aberdeen-music

where's a good place to go in aberdeen?

Guest grisen

Hi there, i'm new in town and a wonder what's a good place to go for:

1. Cheap beer?

2. Pubs that has people ages 18-28?

3. clubs, that doesn't play that MTV-shake-your-fat ass-to-slicky-R'n B - shite....

sdfsdfsdfsdfsd

thank you. I know where they are, I think, unsept for the tunnel, where is that, on what street?

wich pub/club has the lowest price on a beer then? a have heard of the archie simpsons... but when I last took a peek into that pub i found moslty old men.... not so attractive.. and no music! k??!

does it costs to get into moshulu? and a beer there is?......

/////

go go zlatan, go sweden!

archibald simpsons is dirt cheap but full of old alcoholics or skanky folk trying to get pissed. Plus there is *no* atmosphere. Triple Kirks is a Scream Pub and it's pretty cheap with a video jukebox thingy.

Pubwise I recommend The Prince of Wales for a quiet drink, there's no music but a good selection of beer/whiskey etc and it's cheaper than you'd think.

To get into Moshulu you'll pay from 0 to around 2.50 (with a flyer/student id) or 4ish without.

Am I right in thinking that Moshulu on mondays (Vice I believe the night is called) will still do 1 pints? Normally moshulu is about 2.20 for pints of beer/cider.

You should keep an eye out for freshers week next week, I presume you're up here for uni? Most pubs and clubs will be out in force to seduce you with cheap drinks and groovy music.

sdfasdfasd

No, I'm here working. (just moved here. looking after children basicly...)

What's "scream" I see that symbol on lots of pubs and flyers... ??

Freschers week? I have no idee what that is...

most pubs in aberdeen are generally around 2.50 for a pint depending on what you drink. the bassment isn't as cheap as some have made out but does decent bar food and cocktail promotions.

the places who do silly drinks offers tend to be full of dicks from my experience. your best bet for cheap booze and an okay atmosphere is probably exodus but triple kirks the pub below it is a bit shit as well. two many theme bars in this city.

Ma Cameron's isn't cheap but is a pretty good pub with good bar food and a good atmosphere. moorings is reasonably priced and has a good atmosphere. there's lots of choice for music pubs with the moorings, bassment, tunnels, drummonds, triple kirks all offering a mix of indie and rock at most times.

basically you get what you pay for round here, you go to somewhere that lives of drinks promotions and you'll be mixing with louts and putting up with rubbish music but pay a bit more and you'll get a drink in a better atmosphere i've found.

wich pub/club has the lowest price on a beer then?

Chain bars always have the lowest prices. That's because all the independents are forced to subsidise them.

To get around this, we at The Moorings only discount the high quality independent products. And all day every Wednesday we discount them even further. So for example on a Wednesday a pint of imported Czeck Budvar @5% will set you back 1.90. Our real ales can be had for something like 1.50. And replica 19th century French Absinthe @72%, that retails in the shops at 70 per bottles can be sampled for 2.75, making it proprtionally cheaper than a shite vodka.

Yes most days it should be possible to get totally mince, from a standing start for under 20, particularily if you drink Addlestones scrumpy with Russky Standart chasers. But on a Wednesday this is achievable for 10-15.

Students deduct a futher 10% at all times.

That is all.

Revolution is terrible' date=' it's like an expensive version of the bassment with crap music :|[/quote']

Stop the press, with a revolution card it's cheaper than tripple kirks, and that's saying something.

My top places:

The Moorings - Pound-for-pound the best place to get drunk, best quality alcohol with student discount.

Tripple Kirks / Exodus - Prices are lower, but so is the quality of boze, friendly atmposphere, top dance floor.

Estaminent - Nice middle priced place, studenty vibe, not smokey, good for a seat.

RGunion - Cheap, big, full of folk, ace place to meet other piss-heads.

Archies - Cheap, big, nice meals; Cheap booze, much better at daytime.

I forgot. You are the expert. The person who's version of a night out consists of a 1.49 bottle of red wine.

How many nights out have you been on with me, like?

Anyway, ask Hog, he can testify as to the brilliance of red wine for getting you fucked cheaply and effectively :)

My top places depends on who I'm out with really, but let's see..

The Moorings during the week : great place to get drunk with a decent jukebox.

Triple Kirks (i'm never in Exodus for some reason...) : fun place, full stop

The Bassment : the food, say no more.

Archies : a lot of my friends don't like the moorings, so Archies is the place for sitting round that big table at the back and getting smashed for cheap.

Priory on a saturday night : two for one drinks, amusing people and the fun of bluetoothing random shit to the screen to be displayed. Never had any hassle at all in the place either.

Old Hog's Head : great place to start a night out

And I'll get lynched for saying this, but Liquid is fantastic if you approach it with the right attitude :D

I miss Oscar's though :( And a special mention to...

Murdo's : the essential local boozer (okay, it's not in town and it's not my local, but)

So Camie, how many pubs/clubs in town have you tried?

Pubs I'd reccomend Triple Kirks, The Moorings, Old Hogs Head and Ma Camerons. It depends exactly what you're looking for.

Clubs I'd say Upstairs at O'Neils then Moshulu then Exodus. O'Neils imo has the best atmosohere and music for dancing to and having fun. It's slightly poppier than Exodus and you'll get more older stuff thrown in as well.