aberdeen-music

Organ donation

Fluffy

after reading the give bloode thread, i am curious, who here would be willing to donate their organs if they died?

i am on the the registrar, but i think i need to update my details. i am all for organ, bone donation etc.. and i am all for people being kept 'alive' so their organs would could be donated.

what do you think?

Definitely. I'm on the list but I think I also need to update my details... will make a note to get round to that. I also like the idea that they were banding around a while ago that when you apply for a drivers license you automatically go on the register unless you opt out. So many people keep meaning to put their names on the list but never get round to it, that would certainly help a little.

I'm down for everything accept corneas.

Just don't like the idea of someone seeing through my eyes.

but.. imagine someone being given the gift of sight..

your eyes are not 'you', they are just the shell of what 'you' have been given as a body. heheh. weeeeeeee.

i'm sure someone would love having your boootyful eyes. :p

Guest bluesxman

Last time I filled a donor thing in I said to take everything. My girlfriend is aghast as she says my eyes are too nice for someone to take. My argument that i'm dead so who cares seems to be met with typical female logic, i.e. none!

I'm down for everything accept corneas.

Just don't like the idea of someone seeing through my eyes.

im the same

im pretty sure im on the lsit from my driving licence.

but it freaks me out the idea of someone having my eyes.

i think it should be that everyone is on the list unless the opt out. cause people who do not want to donate are more likely to go and take them selves off a list than people who dont mind but havnt got round to it yet.

I've specified they can take everything from me when I pop off.

as for "seeing with your eyes", what a load of bollox.

fuck me, if you are going to say that, why bother giving someone your heart ? (you might get David Duchovny falling in love with you ?)

I think you are missing the point of organ donation, if you "think" someone is looking through "your eyes", YOU WILL BE DEAD, and YOU WON'T KNOW IT.

Guest tv tanned

personally I think that we should change the system of organ donation so you have to opt out of doing it rather than opt in as the present situation stands.

That way all the lazy gits who can't be arsed to register but always moan that 'I'd donate my organs but...' don'thave to bother, and those who are really bothered about it can remove themselves.

Guest MerryChristmas
personally I think that we should change the system of organ donation so you have to opt out of doing it rather than opt in as the present situation stands.

That way all the lazy gits who can't be arsed to register but always moan that 'I'd donate my organs but...' don'thave to bother' date=' and those who are really bothered about it can remove themselves.[/quote']

Speaking of moaning

Do you ever stop?

I've been on the organ donar list since I was 12. And I'm all for it.

Seriously, when you're dead (either in you coffin, or by the side of the read.. whatever), you no longer need your organs. You're not going to give a shit if parts are missing. Especially if they could save someone's life.

I've been on the organ donar list since I was 12. And I'm all for it.

Seriously' date=' when you're dead (either in you coffin, or by the side of the read.. whatever), you no longer need your organs. You're not going to give a shit if parts are missing. Especially if they could save someone's life.[/quote']

but if someone dosnt want their organs donated, their wished should be met. as important as donation is, it should not be forced onto anyone who dosnt wish it.

Guest Les Stroszek

I don't see any problems with it and it would be nice to help others in need so I signed up. It does feel a little morbid though but definately a good thing im sure.

i've always specified i'd donate my body to medical research but i'm on the donor list in case i die before i can make a will. i'm not fussed about my body after i die' date=' and to be honest, i'd much rather everything was gone so i never have to risk being buried alive.[/quote']

what about bein cut into little pieces alive? that would suck.