aberdeen-music

Buy your arctic monkeys album from 1 up

Marc

My brother bought me this for my birthday so he could uplioad it to his iPod. Should I not like it on principal? I like that one about betting young ladies look good on the dancefloor and there's another cracker but I tend to get a bit bored of this type of thing.

Maybe they should put a donk on it?

Blue is the bestest Weezer album by a country mile. Pinkerton is alright, but I'd have to say that it is way over rated.

I agree.

My Name Is Jonas and In The Garage are two of my all time fave songs as well.

The Blue Album is probably the most listenable album ever, every song has pop appeal in abundance and for this reason it's my favourite ever album behind In Utero.

However the 1st and 2nd Arctic Monkeys albums are probably my two main musical influences. My band Marionettes are often compared to the Arctic Monkeys (in my opinion a lazy comparison) but it's because me and my band mates grew up listening to their records (which are amazing).

But yeah, Weezer are doing a pinkerton tour this year. AMAZING.

My band Marionettes are often compared to the Arctic Monkeys (in my opinion a lazy comparison)

It's a pretty good comparison for a lot of your songs. When I saw you I didn't see that comparison at all until the latter half of your set and then it became an obvious comparison to make. Perhaps as you add new songs to your repertoire it will become null and void :)

I still really like the first Arctic Monkeys album, was always disappointed by the 2nd (bar a few songs) and the 3rd was just so different i'm still not sure what to make of it.

As for Weezer I have been adding to my collection based on recommendations on here - I thought 'Maladroit' was better than 'Pinkerton'. I also didn't find 'Make Believe' to be a disappointing album at all.

Cool story bro, etc...

"Whatever people say......" is by far the Arctics weakest effort for me it doesn't come close to their 2nd and 3rd efforts which i think are both excellent and I struggle to pick a favourite of the two.

I'd probably pick Blue just ahead of Pinkerton although I would have said differently at other times. They're both miles better than anything that followed though. Make Believe is possibly the worst album I've ever bought.

The Blue album is fucken abominable after Say it Aint So. The last few numbers are pretty much unlistenable for me - 'In The Garage' and 'Holiday' and 'Only in Dreams' etc. Pish. The first half is superb though. Pinkerton is pretty damn tasty.

I like Arctic Monkeys; I like the boy's drumming and the lyrics in particular. I can't imagine them having a fourth album in them, though; I figured they would have split by now.

Guest Gladstone
The Blue album is fucken abominable after Say it Aint So. The last few numbers are pretty much unlistenable for me - 'In The Garage' and 'Holiday' and 'Only in Dreams' etc. Pish. The first half is superb though. Pinkerton is pretty damn tasty.

I like Arctic Monkeys; I like the boy's drumming and the lyrics in particular. I can't imagine them having a fourth album in them, though; I figured they would have split by now.

I predicted after the first Arctic Monkeys that they would release a second album which would be shit and they'd disappear into obscurity. The second album was far better than I expected, but I suspect the third album is much what I expected from the second album and can see them disappearing and Alex Turner trying to replicate their success with the Last of the Shadow Puppets and failing.

I predicted after the first Arctic Monkeys that they would release a second album which would be shit and they'd disappear into obscurity. The second album was far better than I expected, but I suspect the third album is much what I expected from the second album and can see them disappearing and Alex Turner trying to replicate their success with the Last of the Shadow Puppets and failing.

No no no! The third album is their best effort so far. I'd highly recommend getting it and giving it a bit of time.

Great band.

No no no! The third album is their best effort so far. I'd highly recommend getting it and giving it a bit of time.

Great band.

Even I, who back in the day would have appeared every bit the anti-Marc (and I guess I still do) would say Humbug is a pretty decent record, particularly Cornerstone which is exquisite.

• Upvote 1