aberdeen-music

Buy your arctic monkeys album from 1 up

Marc

I ordered it for 8.25 from CD Wow. I don't need a badge or sticker.

that's a frankly ridiculous price which even undercuts domino's preorder discount. bloomin internet retailers. one day it's all going to cave in on us, it can only fuck the economy in the long run this rampant discounting.

good spy though. :)

i'll be buying mine from one up though.

Guest bluesxman
that's a frankly ridiculous price which even undercuts domino's preorder discount. bloomin internet retailers. one day it's all going to cave in on us' date=' it can only fuck the economy in the long run this rampant discounting.

good spy though. :)

i'll be buying mine from one up though.[/quote']

Well to be fair it was their usual 8.75 for a new CD but I had a 50p discount voucher to use. God bless the net :up:

Well to be fair it was their usual 8.75 for a new CD but I had a 50p discount voucher to use. God bless the net :up:

He he' date=' it get's worse - I've got a CD-wow discount link that lets you buy CDs for 7.75 (including P&P)!!!

This may, or may not work, for you -

[url']http://www.cd-wow.com/promotion.php?promo_refcode=12774_1&id=96775-93030-90536-65047-29736

couple of things tho - you can't use any discount vouchers with it, and you'll also have to order each CD individually then close and reopen your browser in order to get a discount for the next CD.

I've added that address to my favourites and never had a problem with it.

Oh soon please....:)

:up: :up:

Surely as all the hype surrounding this band keeps seeming to suggest that they are the pioneers of internet marketing, why couldn't they take things one step further and just release the album for free download....surely the tours/royalties that would follow would bring in enough cash. I bet they'll turn into the second Metallica once they find out people have been downloading the album...oh the irony...

• 4 years later...
Guest Gladstone

I listened to the first Arctic Monkeys album this morning on the way to work for the first time in a while. I really think it's fucking great.

In fact, I've just decided today that it is my favourite all time album.

I don't think many people on this site will agree with my music taste, but I fucking love this album. It's just by-passed Definitely Maybe, which was my previous all time favourite album.

I was going to start a "favourite album of the past 20 years thread" which I might still do, just for a laugh.

Does anyone else agree that the Arctic Monkeys first album is amazing?

Guest Gladstone

I don't own any Weezer albums. I'm going to though - is Pinkerton best? That's just a band that passed me by somehow.

And we're talking last 20 years so Band on the Run doesn't count.

Guest Gladstone
It is a very good album. Second one was good as well. Alex Turner, despite being a spotty little toerag, is an unbelievable lyricist.

Second one just wasn't as good as the first in my opinion. Good, but not fucking great. The lyrics in the first two albums are absolutely mental though - best lyricist that I can think of to be honest.

Third album, although still not bad, just isn't as good as the first two. I remember Zane Lowe pissing me off with his assessment of Arctic Monkeys third album. Saying something along the lines of "it was a very brave move to go in this different direction, and not just follow on from the first two, and this third album is brilliant in its own right."

That's just being too scared to say anything the Arctic Monkeys do is average. The third album just sounded half-hearted compared to the first two and sounded to me as if Alex Turner had ran out of ideas with his social commentary type lyrics and started writing about sweeties and stuff - weird. Saying that, I've just realised that I haven't actually bought and listened to the third album all the way through, so what the fuck would I know?? The singles is what I'm judging that album on, which is bad of me. Sorry Mr Turner.

I don't own any Weezer albums. I'm going to though - is Pinkerton best? That's just a band that passed me by somehow.

And we're talking last 20 years so Band on the Run doesn't count.

Pinkerton is immense. Probably their best but Blue Album is also sensational. Both these albums would be in my top 10 albums. The rest of their albums wouldn't even make my top 400 mind you. You must get these two albums though.

I used to think Pinkerton was shit because of that woolly drum sound, and scratchy guitar and I originally preferred Blue. Then I rinsed the fuck out of it in my early teens, thinking it was the greatest album ever. Now I can't really listen to it anymore and prefer Blue. Though I don't really care for Weezer anymore. They are a bit of a joke these days, which doesn't really help.