aberdeen-music

your memories of the FUDGE AWARDS 2004 are required!

The Ghost Of Fudge

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Being genuinely speechless that we won the award. I figured those sex pests Sidca were more "in" with the local scenesters than us!

2) Noticing that Chris ex-Dos-Dedos looked just like he had the night before. In fact, I was convinced he never left Moshulu or stopped drinking. I actually don't think I've ever met him when he's been sober.

3) Being resplendant in a suit that cost 5 from a charity shop and make-up that took a mere 2 and 1 minute to purchase and apply. Total dressing time of ~3 minutes, which I figured was a fraction of that spent by most (except Joe Atom).

4) Having Big Bad comment on the shameless self-promotion on the back of my suit jacket, and then noticing that those Eric Euan bastards had copied my idea. Mine looked cheaper, more hastily applied, therefore I win :)

5) Applying my make-up techniques to anyone willing. Inducting Dan My/Loaded/Atom (see what I did there?!) as an honourary monster and watching the poor fellow panic as the blood drenched/stung his eyeballs. Bloody amateurs!

6) Finally having my belief that Jonny A-Switch-Radio was a raging Queen proved beyond all doubt.

7) Being vocal and somewhat animated when My Decaying Leg were denied their rightful "Most Missed" award.

8) Wondering how Marcus ex-Dos-Dedos managed to steal a suit either from John Travola, or from Nicky Ca$ino when he was in his youthful experimental stage.

9) Whooping when Dr Drakes won an award for the second consecutive time, thanks to their friendly and helpful approach with new and old bands alike, and the continuing huge efforts of band rustler Sharon.

10) Realising that Bri Fudge really is as inept as he seems, when he couldn't even operate a dictaphone. Fudge onwards, boys, fudge onwards....!

Memory....

1) Looking forward to playing a seated audience.

2) Opening the envelope for best metal act and finding that it was near unreadble due an abuse of pritt stick...

3) Being surprised that anyone knew who the fuck Staccato Set are!

4) Dr Drake's again winning thte 'best venue award. Proving that a little bit of grot on the carpet, respect for bands and punters, no fear of volume and quality control when booking bands,over profit, gets noticed... Thank you.

5) Playing a fine wee set to a seated audience and realising that I was way more pissed behind the drums than I have been of late, and not giving a fudge.

6) being scared when Bri was grinning and clapping at me during our last tune

7) How fucking cold it was outside!!!

Many memories more but I'm hungry...

memories:

1. dancing my ass off to staccato set and not caring a jot that they pummeled us for best of the rest cause they're ace!

2. screaming till i couldn't talk no more when the mighty eric euan won best band in the whole of aberdeen!

3. campbell eric euan crewmember standing over my face in his kilt when i was lying on the floor at the bar. a sight noone needs to see, but alas far too many have.

4. wee heather from work spinning a lot, looked like she was having fun.

5. orwell rocking like the big rock behemoths they really are!

6. drinking. a lot.

7. being very very very cold walking home.

8. saving a man's life walking home.

9. then drinking a gazillion times more alcohol the next night during the remembering session. doh.

Guest highroller

...beating alex. 2-0 at nhl hockey and then the subsequent three games him thrashing me...oh...you meant if you were there...not while they were on...oh...

Originally posted by Chris:

really? what happened?

myself and anna found a man wearing a short sleeved shirt collapsed on the pavement at about 2 in the morning and not moving. he was completely soaked through and it was still snowing so we got him on his feet and tried to find out if he knew where he was and what not. after attempting to talk to him for 5 minutes he staggered off refusing anymore help and collapsed in a doorstep round the corner. i told him that if he was still there when i came past again in 15 minutes i'd phone an ambulance for him cause otherwise he would die. he wasn't there, i think it was his doorway he stumbled into.

i think he lived near where we found him, but he was totally fucked. if we'd left him lying there he would've ended up in a very bad way.

dan sent me this by pm, but i thought i'd put it here, coz it's funny...

i'll let dan take over.........

This I found amusing...

I was speaking to Martin Deadloss after it was finishing and he was pretty pissed. Well, completely sozzled is probably a better way of putting it.

Anway he came up to me and said and our conversation went a little like this;

Martin: (in very slurred and pished manner) "I really think you guysh should have won the besht band in the besht heavy metal band category"

Dan "Um, we did Martin"

M: "No, I mean I think you guysh definitely desherved to win"

D: "But we did win. I was standing on stage"

M: *looks VERY puzzled* But I thought it wash black atom that won?"

D: "I'm in black atom, Martin"

M: "But I thought you wash in Loaded?"

D: "I am."

M: "But I thought it wash the black atom that were the winnersh? of besht heavy metal band"

D: "They were. I'm in both"

Hmmm... don't know why I felt the need to PM yo this but I found it funny just thinking about it now.