aberdeen-music

AFC Thread (not for non football lovers)

Mr.Tim

Guest Jake Wifebeater
3-0 Aberdeen. (Smith' date=' Snoyl, Mackie)[/quote']

Gonna have to wish the Dons well today. Just make sure Todders gets a good fumigation after Satan's Revolting XI coach it back to their toilet.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on a slightly unrelated note did anyone see the liverpool - man utd game? What fucking horrible injury Alan Smith got. Ferguson described it as the most horrific injury he's ever seen. He ended up with a broken leg and a dislocated ankle. Ouch.

the people behind me were talking about it, sounded nasty:down:

3 points today, but an absolute dire performance. freezing as well

3 points today' date=' but an absolute dire performance. freezing as well[/quote']

aye the second half sounded shite on the radio. but I'd rather have the points and a shit performance at this stage of the season than a great performance and nothing. A few months ago Falkirk would have definitely left with a point if we'd played like that.

on a slightly unrelated note did anyone see the liverpool - man utd game? What fucking horrible injury Alan Smith got. Ferguson described it as the most horrific injury he's ever seen. He ended up with a broken leg and a dislocated ankle. Ouch.

that was horrible to see, it didnt look like anything till you see the reply but holy shit it looked sore, he never got tackled someone just kick the ball and he stuck out his leg to stop it.

that was horrible to see' date=' it didnt look like anything till you see the reply but holy shit it looked sore, he never got tackled someone just kick the ball and he stuck out his leg to stop it.[/quote']

it wasn't the leg that the ball hit which was the problem, rather the one he folded up underneath himself as he fell backwards. nasty.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Aye it looks like Smith will be out for a year at least.

On a slightly more gloating note' date=' Craig Brewster who??

Dargo for Scotland!![/quote']

Well, you needed a pick-me-up after the Harry Wraggs! Scorge is still up in the ozone layer over that one.

In other news:

Aberdeen 1-0 Satan's Revolting XI ( I can't believe I'm saying this, but thanks JC)

Kilmarnock 3-1 Lavvy

It's as you were at the bottom of the league. Anything we get tomorrow is a bonus. Mind you, we cuffed the Jungle Jims on their own patch, so let's see how they cope with Fortress EEP. I have my excuses ready, just in case there's an upset.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

That was, and will be for some time, a sore one. My words have come back to royally bite my arse. Ouch. Listening to that was torture. I think the days of confident predictions are over. It's purgatory supporting the DA, we cuff Celtic on their own patch and now this? I'm shitting it for the League Cup Final now.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
On the bright side for Dunfermline' date=' at least they'll know what they're up against in the CIS final. Hopefully they'll get some kind of revenge then.[/quote']

This is true. Thanks for the crumb of comfort.

And the sooner we drop Geri the better, he's probably the worst keeper we've had since Zoran Lemajic.

Oh well, bye bye any chance of getting higher than six place. Jamie Smith is out for 6 weeks and had to pull out of the scotland squad he has tried so hard to get back into on the day it was announced. I was actually pretty chuffed with myself actually, because when he went off holding his leg yesterday I did an straight away Alan Hansoned it and called the injury. Browny points for me.

I guess its up to Super kyle to save the day!

Oh well' date=' bye bye any chance of getting higher than six place. Jamie Smith is out for 6 weeks and had to pull out of the scotland squad he has tried so hard to get back into on the day it was announced. I was actually pretty chuffed with myself actually, because when he went off holding his leg yesterday I did an straight away Alan Hansoned it and called the injury. Browny points for me.

I guess its up to Super kyle to save the day![/quote']

There is nothing to be "chuffed" about when we have lost our best attacking player, so cut out the smugness.

Hopefully Jimmy will see sense when we play Celtic and play Clark on the right of midfield, Snoyl on the left and put Nicholson in the middle with McFarlene for some grit. McNaughton can go left back, Griffin on the right and Zander and Russ in the middle. Lovell and Mackie could have the unfortunate task of chasing the ball all afternoon. I just hope he doesn't go 5 across the middle and put (God forbid) Dempsey or Foster in there too and leave just one up front.

I would have serious reservations about playing McCauly in such a big game.

Having said all that, the players positions went out the window in the second half on Saturday and it turned into a bit of a free for all, so anything's possible at Parkhead.......

There is nothing to be "chuffed" about when we have lost our best attacking player' date=' so cut out the smugness.

Hopefully Jimmy will see sense when we play Celtic and play Clark on the right of midfield, Snoyl on the left and put Nicholson in the middle with McFarlene for some grit. McNaughton can go left back, Griffin on the right and Zander and Russ in the middle. Lovell and Mackie could have the unfortunate task of chasing the ball all afternoon. I just hope he doesn't go 5 across the middle and put (God forbid) Dempsey or Foster in there too and leave just one up front.

Having said all that, the players positions went out the window in the second half on Saturday and it turned into a bit of a free for all, so anything's possible at Parkhead.......[/quote']

No Seve?!

Personally I'd play Nicholson on the right, i think hes shown he can do a job there the last few weeks, snoyl on the left, McFarlane and Seve protecting a back 4 of Griffin, Cadger, Zander and Kev. Mackie and Lovell up front.

There is nothing to be "chuffed" about when we have lost our best attacking player' date=' so cut out the smugness.

Having said all that, the players positions went out the window in the second half on Saturday and it turned into a bit of a free for all, so anything's possible at Parkhead.......[/quote']

Ah but sarcasm is hard to achieve via the internet. I'm sorry if i'm not crying about Smith's injury, its part and parcel of the game as he himself says. Mcfarlene can go to hell as far as i'm concerned. He looks like a bumbling old man and I can't believe he came out of the Rangers game with any credit. I think Nicholson is far more effective in the middle of the park, swap him with Clark and have Crawford and Lovell starting upfront. Otherwise I would stick with Saturday's starting line up even though the performance was dire.

There is no particular reason for my liking of Super kyle, but its fun to get behind randoms. Atleast he has the balls to shoot every now and then.

I also think that despite Foster being utterly awful and having no football skills at all, hes pretty game and is a good person to bring on late in the game to piss off a tiring defence. Mackie should always start on the bench because I think he is far more useful coming on late because his pace counts that little bit extra when everyone else has been playing for an hour.