aberdeen-music

Bad news, hangover cures don't work

framheim

Guest pop-notmyface

water is the way forward. (ideally, you'd want to drink as much water as you've drunk alcohol. if you're a heavy drinker and don't want a hangover, you'd better start downing them water jugs).

the priory sucks btw.

Guest pop-notmyface
hahahaha' date=' why were you there then?[/quote']

i don't even know.... but i'd like to think it's not my fault that all my friends are geezers :p

(it's real expensive too, little over 10 quids for four regular drinks)

i don't even know.... but i'd like to think it's not my fault that all my friends are geezers :p

(it's real expensive too' date=' little over 10 quids for four regular drinks)[/quote']

I'll assume you saw me then, not just impressive guesswork. I wouldn't know about the prices, my friend had won a 50 voucher at Priory the other week. Free drinks ALL around. Gone in half a second though, thanks to his sister having half a million friends with her.

Yak or feel like ass all day... in turn putting a whole day to waste? Fudge that.

Besides' date=' I only drank when I had work the next day. Fuck wasting my day off.:gringo:[/quote']

I'll give you that one..

There may not be a 'cure' exactly, but you can still lessen the symptoms of a hangover quite well .Basically you have to undo what you have done to yourself.

A hangover is

1. Dehydration - alcohol is a diuretic, you always lose around 4 times as much fluid as you are taking in. This causes the brain to shrink which pulls the surrounding membranes causing the headache. Also the reason for furry mouth, sore throat and dry eyes.

2. Vitamin Deficiency - the diuretic effect means your body flushes out vital salts and minerals, eg sodium and potassium. Alcohol also breaks down the liver's stores of glycogen, turning it to glucose which is also flushed out. This is why you feel so tired and lacking in energy.

3. Withdrawal - alcohol is a narcotic, which depresses the central nervous system. When you suddenly stop taking it, the body over-reacts and the nervous system becomes over-sensitive to light, loud noise etc.

The treatment is

1. Dehydration - drink as much water as possible, preferably along with the alcohol. Every couple of pints have a pint of water too. Drink a pint or two before sleeping, preferably an electrolyte replacing sports drink (make your own - 1 pint of water with 8 tsp salt and 4tsp sugar)

2. Vitamin deficiency - eat plenty if you can, particularly fruit and veg, eg bananas which are mineral rich, as are tomatoes. Sweet food or drinks can increase the blood sugar level to replenish energy.

3. Withdrawal - this is why hair of the dog works, it reduces sensitivity by allowing the body to wean itself off the narcotic more gradually. Healthier option is to reduce alcohol intake toward the end of the night.

Combine 2 and 3 by having a good properly made Bloody Mary with a stick of celery.

Increased oxygen can also help speed up the repair process. Battle of Britain pilots the morning after a good night in the Officer's Mess would go down to their planes and strap on the oxygen mask for a few minutes. If you don't have a spitfire, go for a brisk walk.

Guest pop-notmyface
I'll assume you saw me then' date=' not just impressive guesswork. I wouldn't know about the prices, my friend had won a 50 voucher at Priory the other week. Free drinks ALL around. Gone in half a second though, thanks to his sister having half a million friends with her.[/quote']

uh, what do you look like again?

why dont you try RU-21 pills you scrotes

i will testify that they wiork

Ok I tried these the other night, not sure if they worked because I still felt shit the other day BUT I had alot to drink prob more then I have had in a long time so thinking it would of been worse if not for the pills.

water is the way forward. (ideally' date=' you'd want to drink as much water as you've drunk alcohol. if you're a heavy drinker and don't want a hangover, you'd better start downing them water jugs).

the priory sucks btw.[/quote']

although, if you drink too much, you can actually drown doing so..

I drank 2 litres of water once within half an hour and I was getting so cold and shivery and my head was going fuzzy and I was told I could have died doing so because you can actually drown :|