aberdeen-music

Places to record.

empty-words

one option would be to track it in a studio then take the audio elsewhere for mixing...if you are going to release it you want the mixes to be really good and you also need to be able to change things that you spot on listening to it outside the studio.

i could do you a good deal for this...pm me for details.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one option would be to track it in a studio then take the audio elsewhere for mixing...if you are going to release it you want the mixes to be really good and you also need to be able to change things that you spot on listening to it outside the studio.

i could do you a good deal for this...pm me for details.

Of course if you get the right sound when you're tracking...mixing should be a case of throwing up a few faders. This is personally my approach to recording....

If you're willing to travel, its 20 per hour (or 180 for a ten hour day) at Chem19, just outside Glasgow. It wouldn't cost much to get a megabus down, I think there's some sort of deal with trains too, where its 40 for up to 4 people, return to glasgow or edinburgh.

If you take it as per hour rate, Chem19 is cheaper than Toms, and better than anywhere in Aberdeen.

pro sound quality weekend recording at aberdeen collage. the collage have good pro stuff and WILL give you a good 2/3 songs' date=' recorded mixed and mastered for only 300. i have recorded there and study the course, it really is fantastic.

you cant get much better than that.[/quote']

You can get much better, 300 will buy you 12 hours at the Mill Studio....which has proper facilities and not a Behringer product in sight....

Not in my experience' date=' but oh well.[/quote']

Maybe just the asshole driver we had one time....luckily I didn't have a guitar on me but the guy spoke none stop over the mic about how musical instruments were not allowed and how we were all gonna be fucked when the police stopped the bus cos he assumed everyone had sneaked aboard drink. Worst 12 hours of my life....another driver hopped on at Manchester and didn't so much as breath a word the rest of the way to London....the way it should be!

Guest scott cs.

that looks awesome, what studio is that?

i like how the acoustic damping is integrated into the decor.

is that a 48 track pro tools rig?

is the fruit real?

the commanders chair looks reet comfy :D

Presuming I win the lottery this saturday (and if My Name Is Earl is right about thsi Karma shit, I'm due a stonker of a winner.... ;) )

What...or should that be who for?

It would be for everyone! It should be for recording bands. :)

Could you afford to record there

Prices would start at 2.50 per hour for the unemployed' date=' 5 per hour for the employed, and 150 per hour for anyone who asks questions.

..and if you could would you want to record in your home town?

Yes, who wouldn't? Wouldn't it be better to go home to your own family, your own familiar surroundings and feel inspired by the bullshit you see at home rather than someone else's bull....

Of course...as I don't actually play the lottery...I'm counting on some other generous sod from this site ;) Just so I could go look....

that looks awesome' date=' what studio is that?

i like how the acoustic damping is integrated into the decor.

is that a 48 track pro tools rig?

is the fruit real?

the commanders chair looks reet comfy :D[/quote']

Bomb Shelter USA, opened by the drummer of Stone Temple Pilots. His studio isn't a money making venture, just a means of enabling bands to record great records. I'd imagine it costs the earth though! The studio design is of very high class....I think I'd live there if I owned it.

You can get much better' date=' 300 will buy you 12 hours at the Mill Studio....which has proper facilities and not a Behringer product in sight....[/quote']

well, neil (who owns the mill and plays guitar in Pallas) is one of my lecturers. the mill is good, i would recomend it to anyone and neils a fantastic engineer BUT the collage has a weekend full recording (24 hours) plus mixing and mastering. 2/3 full mixed and mastered tracks for 300 IS good.

so 24 hours at the mill would cost you 600, most people cant afford that for a local band recording.

and Andy is also a fantastic engineer and WILL produce a good pro sounding recording.

well' date=' neil (who owns the mill and plays guitar in Pallas) is one of my lecturers.[/quote']

As far as i was aware niall had quit aberdeen college....

And you may think its cheap....but £300 for the results you get at the college isnt that great...

Is it the Andy from the Mill aswell?

Andy wardle? If thats who you mean then no he doesnt work at the mill....

As far as i was aware niall had quit aberdeen college....

And you may think its cheap....but 300 for the results you get at the college isnt that great...

Andy wardle? If thats who you mean then no he doesnt work at the mill....

Neil never quit the collage, he has finished the unit with he was to teach and will be back after he finishes touring with pallas.

i know first hand that the collage gives fantastic results, i have done it myself and am getting S.o.M in the collage in may(ish). and that IS cheap for a weekend of recording and mastering.

Andy Wardle works at the collage and is a sound engineer. he WILL make a good job of anything you throw at him.

Well i am a graduate from the course you are doing....have recorded in that studio....have recorded in others....got way better results for much less money....im not being a dick, its just the truth....that studio is set up to show students what a real studio is like...its not got very good hardware....and generally sounds crap.

Well i am a graduate from the course you are doing....have recorded in that studio....have recorded in others....got way better results for much less money....im not being a dick' date=' its just the truth....that studio is set up to show students what a real studio is like...its not got very good hardware....and generally sounds crap.[/quote']

hardware can only do as good as the music.

that studio is more than enough for any local band and will give a decent demo/ep

(previding your band is not shoit)