aberdeen-music

AFC Thread (not for non football lovers)

Mr.Tim

Aye it was pish. Its been ages since i've taken in Dons game, where Caley haven't been involved; and i certainly picked a shite one. Long ball punts, terrible midfield, and Crawford!!!! haha!!!

Really wish i was at the Caley game, just to see Brewster's face after Dargo scored with the last kick of the game.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I'd imagine Jake's not too unhappy about the outcome of the Livi/Dunfermline game though...

Still up in the ozone layer over this!

Dunfermline 3-2 Relegated West Coast Identity Crisis FC

Satan's Revolting XI 1-1 Motherwell

Absolute brilliance, sneaking a winner with 5 minutes to go, and a hotly disputed one at that. This is the last you'll see of Lavvy for a loooooooooong time. Been quite a season.

2005/2006 season highlights:

Cuffing the Tims on their own patch.

Sneaking a last-minute equaliser against the Huns.

Getting to Hampden.

Relegating Lavvy.

Beating Aberdeen, a point of principle since JC shat on us.

2005/2006 season shockers:

Getting raped 8-1 on our own hallowed soil.

Getting knocked out of the Cup by Buckfast United.

My day out at Hampden being hijacked by a load of nonsense about the "Jinky Final". Fuck Sellick and the way they feel the need to obsessively fawn and sentimentalise over everything. "Greatest supporters in the world" my fucking arse.

Satan's Revolting XI not getting relegated.

3 games left, all I ask is to finish 10th, above THEM.

My 2005/2006 Caley season highlights:

- Drawing 1-1 with Celtic, then heading to glasgow to see pelican (so drunk, but amazing)

- Beating Scumdee Utd twice since they nicked Brewster

- First 45mins v. Aberdeen at Pittodrie, where we were dominating on the pitch and outsinging the home fans- especially "You only wish you were Caley, Wish you were Caaaaallllleeeey"

- Craig Dargo, Ian Black, Darren Dods and Mark Brown finally getting some of the recognition they deserve.

- Boxing day v. Hibs - i was totally wankered, expecting a loss; then we only go and hump them. Scott Brown lost the plot, i laughed.

2005/2006 shockers:

- 0-1 v. Aberdeen, shocking game, terrible goal to lose.

- Pens v. Partick. I didn't even watch them cause i knew we'd lose.

- The whole 3weeks of "Will he, Won't he?" over the Brewster leaving affair; i spent way too long on the internet keeping up to date with everything, what a dick.

2006/7 Aims-

- Get into the top 6

- Keep our team together

- Finally stuff the Dons, long overdue.

- See us beat Rangers or Septic on their own patch

- Witness the first Caley player to get a Scotland cap

- Another season where we end up in profit, possibly the only team in the SPL again.

- Another rise in home attendance (possibly a 4th stand built??)

-Condemn Scumdee Utd to relegation, Brewster sacked.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Hey, good idea, my 2006/2007 aims:

Do not get relegated.

Satan's Revolting XI to be relegated, and become extinct soon after.

A good run in one of the cups.

Fill in some more gaps in the programme collection.

Take points off the Mould Firm.

Calderwood to desert Aberdeen for a job in England.

My 2005/2006 Hearts season highlights (so far!):

- 11 wins and no losses in the first 12 games.

- Sticking 4 goals past Hibs on 3 separate occasions.

- Sitting in the pub in Frankfurt watching us beat Rangers, which was apparently "the big test".

- 5-0 win against Falkirk on Boxing Day. One of the most one-sided games of football I've ever seen.

- Seeing genuinely class players like Jankauskas and Fyssas in Hearts shirts.

- Rudi Skacel's performances up until the turn of the year.

- Beating Hibs in what was probably the biggest Edinburgh derby ever.

- The first half of the New Years Day game against Celtic. Probably the best controlling display we've ever had against the Old Firm.

2005/2006 shockers

- The second half of the New Years Day game against Celtic. Probably the most inept managerial display we've ever had against the Old Firm.

- George Burley's sacking.

- Graham Rix's hiring.

- Two defeats to Hibs.

- Not having the Champions League place wrapped up by now (thanks again Mr Rix).

2006/2007 Aims

- Get in a decent manager and - *shock* - keep him.

- Be in the draw for the Champions League Qualifiers.

- To play some genuinely world class teams in Europe (either in the Champs League or on a decent UEFA Cup run - if Middlesborough can do it...).

- To keep the best of the squad together and have a real go at winning the league (you never know!!!).

- At least 2nd place (although no Champs League for that next season).

Guest neil ex

- Not having the Champions League place wrapped up by now (thanks again Mr Rix).

I really don't understand how it's Graham 'sex offender' Rix's fault that you haven't wrapped up that second place spot yet.

Guest neil ex

Lows of being an Aberdeen supporter - season 2005/2006:

Terrible home form

Home attendances

Being gubbed by Motherwell on boxing day

Losing to Dunfermline, drawing with Livi both times (Lovell pen), all the poor results in general

A struggle to score goals in most games

0-0

Caldo's tactics at times

Caldo swapping the team about too often

Caldo seemingly favouring some players over other players, regardless of performances

The complete absence of McFarlane and Griffen in the last month

A few average players in the squad

The strikers

Failing to beat Motherwell and Kilmarnock

The decline of Ferne Snoyl in recent games

Cup defeat to Motherwell

Cup defeat to Hearts

There has been some great moments this season, but there's been so many disappointments.

Lows of being an Aberdeen supporter - season 2005/2006:

Terrible home form

Home attendances

Being gubbed by Motherwell on boxing day

Losing to Dunfermline' date=' drawing with Livi both times (Lovell pen), all the poor results in general

A struggle to score goals in most games

0-0

Caldo's tactics at times

Caldo swapping the team about too often

Caldo seemingly favouring some players over other players, regardless of performances

The complete absence of McFarlane and Griffen in the last month

A few average players in the squad

The strikers

Failing to beat Motherwell and Kilmarnock

The decline of Ferne Snoyl in recent games

Cup defeat to Motherwell

Cup defeat to Hearts

There has been some great moments this season, but there's been so many disappointments.[/quote']

Fully agreed. I would say a lot more disappointments than great moments (not losing to the Huns at all this season being by far the greatest moment.)

It's going to be nothing short of criminal when Griffin and McFarlene are binned while Foster walks off with a new contract.

If our front line doesn't improve dramatically It's going to be another poor term next season i'm afraid - Mackie has completely lost it and really has no control to allow him to play further back, I know welfare league guys better than John Stewart and everybody can plainly see that Stevie Craw - ful is just not up to playing football any more. Certainly not as a striker. I must say i've recently been impressed by Lovell - Hopefully he will be bang in form next season, but he needs a strike partner to play off of.

And season tickets going up by 20 quid? What a fucking cheek. I thought our amazing new "shorts sponsor" would have led the club to at least freeze the season ticket price?

He won't make many worse decisions in his management career.

Surely everyone, and I mean everyone, could see that at the very least Griffin was worth keeping?

I'm not going to go on about it, because anyone who saw Griffin play this season will tell you he is better than Foster, Dempsey, Craw - ful and even Snoyl at the moment the way he's been playing. I believe he's ofski anyway.

McFarlene is quality too but hardly even got a chance.

I hope they both find new clubs. And just can't wait to see who Jimmy gets in to replace them.

Guest neil ex

Yeah but it's been Lord Romanov's tinkering surely. I know you wouldn't be where you are without him but what has happened to that title challenge everyone was talking about when Burley was in charge?

Rix had a hard enough job. The Hearts fans were promised a big named manager. A lot of Hearts fans were angry that Rix had been appointed. Hearts had a 100% record and were top of the league - he had to keep that up, he couldn't better that. It looks like it was Romanov that decided to drop Webster for that United game - you dropped points. Plus his first game in charge was Aberdeen away, a hard enough start for any manager. :p

Plus it was Romanov that brough Rix to Hearts in the first place.

Guest neil ex

If small team Caley signed Webster, that would be the equivalent of Aberdeen signing Juan Roman Riquelme, who incidentally missed a penalty against Arsenal this week.

So Webster hasn't been offered £18k a week then from Mad Vlad?

I like the new angle of the thread. Highlights thus far:

- Cuffing Alloa 6-1 at Recreation Park.

- The whole of the Scottish cup run from Stenhousemuir onwards, beating the fake Jags on pens and outplaying a team who will likely be in the Champions League next year off thier own pitch for long spells.

- The win at Stirling two weeks ago.

Lowlights:

- Piss poor home defeats by Peterhead and Alloa.

- The Boxing Day Massacre (0-3 to Stirling Albion), one of the worst days of the entire year.

- DC is STILL in charge.

- Any time Darren Brady or Sean Kilgannon go near the ball.

- The respective farcical episodes of Geordie Rowe and Billy Dodds.

- The League cup exit to Falkirk.

I only ask for one thing above all else next season: a new manager.