aberdeen-music

Jobs

Noir

As well as dream jobs I think we should include worst jobs weve ever had. Mine was probably working for Brown and Root in Dyce, I didnt have a clue what I was doing, something clerical but I got fired after a fortnight!

My job now is a writer, I write plays for stage and radio, and occasionally a bit of telly, also nearly finished my first novel, set, naturally, in Aberdeen. I havent quite got the guts to give up the day job yet, which is writing programme info for the BBC website.

I am unemployed at the moment which sucks. i get 44 a week to live off, but have too much time on my hands. worst is, i am settling into a routine of it now.

My dream job i think would either be a reflexologist or a special effects make up artist, but both can be pretty pricey to train for so i am not willing to get myself into debt for it.

Worst job was sainsburys in garthdee.

*Beep**Beep**Beep* Do you have a nectar card? Are you saving your rewards? Would you like cashback? Goodbye. Repeat ad infinitum for 8 hours a day. Ugh

Hey! sainsburys isnt that bad if all the the managers love you and think you do loads of work but really dont and piss about and watch tv.

and also if you screw them over by refusing to sign a new conract and still get double time on a sunday.

ie. me,

it also really helps if you're not on checkouts, but hey!

Worst job, I aint had much in the way of jobs due to having kids so young but the job I am in at the moment is pretty good I work for a communtiy radio where i basically do shows, support people to make shows and do things like make jingles. funnily enough I wanted to do something to do with media when growing up but gave up on that idea completly and now I work in a media unit so its all good.

have to say worst jobs Ii did have were telesales and as a kid a morning paper round

dream job is owning my own clothing/make-up/shoe line

ooh snap. although i'd be happy with my own wee shop full of beautiful wares catering for the eclectic lady-about-town. it'd have leopard print wallpaper, a polka dot carpet, and i probably wouldn't let anyone buy anything because i'd like it all too much. im thinking maybe ten years of being a doctor and stringent saving and ill have some capital perhaps. or maybe i'll be dead. it's a game of chance.

ooh snap. although i'd be happy with my own wee shop full of beautiful wares catering for the eclectic lady-about-town. it'd have leopard print wallpaper' date=' a polka dot carpet, and i probably wouldn't let anyone buy anything because i'd like it all too much. im thinking maybe ten years of being a doctor and stringent saving and ill have some capital perhaps. or maybe i'll be dead. it's a game of chance.[/quote']

yay leopard and polka dots! i'm going to work as a buyer in paris for a big department store in order to save up capital and build a reputation as having divine taste in clothes. although i'd be perfectly happy doing obedience school until i had enough capital to start the clothing line. and then i could use obedience school girls as my models.