aberdeen-music

OFFICIAL FUDGE MUSIC AWARDS thread - the party of the year!

The Ghost Of Fudge

OFFICIAL FUDGE MUSIC AWARDS 2006 thread - the party of the year!

well, as soon as i'm changed, i'm off back down to the lemon tree for the final time tonight. doors open in 2 and a half hours, and hopefully we'll see a few of you there.

hopefully it's a good night (how can it fail to be?!), but in the meantime, i'm starting the official FUDGE AWARDS thread... :)

now! i have shit to do: but see you soon xxx

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you call my pint a poof..

AAARGH YE FUCKER BLOOARGH.... I had a great time ,YOU are my best mate,your bird is REALLY tasty,brrrr I wish the last bus would arrive,FUCK IT....Taxi,stumble,..fidget the key in the door and call it illegitamite for 5 minutes,kettle on....Rizla action....ahhhh ...I FEEL "RELAXED" again ....the Fudge awards in retrospect were BRAW nae pants,but thank fuck for BOMBSKARE at Drummonds on the way hame.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i thgoutht it was ver fun.

howeve,r i am genuinely a bit pissed off at the £8 charge,,,was this really necessary?

all 'local'bands playing...at lemon tree could easily have been 5 or 6 bucks at the least, however this price was only for tax dodging students.

only cought 2 mins of edgar prais thanks to bouncer demanding ID. sorry dudes. I heard what i thought was a jam cover...then a couple of minutes of sort of emo sounding disco rock. i realise this descripion reflects very badly on you guys but that is a sum up of my opinion,. I will be very curious to see you guys again, and check out a full range of songs so that i can form a more valid opinion.

fickle public

not the most impressed i have been with theboys, but as usual, pretty fucking impressive, and the tightness and unpredictable rythmns of the lads never ceases to catch me out and entertain. these guys are incredibly tight in performance and their dynamics really stand out over any other band in scotland that i have seen. i hear that they have recieved a very favourable feature in rock sound, let's hope that the masses will catch onto these dudes because while not entirely original, they have a very distinct and bold take on the 'traditional dischord/late 80s emo' sound which to me is fresh and even in a market saturated by bands trying to capitalise on the current trend of emo throwbacks.

my minds weapon: i haven't seen these guys since playing with them at the queers circa march 2004, and here is my honest opinion. the pros of this band to me can be included in the following description. You have rehearsed your own songs very well, and have put a lot of thought into your stage moves, and the sight of 5 guys on stage each moving quite energetically certainly captures the viewer's attention. however, musically i remain entirely unimpressed. I really cannot tell the difference between this and the new metal craze of a few years ago. feel free to call me an ignorant fuckwit for this opinion. before i meet a backlash on this one think about this review. I stuck around to check out MMW because i have heard lots of great things about the band improving one hundred fold and lets face it you have achieved some pretty impressive support slots in the last year. However, i'm sorry - the only thing that i looked positively upon were some, and not even all, of your stage moves basically. i realise that a negative opinion on MMW is regarded as being quite 'controversial' or 'attention seeking' or whatever else but it just ain't the truth. members of the band and fans - please feel free to direct questions on my perception of the band's performance and i will go into more detail. i have nothing to hide and am entirely entitled to my opinion on your band.

after the fudge awards i went home again to neck some more rum and get cunted, then i waited in a queue for exodus for at least one hour and 20 minutes, while a 'hard nut' tried to start shit with me, for calling him out on skipping the queue. hey asshole, just because you think you're hard, doesn't mean that you can jump in front of me and my frozen testicles. what am i going to do about it? nothing. if you come near me, the physically large and presumably strong bouncer 2 feet away from me will take care of you without any involvement from me. once in the establishment, i had a pretty good time dancing with some nice girls. however, this activity was limited to a mere 55 minutes.

All in all, my night was highly entertaining. I look forward to partaking in next year's event!

' date=' then i waited in a queue for exodus for at least one hour and 20 minutes, [/quote']

1. It is beyond me why there always is such a rediculous wait outside exodus as it is generally shit.

2. Why would anyone wait an hour and twenty minutes to get into a shit club.

Surelly people will realise if it is busy enough to have an hour wait to get in then you are never going to get near the bar.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

1. Because it reaches capacity after a certain point in the night, as it is generally the most kick ass club in the whole city

2. Irrelevant. I was already smashed, therefore a visit to the bar was unnecessary.

if you come near me' date=' the physically large and presumably strong bouncer 2 feet away from me will take care of you without any involvement from me. once in the establishment, i had a pretty good time dancing with some nice girls. however, this activity was limited to a mere 55 minutes. [/quote']

Nah, the bouncers are more concerned with chucking innocent punters out for giving people "looks". Next time I'm in I'm gonna tell a bouncer that everyone on the dancefloor for the Arctic Monkey's wearing a polo shirt is giving me "looks".

PART ONE

The Posthumous Backslap Award For Most Missed:

10 Easy Wishes

The Cuts

Dr. Drakes

The Magdalane Cox

Turning 13

winner: dr. drakes

best venue:

cafe drummond

the lemon tree

the moorings

moshulu

the tunnels

winner: the moorings

best clubnight:

air guitar

bond*age

flying circus

saturday night's in exodus

i'm sorry, i don't get out much

winner: bond*age

best punk act:

broken sunshine

five finger discount

king liar and the brutes

onion terror

stayover

winner: onion terror

best indie act:

dedalus

eddison

the little kicks

standed

stroszek

winner: the little kicks

best rock act:

deadloss superstar

eric euan

radio lucifer

samurai fury

within these walls

winner: deadloss superstar

most metal of metal:

black atom

element 106

hot mangu

my minds weapon

open air

winner: black atom

best extreme act:

filthpact

karloff

project: ven hell

sidca

we shall be blessed

winner: karloff

[bREAK! FICKLE PUBLIC ONSTAGE!]

PART TWO OF THE AWARDS GOES LIKE THIS!

King and Queen of Fudge

open category

winners: Milner Stayover & Rachie Deadloss

Best Of The Rest Award

copy ha_ho

le reno amps

genevieve

the kitchen cynics

staccato set

winner: genevieve

best fudge performance

black atom

FeSTR

goldblade

laeto

onion terror

best international act

alamos

deadenstereo

fickle public

goldblade

macrocosmica

winner: fickle public

most punchable scenester:

open category

winner: Jamesy, My Minds Weapon

best live act 2006:

black atom

eric euan

hot mangu

my minds weapon

radio lucifer

best newcomer 2006:

copy ha_ho

identity

stroszek

the welles

we shall be blessed

winner: the welles

worst band 2006:

open category

winner: stayover

best band 2006:

open category

winner: stayover

END!

so now you know :D

We stood in the queue for Exodus for at least half an hour to be told at the door we had to go back to the end of the queue due to someone saying we'd barged toward the front. Bollocks. We were bloody frozen. The bouncer refused to give us a reason for not letting us in. "I don't have to, I just have the right to refuse you entry". I was so pissed off - not even in a state or casuing any trouble. So we headed to a bit of a quiet Moshulu for some backroom banter. Lovely way to finish the evening.

As for the awards, I had a really good time. As always, it's grand to see folk in their finery. The speeches weren't up to much though, booo! Quite enjoyed The Edgar Prais. Certainly a bit of a change for Aberdeen and a nice way to start the night off. Fickle Public were fantastic as usual. Wonderful tunes and a total joy to watch. Thumbs up all around. Unfortunately, I only saw the first few Weapon songs. I haven't seen them for quite a while but I was needed elsewhere.

Well done Fudge :)

I saw several people targeted in the queue and told 'you've had too much mate'

Yeah, I went there one night after having one pint with Kai at Slains and they wouldn't let us in cos we were 'far too drunk'. But anyway, back to the awards. Sorry I missed them... went home you see.