' gig was entirely JJ's idea, so what? it didn't stop people pussying out because of some white fluff anyway, so it was a waste of time. what the fuck is it to you, anyway? You can call 10ew anything you want, but i defy anybody to accuse us of bandwagon jumping. the only change in 10ew's sound over the years has been to move away from cliched 'punk' music, WHILE IT WAS IN VOGUE.

the cure for cancer, a cash in on fads? How the fuck do you figure that out? I was trying to play music stolen from the locust and spazz, my two favourite hardcore bands. the inclusion of a synthesiser? nothing to do with the disco fad. i wasn't playing tunes on it, i was making noise on it. i suppose man is the bastard are responsible for pioneering the likes of the bravery etc then?

I'd been planning it since 2004, i wrote some songs with a genuine intention of taking it live, i ran out of ideas for songs and then decided that i'd rather spend my musical time on 10 easy wishes instead - after all, with the resurgence in blues and surf influenced guitar pop on the go, i'd be a fool not to cash in on it. one more thing, moron - if i was 'cashing in' on it, why the fuck did i stop working on the band after one practice?

Now onto les yeux. I wrote a pop song in my room. It's catchy. the lyrics are undeniably shit, i have repeatedly stated this. they are the first gash lines that came into my head which fitted the melody. les yeux sounds nothing like fake emo or disco rock. it's three chord pop with a keyboard and a guitar. who the fuck made out les yeux to be a big deal? there is no fucking band or project. in its entirety, les yeux is one song and a few unfinished ideas which exist in the form of mp3s on my hard drive. once again, work on the music has ceased due to the fact that i can't write songs, and i prefer working on 10ew related stuff.

that you can attempt to call me out on being a fake by attacking the above is beyond ridiculous. i'm quite surprised that you'd make such fucking retarded accusations anyway, it certainly seems out of character so i'm not holding my breath against it being the work of a cronie of yours instead, especially noting the time posted. best lay off the rock from now on, eh dude? :gringo: :gringo: :gringo: :gringo:[/quote']

what does the fact that it was posted early morning make it that someones on drugs?

and regarding this thread, i still dont like panic! at the disco. they are just too like fob (whom i do like) but they are talented musicians. why does the fact they (both bands) are popular make them a fad? So they appeal to the masses so what? id rather see bands like that in the charts than some daniel bedingfield guy whos made the music in their bedroom or just taken another song and added an "ump ump ump"

best post yet.

music for emotionally (and aurally) retarded teenagers.

and what is wrong with that?

are we not allowed to passionately listen to music?

is anyone who listens to Panic At The Disco retarted just because YOU don't like them for whatever reason?

how narrow-minded and arrogant. really.

well timson how many bands do u know who have lyrics which include...........my cock is much bigger than urs and seen as u r a s.o.d fan u should surely know this :up:

Do you not like S.O.A.D. emz-lou?

you said you like funny lyrics, why don't you like system???

s.o.a.d just seem to take the concept of funny lyrics just a tad to far i mean why would someone want to write lyrics with such content i bet it took them ages to figure out those lyrics *coughs* i wander if they sat and compared the sizes of each others cocks im intrigued now hey timson maybe u can help me on that one did they compare to get the lyrics for their song??????

s.o.a.d just seem to take the concept of funny lyrics just a tad to far i mean why would someone want to write lyrics with such content i bet it took them ages to figure out those lyrics *coughs* i wander if they sat and compared the sizes of each others cocks im intrigued now hey timson maybe u can help me on that one did they compare to get the lyrics for their song??????

you misinformed fool! you obviously aren't aware that S.O.A.D are a political band and that song, Cigaro, is not abou comparing cock sizes, it is about multi-national firms being so important to running of countries. i.e. Microsoft, and bragging about it, hence the line, my cock is much bigger than yours.

well timson u seem to have a hint of arrogance about yourself hmmmmmmmm indeed

I believe you're the one with "a hint of arrogance" because you didn't know the meaning of the song hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm indeed...........and yes lets get back on topic or i'll start another forum about the meanings of songs, which would be pretty boring.

i did think it was funny that the cure for cancer... went onto collective-zine.co.uk and tried to get people to put a record of theirs out having only written a few songs on a computer, had one practice and having a myspace etc

i liked the cure for cancer stuff and i would have loved to see it gigged, but it seems like it was just a bedroom hobby rather than an actual band like it was made out to be

Guest Tam o' Shantie

yeah i got a lot of stick for that, but lots of bands put out records without even playing live so i didn't see what the big deal was. essentially i was pissing people off by not playing by the rigid rules of that insular scene. for the record 2 small labels who were putting out releases by some pretty cool bands offered to put out a vinyl on the strength of the demo mp3s so i guess not everyone was hung up on the mainstream attitudes of CZ.

it was always more of a bedroom thing, as you know I only had one practice with a band and it didn't translate very well to be honest. I definately intended on taking it live, but it was very hard to get the people in the band together on a regular basis, with conflicting work schedules etc. and it began to fizzle out and frustrated me quite a lot. I guess it was this coupled with a major writers block (as usual i was incredibly inconsistent). Getting over the bad shit of the time with my girlfriend and moving into town and hanging out with my 10ew friends again, i just decided it was best to move on from it. I haven't forgotten it though. I just don't want to focus on any projects other than 10ew and the occasional bedroom dance track.

so yes, bedroom band, yes, i wanted to get a recording out prior to gigging,and yes will possibly play live at some point in the distant future. not the lineup that i practiced with before though, and perhaps even solo or very much stripped down.