aberdeen-music

Stayover + MMW + Baby Karma + others

Cloud

:cheers::band::rockon:

haha' date=' I didn't mean it quite as directly as I said it Chris! I was speaking in very general terms; i.e. all bands are very loud, very metal, tuned down guitars, not particularly melodic etc etc.

Also the 'short' set comment wasn't meant in a bad way. We (mmw) always play really short sets, as that way people that don't like us will be glad we fucked off, and people that do like us will want to hear more! :D

ANOTHER one?

To be honest that probably wasn't the best decision of the night....[/quote']

Aw hey Dan, its cool, i wasn't being funny or anything!!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Hog. You were hovering beside me with your money bin and i was going to put money in it but you left and then i thought it's cool i'll do it when i come back to see weapon(normally i'd stay but i had a heap of uni stuff to do) but i missed them in the end so pfft :(

Nice to see so many people there for a good cause. Think doing this again next year would be a good idea.

Sad to see that the thread started off nicely and just went to shit.

Not a problem, turning up was the main thing.

Wow...whatever small amount of respect Ascension had earned (none?), they've just lost it (so they're in the red when it comes to respect). A little less ego would be nice.

I was playing up in Drummonds so I couldn't come down, but I'm glad it went well on the night and some decent money was raised for a worthy cause.

I've still to see MMW aswell. I don't think the criticism of Weeping Jesus is quite fair, but everyone's got their own views. Anyways, I'm there if it's on again next year!

Guest Fright Night

this gig was good. i like WJ,E106,SOM and MMW.

Stayover are over rated to fuck. i really didnt like there set. if there heads get any bigger they will explode.

that type of band is all we need, another american pop shit for the 12yos to cream over

:down:

Missed BK.

Damm, and I thought we could please everyone! I guess it's lucky we were raising money for SCOPE or we'd just have been wasting our time.

Anyway, I enjoyed seeing all the bands and from a personal point of view it was great to get back onstage.

I could tell you how ace Weapon were, but deep in your hearts you already know.

I was going to go to this gig but I was playing the other charity gig during the day and couldnt muster up the strength to go back into town once i had flaked out on the sofa at home. Seems like it was a good gig though, glad to see people are realising that Statue of Misery are good guys with potential as well.

Ive also realised its been a long time since ive seen MMW so im gonna need to check them out again as theyve improved dramatically everytime ive seen them.

Edit : what Jonny was saying about energy' date=' Statue of Misery looked like they were having a ball on stage, you expect it from other bands, but to see them really enjoying what they were doing was cool :D[/quote']

hell , we were.

even though we played like pissed animal's (good reason for that, we were)

8)

New festival coming up...

Laughing-stock

Headlined by Ascension

...with support from The Alan Cynic Bath Time dance troupe, a rare solo performance by Biz , The Opinions of Maxwell and tbc...

:D

On the point about sayaing things to peoples faces which everyone keeps mentioning....

It just so happens that at this very gig I told most of the members of Statue Of Misery that their band was gash. But they're nice guys and just said "oh well".

Thats what people should be like. Statue of Misery are proper humans.

its true, we are humans.

oh yeah, and he did say that too us. " you guys are cool, i just think your band is shit.... i dont like your music".

i shook his hand and said thanks. thats what im talking about.

one small step for misery, one giant leap for band kind. :up:

Guest Fright Night
Damm' date=' and I thought we [i']could please everyone! I guess it's lucky we were raising money for SCOPE or we'd just have been wasting our time.

Anyway, I enjoyed seeing all the bands and from a personal point of view it was great to get back onstage.

I could tell you how ace Weapon were, but deep in your hearts you already know.

i dident comment on how well you played, just you all looked like a bunch of fannies on stage, sorry but anyone will agree. and what was with the whole "we couldent come up with anything to say so we will just say HAY HAY HAY HAY and you repet" shit? the only people who took part were hog and (im asuming) your girlfriends.

i felt embarassed for you guys, i really did.:down:

sorry to be a dick but its true. you are prob nice guys, just way to big headed on stage.

no i dident buy a poster (i might have if it was cool but it was just you fannies looking all sad and depressed, prob to look cool to you 12yo fan base)

i dident comment on how well you played' date=' just you all looked like a bunch of fannies on stage, sorry but anyone will agree. and what was with the whole "we couldent come up with anything to say so we will just say HAY HAY HAY HAY and you repet" shit? the only people who took part were hog and (im asuming) your girlfriends.

i felt embarassed for you guys, i really did.:down:

sorry to be a dick but its true. you are prob nice guys, just way to big headed on stage.

no i dident buy a poster (i might have if it was cool but it was just you fannies looking all sad and depressed, prob to look cool to you 12yo fan base)[/quote']

For more info and mp3's of Stayover please check www.myspace.com/stayover :)

Good to hear the gig went well. I would've came but work and band practice came. Most of the bands not really my thing but I am glad that it pulled in a lot ot people (judging by the pictures) considering it was for charity.

How much was raised just out of interest?