aberdeen-music

Sushi Bar

sludge

prawn marie is the only fish i can eat raw and tbh i dont think the prawns are purely raw are they?

my old work collegue went to japan for 6 months due to work and hes HATES fish..it cost him like £20 for a block of cheese and he lived on bread and cheese..(he says even there bread has a hint of fish through it....LOL

Guest Laura@TMB
My mate says the one in the Market is brilliant - im not a sushi fan though.

Yes, I've been to it too. It's downstairs near the butcher's shop, and directly next door to a "shop" selling some of the most tacky lights, pictures etc I've ever seen!

I went a couple of days after it had opened. Had to wait a wee while for my order as everything was prepared in front of you, so not a problem, but the food was excellent and very reasonably priced. Nice people too - let me have some free tasters of various bits 'n' pieces to keep me going during my wait. For non fish and rice people, it also sells chicken and vegetable cooked dishes (Japanese and Malaysian, I think?). Must remember to pay it a visit soon :up:

Yes' date=' I've been to it too. It's downstairs near the butcher's shop, and directly next door to a "shop" selling some of the most tacky lights, pictures etc I've ever seen!

I went a couple of days after it had opened. Had to wait a wee while for my order as everything was prepared in front of you, so not a problem, but the food was excellent and very reasonably priced. Nice people too - let me have some free tasters of various bits 'n' pieces to keep me going during my wait. For non fish and rice people, it also sells chicken and vegetable cooked dishes (Japanese and Malaysian, I think?). Must remember to pay it a visit soon :up:[/quote']

good stuff.i had no idea.im a really big "good food" slag.i dont do fast food ofen.give me flavour and charachter any day of the week.ill defo head down.

Guest Hon Jonda

Its downstairs at the market, find the pet shop and go down the stairs. They gave me a free cup of soup and a rice roll-up. The also do Korean and I would recommend the kimichi

Guest Laura@TMB
...i had no idea.im a really big "good food" slag.i dont do fast food ofen.give me flavour and charachter any day of the week.ill defo head down.

Yeah, same here! It's not in an ideal location, so the more support the place gets, the more opportunity they'll have to move to better premises. When chatting to the chef, he said he's also available for doing catering at private functions and so on (just in case anyone's interested).

Oh, and Hon Jonda, your absolutely right - it's Korean they do, not Malaysian as was my guess. I had the sushi selection dish, a bit of everything for about 8 quid I think. Christ, I'm starving now, off to get some grub :love:

I read a piece in the paper a couple of weeks ago that there was a Japanese eatery opening in the market that would sell fresh sushi' date=' as well as other products.

I'm surprised Aberdeen hasn't got one by now. Imagine if someone opened up a little sushi takeaway in Back Wynd or the Academy...it could make an absolute fortune.[/quote']

There's a space too, now that Presents is gone :(

Imagine... it could rival Subway.

Ho.

Guest Laura@TMB
Any idea of what times it is open?

Sorry, not too sure, but think it might open from about 11am. Presumably it closes as per the rest of the market at 5.30 or so. I'll check it out this week and post back details.