aberdeen-music

AFC Thread (not for non football lovers)

Mr.Tim

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nigel Pepper was fucking awesome, I loved him when he was at Aberdeen.

Byrne has been alright this season and overall he has certainly been better than Diamond, Nicholson, Demspey, Muirhead, Lovell, McNaughton, Foster and Stewart. It's unfair he gets so much abuse really when there are other players just as and more deserving.

The only players this season who can hold their heds up really are Anderson, Smith and Esson.

I think Crawford has been alright and I think he'll prove to be a decent signing, which suprises me as I was against signing him before.

As for worst dons, Haruldur Ingulffson (sp?)

His sliding tackles were immense, and then after a few games when he started mistiming them it just became hilarious to see how long he could stay on the pitch for. It suprises me how many people mention him as one of our worst players, he didn't seem to get that much stick at the time. He was great in Champ man too.

Okay not the biggest fan, but just spent a few (ahem) minutes of work time reading this thread and it made me think of two things to say

1) IT'S A GOAL FOR DUNCAN SHEARER, IT'S A GOAL FOR DUNCAN SHEARER. WLKING ALONG, SINGING A SONG, WALKING IN A SHEARER WONDERLAND :rockon:

2) I used to fance Russell Anderson when he went to visit his granny who lived accross the road from me :O Incidently his last name is not anderson, that's his middle name,. or mothers maiden name or something.

2) I used to fance Russell Anderson when he went to visit his granny who lived accross the road from me :O Incidently his last name is not anderson' date=' that's his middle name,. or mothers maiden name or something.[/quote']

I see him every week when he visits his in-laws, who stay round the corner from me. I don't fancy him though, but he is everything a man should be: courageous, determined, dignified, and respectful towards in-laws

Guest neil ex
His sliding tackles were immense' date=' and then after a few games when he started mistiming them it just became hilarious to see how long he could stay on the pitch for.[/quote']

I might be wrong, but I remember, along the lines of, Nigel Pepper coming on as a sub against Rangers and getting red carded after about 2 minutes. Then when back from suspension, he came on and was sent off in even less time..

'Nice one Pepper, nice one son. Nice one Pepper, lets have another one!'

I might have imagined that! Did that really happen?

At least Pepper will be remembered down the line. Unlike half the half arsed footballers that have worn the red jersey in the last years!

I might be wrong' date=' but I remember, along the lines of, Nigel Pepper coming on as a sub against Rangers and getting red carded after about 2 minutes. Then when back from suspension against Celtic, he came on and was sent off in even less time..

![/quote']

I remember the second one (which sealed his reputation with referees in scotland) and I remember him being about a foot away from that diving cunt Regi Blinker. I was positive he was nowhere near him but none of the commentators or journalists afterwards said anything.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
his last name is cadger.

Correct. He changed it because he was sick of being called "Cadger the Tadger", by his fellow schools football peers. By all accounts he was absolute mince back then.

• 2 weeks later...
Poor. A replica of the Livi game at Pittodrie this season without the penalty miss.

Not good enough. :swearing:

Thats exactly what i thought.

Why do they have to say all this shit in the paper about how they are gonna turn the corner?

E.G Stevie Crawfrd said ill crawf up goals then two days later missed a great chance?

Two massive disappointments today - The Game

- Doom, wot a heap o shite!!!!!

That game could have gone on for another 90 minutes and there wouldn't have been a goal etc...Not with Dunfermline doing what every team bar the Old Firm have done at Pittodrie this season and putting ten men behind the ball. It's ridiculous how much respect other teams still have for us. Pittodrie has long since ceased to deserve the "Fortress" prefix

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Richie Byrne's getting a hell of a hard time from you guys. The few times I saw him, he was a damn solid defender so I don't know what's gone wrong there. I was sorry to see him go, along with about half our squad to Aberdeen.