aberdeen-music

New Darkness Song!

medichi

New Darkness Track...

.. appears to have something resembling a Sitar solo.

I'm underwhelmed to say the least.

Before you all start slating them "yes its crap because the darkness are shite" etc. I really liked Permission to Land, although they were WAY over-exposed around its release, it was a good solid album imo. I'm just quite dissapointed with this track.

If anyone's intrested and not heard it (no time for TV or radio so i apologise if i missed the fuss already) its on Myspace

The Darkness are brilliant. The track sounds pretty good

I am well known for hating the Darkness, but find myself thinking this track could be quite good if he's stop trying to get the falsetto thing in everywhere and sang normally, he doesnt seem to realise that the reason Freddie Mercury was so good was he knew when to just sing normally.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest Page 99

...Well I didn't think it could get any worse, but it has. I mean it's not even catchy disposable nonsense anymore, its just, well... crap.

Still think they should devise a new form of torture using the singers voice... it's just painful.

If it was within my power to go back in time and prevent the Darkness from producing any music whatsoever' date=' I would. Sadly, it doesn't seem to be in my moderator's remit...[/quote']

Damn shame...

Are we be expected to take them seriously as artists now? Surely not! Utter drivel... All of it and the rest and about as enjoyable and interesting as a 'Vetriano'

Jim

• 1 month later...
Guest DustyDeviada

How can you have a one-way ticket to hell and back?

Surely if you are going there AND back, it's a return ticket.

Otherwise it would be a one way ticket to hell. But not back.

How can you have a one-way ticket to hell and back?

Surely if you are going there AND back' date=' it's a return ticket.

Otherwise it would be a one way ticket to hell. But not back.[/quote']

I think that is probably the point... The darkness have never been the most serious of bands.

If I was to over analyse the situation, I reckon they were given a one way ticket to hell.... but then they managed to come back anyway because they are that damn rock!

I think the song is alright, can't wait for the album though. :rockon:

Too many people take the Darkness way too seriously. (that's not to say they don't have seriously rocking songs). They have songs about genital warts for crying out loud...

awesome song' date=' the sitar solo is genius!

[/quote']

That aint no sitar!

Probably a guitar through an effect(perhaps the danelectro Swami pedal).

sitarswami.jpg

Or it's maybe an electric sitar(a guitar with a special bridge).

70s_Coral_Electric_Sitar.jpg