aberdeen-music

Oasis AECC 12th Dec

do u think its taken the aecc to realise their in so much debt b4 they organise 2 huge gigs' date=' mite just be a coinsidence[/quote']

I agree, I'm getting slight nightmares that all the gigs just suddenly get cancelled. Seems a bit dodgy...

And i wish to fuck somone had told me that Oasis were coming to Aberdeen BEFORE I'd bought my Fanny Ferdinand ticket.

Balls.

About time the AECC started getting bands to Aberdeen. It's no wonder they're in such a mess when the extent of the what's on was a needlecraft exhibition and Disney on Ice.

Franz, Oasis and James Blunt all sold out. Just shows the Aberdeen public will support gigs if those in charge of the venues can be bothered to get their fingers out. :rockon:

Maybe you think it's 'uncool' to watch a big band.

Not by a long stretch of the imagination - I just think it's wrong to say that the public support gigs when the venues/promoters 'get their fingers' out. Look at some of the RFR or Arkade Projects gigs where the venues and promoters have worked their asses off to get some fantastic bands up here but people don't go along to the gigs for whatever reason when they might well have had the time of their lives.

I agree with you, Dogs played at Moshulu to about 30 folk and the Bluetones were maybe a couple of hundred.

Maybe the smaller venues should do a bit more advertsing, like the Lemon Tree mag giving descriptions of bands and the type of music they play.

Went to see Ordinary Boys and Kaiser Chiefs at Kef after reading a couple of things about them.

Would love to see all the venues full every night. All I was saying is that there was a complete lack of 'bigger' bands coming to Aberdeen. I've lost count of the number of journeys I've had to Glasgow/edinburg, even Dundee over the last few years.