aberdeen-music

Most Random thing to happen at a gig

beeker

Was in the Malt Mill last weekend for a drink with a couple of mates and Easily Led happened to be playing (didn't know who they were so didn't actually go to see them specifically). Anyway, there was a jack russell dog wandering about the place the whole night. Wasn't interested in the music and more interested in teh salt n vinegar square crisps that i bought from the ethnic chipper previously! haha.

Anyone else have some random things happen at 'gig's.

beeker.

Carlos?! they all look more like achmeds. But fair play.

Ethnic is the name i shall continue to use. They make the finest smoked sausages in town! by a country mile.

for some reason this post reminded me of the time I was in the belmont hut not long after the invasion of afghanistan, and some utter arseholes started chanting "are you in the taliban" towards the staff.

Guest tv tanned
Carlos?! they all look more like achmeds. But fair play.

Ethnic is the name i shall continue to use. They make the finest smoked sausages in town! by a country mile.

So if you walked into a chipshop being run by a white man, would you refer to it as the caucasean chipper?

Guest tv tanned
oh for fuck sake.

No' date=' because that would be considered to be expected. It's a factutal statement and not a derogatory one.

It's a nickname now deal with it and get off your "un-pc" high horse.[/quote']

no, a factual statement would be to call it a chip-shop.

you're right, I should just let these things slide on by, shouldn't I?

After all, what is a skin colour or ethnic origin if not a way to label people?

Strangest thing I've see at a gig was at Ryan Adams in the Barrowlands... Someone through a celtic top on stage mid song, and Mr. Adams (foolishly) put it on and started dancing about. Half the aduience started cheering and laughing, whilst the other half started booing. Mr. Adams didn't know what to make of this and rushed of stage to get what i imagine was "a brief history of football in Glasgow".

I'm sure there was a few jags fans there feeling left out though.

This is more of a random event...

Me and a few pals were at The Lemon Tree, at one of The Death Disco nights.. There was about 6 people in the whole place. Just Alan McGee, glass of wine in hand and a set of decks infront of him.

It was boring as hell, so we decided to see how many packets of T-Bone Steak Roysters we could much our way through.. 32 packets...

Why did they stop selling them... why? Nothing better than a good gig a pint of San M and some T-Bone Steak Roy's...

no' date=' a factual statement would be to call it a chip-shop.

you're right, I should just let these things slide on by, shouldn't I?

After all, what is a skin colour or ethnic origin if not a way to label people?[/quote']

What you need to do is stop trying to find a racial slur in there. you cock-juggling thundercunt!

Fuckin hell. 'label people' ... it's a fuckin nickname - people like you make me fuckin sick.

More importantly, why did you buy crisps there? It's miles away from The Malt Mill.

Good Q. Was on belmont street when i decided to head home (off of holburn) and my mates stay up that way too and we decided to nip in past malt mill for a bit. i also had chips n cheese! :) yum.

Are you off your mellon...

the Belmont chipper is totally ding.. If you were round those parts theres only one place to go.. Lionels.. chicken pakora 'n' sause.. bingo

And anyhoo if your going to go that far up town might i suggest "Big Boys" on Holburn Street.. that places is top notch.. Ba'donk'a'donk