aberdeen-music

Anyone work in B&Q or Sainsburys?

Mouse

If you are happy to work in a job that pays just above the minimum wage that is fine. The better way is to try and start a mini-business and make money for yourself. Why be taken advantage of by a global company?

No doubt I will be torn apart for a bit of lateral thinking but I seriously think that you can make more money by using other methods.

Guest DustyDeviada
some guy got crushed to death in B&Q the other day. he was an employee.

Yes, now you mention it I believe I did hear somewhere that they have an opening in the ladder climbing department.

I have a friend who is an instrument designer in the oil industry, makes shitloads of cash. His contract came to an end at one point and he found himself unemployed. He applied for a job at B&Q but they turned him down - the only time he has ever been turned down for a job in his life.

When I see some of the fuckwits that they employ there now I seriously wonder how they are still in business.

If you are happy to work in a job that pays just above the minimum wage that is fine. The better way is to try and start a mini-business and make money for yourself. Why be taken advantage of by a global company?

No doubt I will be torn apart for a bit of lateral thinking but I seriously think that you can make more money by using other methods.

He's right you know. I earn shitloads by turning tricks in public toilets. Middle-aaged businessmen tip real well

love from christy

2 guys i know worked in the sainsburys at garthdee for years' date=' both work at asda now and said they hated it

also another guy in my department said he worked there too and hated it but hes scary[/quote']

it's one of those places, you either like it or you don't. if there's cool people somewhere a job is much more fun, like at sainsburys at the weekend and evenings when us students run the show! warehouse banter!!

it's one of those places' date=' you either like it or you don't. if there's cool people somewhere a job is much more fun, like at sainsburys at the weekend and evenings when us students run the show! warehouse banter!![/quote']

Same at Makro. It's great when there are no customer and you are left with the "cool" managers :up:

i once got into trouble for leaving B&Q at 7:10 on a sunday as there were still public in the store. I told the manager that as he stopped paying me at 7pm I am not his staff anymore and to fuck off...

unsurprisingly I got a verbal warning. was worth it tho. fat prick

Guest DustyDeviada
i once got into trouble for leaving B&Q at 7:10 on a sunday as there were still public in the store. I told the manager that as he stopped paying me at 7pm I am not his staff anymore and to fuck off...

Not a case of sitting back and accepting it but proving you are worth more - by working hard not striking. If they weren't getting paid enough why did they take the job?

Good to see your "hard work" ethos is backed up by plenty of examples of you actually working hard and going the extra mile like the lecturers should have according to you.

Good to see your "hard work" ethos is backed up by plenty of examples of you actually working hard and going the extra mile like the lecturers should have according to you.

I busted my gut 10-7. My area was clear of customers. I had 2 handshake badges for good customer service. I just had a problem with the managers.

Hard work doesn't have to mean working after hours. ;)