aberdeen-music

*Anything* you've been buying recently THREAD

Guest pop-notmyface

Guest pop-notmyface

seeing that the "DVDs you'v been buying..." thread does so well, lets discuss what has been in your shopping bags recently.

i've spent my whole September allowance (60p) on ASDA economy Pancakes. that was yesterday. they were alright, nothing special. no, actually, they are worse than the ones i make at home. and believe me, that is saying something(!)

i also got my nice neighbours to splash out on Sainsbury economy Kethup (55p) for me (thanks guys! you will never ever read this, but what the hell!). unfortunately, i have nothing to compare it to because i haven't made my own ketchup yet. i think i'll put that at no.73 on my "Various Things/activities I Want To Accomplish/conquer/do/explore Before I Die" list. well, that's an estimate because i haven't made the list yet, but it's not my top priority. oh, and the sauce goes quite well with fishfingers.

that is all that my slimline wallet could afford, but i'm sure i still have something in my "Spare Change Box" ....but really, if you ask any homeless person, there is no such thing as "spare change". especially in Glasgow. the streets there are so clean that i'd probably feel quite comfortable eating my fishfingers off the pavement. but i think it's a bit cheaper eating at home, don't you guys?

having said that, i borrowed some "cahonas" off my parents, and now i may actually be able to afford those lovely just-short-off-Subway-cookies-cookies-from-Somerfield. they are a real bargain compared to the cookies sold at Millets. but really, when you get them in the morning, they are simply heavenly! mmh. just thinking of them makes me want to drool over the keyboard. but i will restrain myself.

so people, really break it down for us!

This season I have been mostly buying new clothes...all from Asda, check this for bargains galore.

6 x black socks - 2

3 x polo shirts - 15 (5 each)

1 x jeans - 3

1 x trousers - 5

1 x work shoes (currently breaking and are crippling my feet) - 15

or I could have bought a single tshirt from elementz....

Other than that, weetabix and milk so I have breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner (you're the one who is the winner) some CD's, some guitar strings, some pints.

Went into town. Bought:

Tangerine Dream by Kaleidoscope - 12

Gave some money to a homeless guy because he was hot - about 70p

Strawberry Milk - 70p

World Soccer - 3.10

Train fare. These days I can't buy a child ticket unless I wait until after school ends, the cheek! - 3.40 for 18 minutes on a train! That's over 18p per minute.

Went to work.

Child's fare on the bus (Yessss) - 1.30

Coke - 40p

Chocolate Orange bar from the machine. A Bounty fell out too (Yessss) - 22p

the biggest thing i have bought recently was a new hifi (my old cd player died, so i got a good excuse to upgrade) - a rather lovely marantz cd deck and power amp, using some speakers i got from a neighbour (rescued from being on the way to a jumble sale, sound pretty good anyway) which will probably be upgraded sometime

a couple of cd's, the who's tommy being the last one i bought, before that i got coldplays X&Y and who's next and quadraphenia by the who, but they were a while ago

a few dvds, namely the who's tommy, reservoir dogs, trainsportting and some red dwarf

a few sandwiches from the beautiful mountain (tuna and lime with the gluten free bread)

tickets for gigs, reel big fish, dragonforce and the youthmovie soundtrack strategies

and one of the gripmaster thingys for strengthening you hands/fingers, good fun for playing about with in lectures (ie you can still half listen to the lecture)

and i ordered the new book from www.toothpastefordinner.com last week, but it will be a while before it actually gets here

thats about all i can think of at the moment

David

Ordered a shitload of stuff from no idea records website earlier this week, about 50 dollars maybe (a lot considering how cheap it is). That was t-shirts, cds/eps, couple posters.

From town last weekend: Lone wolf and Cub manga, fear and loathing in las vegas book, new against me album which was ordered from one-up (came out on monday).

Got new jeans last night too. Oh, and stripey socks

:cheers: