aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Skateboarder carpark fall death

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The council could build an amazing facility' date=' make it free of charge and people would still skate in places like the BT car park - so why bother wasting the time building a facility?

[/quote']

I totally agree with you on that one Cloud.

The guy was just out having fun doing what he loved with his friends and it went wrong. Yes it was avoidable and it also wasn't anyones fault that it happened. Nothing can be really be done about it, if the council ban skating up there kids are just going to find somewhere else to go and who knows that might be more dangerous than the car park.

Having lost a friend of a similar age last year I understand how his friends are feeling just now and my deepest sympathy goes out to them. I hope they have good memories of him and find a way to keep his spirt alive.

Guest ()Papaspyrou()
Just thinking here...

rates for an indoor facility - 50k+

staffing costs - even with a barebone 4 staff members and a manager' date=' you'd be looking at little change from 100k

rental of the bulding - say 50k

[/quote']

bullshit what!?

No no no.

You buy a plot of land - 10K

You get a joiner friend to build it for you 30K max

you get student kids to man the booth (with perks)- Free

You're sorted - none of this buying unused, expensive parts of town.

All you need is your park to be on the route of the No 1 or No 2 bus route and you're pretty much asking for kids to use your skate park.

Guest pop-notmyface

That may just be the determining factor when it comes to the future of allowing skating in the street - put yourself in the shoes of the councillors' date=' are they going to want more blood on their hands by tolerating drinking in what is essentially a public place?[/quote']

i hope that is the case, and not that people are getting the "stereotypical skateboarder" tag on them.

was that the guy who actually WORKED in Elementz???

then i know who you mean...very sad indeed.

I'm sorry' date=' but some of the stuff on that website is a bit in poor taste "Keep his memory running or DIE!"

Surely they should avoid putting up images with stuff like that written in?[/quote']

I thought that was a bit dodgy ut you knwo what I thought?

Dude, who cares?

One of their best friends has just died, they're not going to be in the best of moods, the website is up as a tribute to Sean, its a place where people can leave respect for him, it shows others just how much people he touched, all the different types of people he touched, not everyone copes the same way to someone dying and people ahve different ways of showing their respect for someone and this may not be by writing a poem, or something about love, or touching hearts.

The whole way through this thread all I read about is you moaning about something, just leave people to it, leave people to show their respect and love for Sean in the way they please, after all, it's not like the council are going to allow them to keep the writing up there for ever.

My boyfriend was at the BT comp that night. He text me when i was in Cyprus telling me there had been a bad accident but i had no idea how bad until i got back last ngiht and he told me, i was godsmacked! It clicked today who the guy was and its a right shame coz he was a nice guy. Condolences to the family and friends.

RIP

I'm sorry' date=' but some of the stuff on that website is a bit in poor taste "Keep his memory running or DIE!"

Surely they should avoid putting up images with stuff like that written in?[/quote']

It is a collection of everything that has been tributed to Sean, there are more things than just that written and displayed. For Gods sake its a tribute to a lost friend, get over it - in amidst of things I doubt anyone will be overly offended.

Guest pop-notmyface

the site looks pretty good being done in such a short time...

mmh, i bet no-one cared when he was alive. "you never know what you have until its gone" -rings true doesnt it?

but just maybe, heaven is a half-pipe ;)

I'm not a skater myself, but I hung out at the http://www.colosseum.nl/ back home. Aberdeen should have one as well. Maybe some skaters should come together, see how these guys did it, and do a similar thing here? (They got cheap rent on the building, was empty anyway, + subsidized by council, built ramps themselves, run it themselves). I bet these guys would be up for helping, maybe even come over. I think it would work really well here.

Anyway, just a thought, sorry. PM me for further info or translating.

J.

Guest ()Papaspyrou()
I'm not a skater myself' date=' but I hung out at the [url']http://www.colosseum.nl/ back home. Aberdeen should have one as well. Maybe some skaters should come together, see how these guys did it, and do a similar thing here? (They got cheap rent on the building, was empty anyway, + subsidized by council, built ramps themselves, run it themselves). I bet these guys would be up for helping, maybe even come over. I think it would work really well here.

Anyway, just a thought, sorry. PM me for further info or translating.

J.

man, you're too good for this site....its normally all pessimism and defeatest wherever you look.

Thanks on behalf of many people for your thoughts into this - take care!

Guest pop-notmyface
I'm suprised something like this hasn't happened before.

it's pretty hard to do because there is a wall at chest height 4.5" (or something like that). you'd actually have to climb up there, which i guess is what he did.

on a differnt note, does anyone know if death occured instantly?

and a few more things according to the Daily Telegraph.

1. his name was Sean Henderson.

2. there may be CCTV footage of the incident. police are studying the tape.

3. police have dismissed claims that it happened while trying to stop someone else from jumping.

He was revived but then died about 15 mins later.

There have been many many attempts to sort out somewhere for people to skate in Aberdeen, last summer Aberdeen Street Skaters (ASS) worked their asses (no pun intended) putting on a exhibition and raising money and speaking face to face with the council but still nothing has happened and doesnt look like anything is going to happen for a very long time

....on a differnt note' date=' does anyone know if death occured instantly?[/quote']

WTF?

I am indulging you in replying to this, but, seriously (and I've never really said this before, I am gobsmacked)..What The FUCK?!

someof you twats out in internetland truly are twats, removed, nobodies, with fuck all tact, disgression or understanding...

fuck me.