aberdeen-music

Fao: Every Single Gig Goer

huntedbyafreak

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it is big and clever' date=' considering the tripe that comes out of Braithwaite's mouth most of the time. Again if he can't accept the odd twat in the crowd then he's a stupider man than me, considering that the chatter at their gigs in other locations will be at a similar level.[/quote']

" the odd twat "

I guess you were not at the gig...

my balls were shrinking with the noise of the crowd Vs the tunes...

and you could tell the band were getting fucked off....

"night of the living scenesters" that night...

i wished they'd all fucked off, and left the place to "music lovers" not scensters...cyunts.

I wasn't that loud' date=' Jim! We didn't have to scream at each other as it wasn't that loud being so far back! Argh... I'm a hypocrite. NAMED AND SHAMED. BRING OUT THE STOCKS AND ROTTEN FRUIT.[/quote']

No need for stocks. I like the idea of free range Huntedbyfreak as a moving target!

My point was that there is a huge difference between the Tunnels and Moshulu as with every venue and in some cases a quiet chatter at the back will not intrude... Best to scope it out first before heading into a full blown rant over the top of some artist singing about losing a loved one to the fishes

You miss my point' date=' I would severely doubt that Amanda or anyone would hear what you were saying, as you were well up the back. I was more questioning Richard's statement that he can hear chatter at the back of the Tunnels while he is playing with a fully electrified band with monitors etc.[/quote']

I never mentioned anything about hearing people whilst playing in a band, I meant that I have often heard things as an audience member, as the point that a few people seemed to miss is that its about showing consideration for the audience more than anything. I'm well aware that it is hard to hear the audience when playing (although I have never been in a situation similar to the mentioned Mogwai show).

I'm not sure about that actually... I vaguely remember being at the Malcolm Middleton gig and you could hear a lot of chatter during a lot of his set. Maybe it was during the quieter songs... Having said that' date=' I don't think that there were many people there to see him.

[/quote']

Yeah the chatter was incessant at that gig. However, I'm willing to bet big Malc is not a big girl's blouse and will come back up here despite that.

There are lots of people who show ignorance to plead their case. This is a fact of human

nature. I'm real fucking sick of ignorant people, everyday i have to compete with this utter shit. Yeah sure there are good people in aberdeen but fuck me there are so many idiots and morons too. I treat it with contempt and sarcasm, down to a level that these fuck ups understand.

I think there are alot of people in general who lack common sense and a severe lack of intellect and how to conduct themselves. In other words clueless. I honestly do think society is

getting worse instead of better.

God' date=' the thought of only having gigs with 'music lovers' horrifies me.

I'm sure it also horrifies the venues.[/quote']

that makes no sense whatsoever. I bet every venue is saying "damn I wish these fucking music lovers would stop coming to gigs, I'd much rather have bands playing to an empty room".

that makes no sense whatsoever.

If you read any of his other post then you wouldn't be surprised... Somebody do cloud a favour and cancel his internet subscription!!! I'm all for healthy debate as long as it is based on a reasoned argument.

o_O :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Consistency over content, I'll give him that...

I think the article is right in saying that some people don't have enough respect for their fellow audience, and I also think Cloud initially missed that point, but it wouldn't hurt for twobackjoe to be a little less condescending and to tone down the overly dramatic exasperation. You're not a valley high school cheerleader. Plllleeeeaaasse!

Gigs are social events, concerts perhaps less so. Either way, they're all public events and the public, for the most part, are really quite annoying.

Live with it.

that makes no sense whatsoever. I bet every venue is saying "damn I wish these fucking music lovers would stop coming to gigs' date=' I'd much rather have bands playing to an empty room".[/quote']

Okay, example.

Worst gig I've ever seen attendance-wise was a gig that catered for 'music lovers'.

Best gig I've ever seen attendance-wise was a gig that catered for 'scenesters'.

You need a mix of both scenesters and music lovers, otherwise the whole thing will fall apart.

Okay' date=' example.

Worst gig I've ever seen attendance-wise was a gig that catered for 'music lovers'.

Best gig I've ever seen attendance-wise was a gig that catered for 'scenesters'.

You need a mix of both scenesters and music lovers, otherwise the whole thing will fall apart.[/quote']

You make no sense, 99.9999999999999999999999% of the time. Congrats! o_O

I think the article is right in saying that some people don't have enough respect for their fellow audience' date=' and I also think Cloud initially missed that point, but it wouldn't hurt for twobackjoe to be a little less condescending and to tone down the overly dramatic exasperation. You're not a valley high school cheerleader. [i']Plllleeeeaaasse!

Gigs are social events, concerts perhaps less so. Either way, they're all public events and the public, for the most part, are really quite annoying.

Live with it.

I'm loving the sport!

:D

"Overly dramatic exasperation" is great fun to write...

I also do like to think of myself as a "valley high school cheerleader" from time to time depending on my fancy... I'm curremtly sourcing oversize uniforms on the net so 'go talk to the hand!'

:p