aberdeen-music

New Darkness Song!

medichi

www.thedarknessrock.com - says its a sitar there, they recorded it on the album with the same one a guy from the rolling stones used i think?

its too early to think....

How can you have a one-way ticket to hell and back?

Surely if you are going there AND back' date=' it's a return ticket.

Otherwise it would be a one way ticket to hell. But not back.[/quote']

Day Rover, perhaps?

www.thedarknessrock.com - says its a sitar there' date=' they recorded it on the album with the same one a guy from the rolling stones used i think?

?[/quote']

Brian Jones played a real sitar on Paint It Black etc, so I dont know why they are saying he used an electric one!?

This is from one of their roadies...

"Hmm! The Coral sitar used on the track was an original '60's one. They are very hard to find so we got one of the Jerry Jones copies for live use. All the solo and backing track on the sitar is played on the 6 string neck. The extra strings are there to resinate in sympathy and help to give the instrument its unique sound. The bridge also helps, the strings 'rattle' on the wooden part of said bridge and give that wierd 'poingy' texture.

We did try the Variax, it's not a bad model, but next to the hardware version its just not as organic and real. We did use a Line 6 Vetta II combo though, it has a Sitar setting, we plugged straight into that. What RTB added later in the way of effects who can say but the basic track is the Coral Sitar into the VettaII sitar setting.

http://www.jerryjonesguitars.com/Master%20sitar.htm

There are other, cheaper copies around, I tried them, not as good as the Jerry Jones in sound or quality but for the money not bad."

You can see it in use here:

http://www.dds-media.com/useruploads/video/One%20Way%20Ticket%20Live%20on%20CDUK.wmv

What an awful song!!!

The songs are not yet complete and they already sound amazing. When I walked into the studio I was serenaded by the sitar-guitar sounds of The Rolling Stones' Brian Jones. The boys have tracked down the same very rare model made famous by the hugely talented multi-instrumentalist. No sooner was it sent to the studio than Justin had taught himself how to play it and promptly reeled off a massive solo!

a sitar-guitar....?!