aberdeen-music

Babyshambles @ Forum

Rob

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was anyone at the lemontree one? He was so close to getting on stage but decided to stay in his bus instead.

That says it all really. :moody: What a waster.

I was there but will not being going to this gig, if he cant be arsed or is too fucked to turn up for 550 fans 5 yards from his bus, then he does not deserve the chance to dissapoint another crowd again.

We really don't know I'm afraid' date=' expect early. Tickets initially will only be available online.[/quote']

alright well thanks for replying promt. will try and get on the computers at college if possible whenever, and will check throughout the night to avoid disappointment. will be good to goto moshulu to see a band with the place full of people for a change (unlike departure, battle, dogs to name a few). should be a good one :cheers:

p.s on moshulu.net it links to the books of albion website (babyshambles.com) the official site is babyshambles.net :D

alright well thanks for replying promt. will try and get on the computers at college if possible whenever' date=' and will check throughout the night to avoid disappointment. will be good to goto moshulu to see a band with the place full of people for a change (unlike departure, battle, dogs to name a few). should be a good one :cheers:

p.s on moshulu.net it links to the books of albion website (babyshambles.com) the official site is babyshambles.net :D[/quote']

I'll be shocked if this sells out.If it does it's definately not for the music.More likely people want to be their when he finally croaks it on stage.

you don't think they can sell out? after headlining the astoria with ONE single and that's near enough 5,000 people, you think they won't be able to sell out aberdeen? meh

Also, the two singles they've released have both been top 10, with most recent top 4. So you have no basis on you're statement about doubting weather it'll sell out :p The babyshambles/at the flophouse single is listed as under Peter Doherty, "Babyshambles EP" in the rough trade shop in london, so that doesnt count, and was limited to 2000cd 1000vinyl or maybe 1000/500 i'm not sure, which still managed to enter the charts at no36 or 37

here's a couple mp3s, i quite rate them, not too highly but they're good. worth checking out when passing through anyway. if kef could only get bsp back up- or some other venue *hint hint* that'd make my day

Pipe down - http://s34.yousendit.com/e.aspx?id=2DZETX3VEQLTC0URDB1EDKRT3O

Loyalty song - http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=23ROIULAFRWTJ06DJEQ3HOCNFX

It's safe to say that Doherty is raking it in based on the ticket price :|

i dont think he is completely raking it in, to think if he was still with the libertines just now they would be selling out really big gigs plus this tour is all at places of around 600 capacity where both his management and himself know they could sell out 3 times over, i bet you they could play in places alot bigger, sell tickets for maybe a few quid cheaper and still sell them out so end of the day hes probs not making that much compared to what they potentially could do if they were just in it for the money

i dont think he is completely raking it in' date=' .... so end of the day hes probs not making that much compared to what they potentially could do if they were just in it for the money[/quote']

why not make the gigs free or only charge enough to break even?

is it perhaps cos hard drugs, booze, fags & cost of his chosen lifestyle aint free?

think of the potential earnings if he actually sorted himself out & turned up for gigs, etc.

why not make the gigs free or only charge enough to break even?

is it perhaps cos hard drugs' date=' booze, fags & cost of his chosen lifestyle aint free?

think of the potential earnings if he actually sorted himself out & turned up for gigs, etc.[/quote']

your right, he is completely skint and its all his own fault, at one point he was apparently spending 1000 a day on drugs, thats 365000 a year, thats just crazy, he cant put that all down to addiction, dont know much but things like this but i dont think he depends on that amount of drugs each day

the music industry needs a few odd-ball dodgy characters living the crazy lifestyle as opposed to ott wannabe Rock Star Peace Amassadors of the world, who have the cheek to complain about poverty then charge you 70 to see them perform...

anyway i dont know much about Pete's life but (correct me if i'm wrong), if you have to steal from your friends to feed your habit then you're pretty f-cked up & lacking some ethics / morales.

still i've never walked in his shoes so who am i to judge.