aberdeen-music

Question - Violence

Guest MerryChristmas

Guest MerryChristmas

If a woman is laying into you with punches and kicks(when you havent layed a finger on her) and during one of these punches you grab her wrist and twist it until it breaks(accidentally) do you think this is acceptable?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no mate no voilence towards the oposite sex is tolerable..If it happens walk away dont go grabbing pushing laying ontop of (in a non sexual way of course) ...This is what i was brought up to believe......

Can i just say that the wrist bone is not paper thin and a slight grab would not break it a firm grip and twist would..

Is this a friend of a friend this happened to mate... or was it you and the post is threw guilt?

accident or no accident dont retaliate just walk away as at the end of the day it dont matter if she battered u sensless broke both your legs and your arms people will only remember that u broke hers not that she crippled you!..

Guest tv tanned

Sorry, but twist it until it accidentally breaks?

Unless she has brittle bones, then the person twisting her wrist has obviously been applying a fair amount of force.

I counld understand if you twisted it untle it got sprained by accident, but til it breaks?!?!

Guest tv tanned
Well speaking as a girl' date=' I think the kiniving/lying/emotional trauma you blokes inflict hurts far worse than anything you could do physically. I'd rather take the slap - it heals quicker. But thats just my opinion - I know everyone will disagree with me![/quote']

1873176449.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

i see no problem with what happened there

yes you shouldnt touch a girl and all that, and i would never try to hurt someone or start any fights, but if you get attacked you deserve a right to defend yourself, whatever sex, generally ending up breaking someones wrist is extreme whatever the circumstances, and it would be preferrable to find some other way out, but that goes for either sex. the act of defending yourself is perfectly fine to me, it seems bloody stupid to just take a beating and not try to defend yourself

equal rights and all that, handy when some female wants a job, but its still completely unacceptable to defend youself if attacked by a female? bullshit

its bloody stupid that there is a notion that a female can attack someone physically and get off with it, purely because they are female

David

Well speaking as a girl' date=' I think the kiniving/lying/emotional trauma you blokes inflict hurts far worse than anything you could do physically. [/quote']

I could list at least 20 male mates who would say the same of women. Me included. But that's the battle of the sexes innit? Can't live with them, can't cut their heads off and bury them in the back garden.

It's easy for a bloke to pacify a girl without breaking any bones...

I think .. Breaking the wrist wouldnt be an Easy Task so therefore not an "Accident".

I think its wrong to hit a female even though sometimes its hard to take it.. cos some girls can really push your buttons...

Also when its said the "we" put females through emotional crap.. Is bollocks cos believe or not Domestic Abuse etc etc is common in females giving males domestic abuse in some form or other.

Personally I would have walked away..

I'm all for equality, so if a girl starts laying into you, I say give her a good thump in the face like you would to a bloke. Or at the very least give her an elbow to the stomach. Obviously this is assuming the girl is actually quite hard.

Although the time my sister tried to hit me at Leeds festival, I just gave her an almighty shove and that soon put a stop to it. But then I wouldn't have had to resort to grabbing her wrist and twisting it anyway cos she's not exactly Mike Tyson.

Guest MerryChristmas

No this hasnt actually hapenned i was just wondering because i saw a guy punch a girl last night after she had been lawing into him for a good few minutes. She had been punching him, kicking him, walloping him with her handbag and the guy was bleeding quite badly from the head then when she went to punch for about the 12th time he just smacked her right in the mouth and she started to cry saying "i cant believe you fucking did that"

I think its perfectly acceptable in that situation unless you can restrain them and call the police.

It really isn't that difficult to walk away from it, its his own fault for standing and taking it. I remember a few years ago i was waiting to get onto a plane with my dad and we seen a guy headbut his girlfriend. My old man basically called my uncle (both boxing champions) who was picking us up on the other side to wait for the guy to come out and fill him in. We got to the airport after some crazy staring on the plane and the guy got lifted on the other side. He got fucking lucky.

'Cause that would have solved everything...

I didn't say it would solve anything i'm mearly pointing out a situation that highlighted the strong feelings some people have towards men hitting women. I'm sure everyone would of regretted it in hindsight.

Violence breeds violence, it doesnt make sense and it rarely achieves much but thats the way it happens.

Guest MerryChristmas
It really isn't that difficult to walk away from it' date=' its his own fault for standing and taking it. I remember a few years ago i was waiting to get onto a plane with my dad and we seen a guy headbut his girlfriend. My old man basically called my uncle (both boxing champions) who was picking us up on the other side to wait for the guy to come out and fill him in. We got to the airport after some crazy staring on the plane and the guy got lifted on the other side. He got fucking lucky.[/quote']

Taxi Rank....

I think its perfectly acceptable in that situation unless you can restrain them and call the police.

How can it be acceptable to punch a woman square in the face simply because she's punching you? It's not exactly hard to block punches from someone that's likely to be physically weaker. One punch could do a lot of damage, even if you only intend to stop her.

The only time a punch would be justifiable would be in a matter of life or death, and the situation isn't that.

How can it be acceptable to punch a woman square in the face simply because she's punching you? It's not exactly hard to block punches from someone that's likely to be physically weaker. One punch could do a lot of damage' date=' even if you only intend to stop her.

The only time a punch would be justifiable would be in a matter of life or death, and the situation isn't that.[/quote']

it was probably some stroppy chubby who was bigger than the guy. Isn't it a natural reaction in that sitation to lash out. If you can't take it don't dish it. But i agree, he should have walked away if it had been ongoing for a few punches.. run if you have to. I totally disagree with any form of physical violence towards women.

How can it be acceptable to punch a woman square in the face simply because she's punching you?

But that just raises the question 'why is it ok for a woman to hit a man?'

The answer is...it isnt

If a woman was truly relentless and beating the crap out of me....i would restrain her, maybe even hit her if i really had to....

Guest MerryChristmas
How can it be acceptable to punch a woman square in the face simply because she's punching you? It's not exactly hard to block punches from someone that's likely to be physically weaker. One punch could do a lot of damage' date=' even if you only intend to stop her.

The only time a punch would be justifiable would be in a matter of life or death, and the situation isn't that.[/quote']

If a woman is punching, kicking you, you have a right to punch her in the mouth in self defence

Equality and all that

The guy was smaller than the girl so its even more excusable

My opinion: I wouldn't hit a girl, not even in this situation. Most girls are stronger than me anyway.

BUT

when she went to punch for about the 12th time he just smacked her right in the mouth and she started to cry saying "i cant believe you fucking did that"

This is hilarious. She was hitting him. What did she expect? I bet the guy didn't even do anything.

It really isn't that difficult to walk away from it' date=' its his own fault for standing and taking it. [/quote']

What the hell? Tenner bets if a guy was beating up a girl, you would never say it was her own fault for standing and taking it.

I'm all for equality' date=' so if a girl starts laying into you, I say give her a good thump in the face like you would to a bloke. Or at the very least give her an elbow to the stomach. Obviously this is assuming the girl is actually quite hard.

Although the time my sister tried to hit me at Leeds festival, I just gave her an almighty shove and that soon put a stop to it. But then I wouldn't have had to resort to grabbing her wrist and twisting it anyway cos she's not exactly Mike Tyson.[/quote']

If your not kidding your a moron