aberdeen-music

How was your TITP???

Larsen B

Overall i thought it was way better than last year, the bands on the smaller stages/tents being best.

The highlights were Interpol, Bright Eyes, the Faint, Rilo Kiley and Editors. The biggest disappointments were definitely Bloc Party and New Order. Kele refused to sing in tune for most the set and it seemed like he'd rather be a stand-up comedian (and a very bad one at that) instead of playing his songs with any passion or fire. The Editors frontman could show Kele how it's done. New Order were similarly ruined by inane banter to endear themselves to the monosyllabic crowd, but as Ancient Mariner II said, it was worth it to see the silhouette of Hooky, bass slung around his knees, against the skyline. Brandon Flowers appearance for Crystal was pointless and made worse by him singing lyrics from Morning Glory to it!

It's a pity the Faint were on so early (before the Black friggin Velvets!) but they were brilliantly energetic for being on so early. Just ashame the crowd chose for them to play Worked Up So Sexual instead of Agenda Suicide. Bright Eyes set was thankfully free from any stupid offensive comments and the Digital Ash songs seemed completely different when made so loud and vast, and First Day of My Life as the closer was a nice touch. Not much i can say about Interpol, they were almost flawless apart from some niggly sound problems early on. I owned Tranzmute in guessing which song they would play first (being Next Exit).

Other worthy performances were Maximo Park (Paul Smith=great frontman), Futureheads and the Tears (attended by members of the Departure and Bloc Party). DFA 1979 sounded far too muddy but were entertaining enough. The worst band i saw were Audioslave (i ducked out of Eagles of Death Metal at the last minute). The weren't entirely terrible though, the RATM songs being the highlights of the set, but Cornell was an absolutely annoying prick, with his encouraging the crowd to put their fists in the air (cringe!) and his reassuring comment about most people being "cool".

Overall it was a good 'un tho.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green Day were absolutly amazing, i was lost for words for about an hour afterwords. Bloc Party were quite disappointing i thought, not what i expected. Apart from Green Day (when i sang every word of every song until i lost my voice), my other highlights were Kaiser Cheifs, who were great and Athlete who were also great. I was also quite disappointed with Audioslave, but didn't think they were too bad, that crown went to either Razorlight, with their questionable background, or Bloc Party. Travis set the crowd up brilliantly for Green Day, with most of the crowd joining in for their closing song, Why does it always rain on me?.

Overall, it was an amazing experience, and i have my alarm set for 8.45 am tommorow to purchase my ticket for next year.

I can't wait for next year,

Saw some great sets on the saturday from Maximo Park, The Ordinary Boys, The Duke Spirit,El Presidente Super Furry Animals (new songs sounded great)

Sunday - Razorlight, Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian and the Prodigy were my highlights from sunday

Did anyone go to the Nintendo Tent to tell a joke, heard some horrendus jokes

my highlights are rilo kiley, Queens of the stonage, interpol and the tears.

I had only heard "portions of foxes" by rilo kiley before seeing them and i really enjoyed there whole set, every song was just as strong as "Portions Of Foxes". The Queens just rocked and enjoyed the slowed down part of "feel good hit in the summertime ". I always expected interpol to be good and they lived up to it. The tears were in the same sort of ball park as rilo kiley.

The worst bands i saw were The Killers. I might have enjoyed them a bit more if i was not surrounded by neds who pretty much sung over brandon flowers. I was a bit dissapointed they desided to play a B-side instead of a 2nd new track.

I'm so glad I skipped most of the Killers' set to see The Coral, they were probably my favourite act, although I liked Travis too because it was the only one where I made an effort to get right into the crowd :) Then headed over to Hayseed Dixie who were great! Other than that, AKA the Fox and Sleepmode (?) in the T Breaks Tent were cool and I liked Death From Above 1979 and Maximo Park in a not-paying-much-attention way.

I avoided Keane but couldn't help passing through and wasn't persuaded by what I heard, and was pretty unimpressed by what I heard of Green Day too. Oh and the Others and the band after them (Art Brut?) were pretty rubbish too :)

foo fighters were immense, as were kasabian, snoop dogg was a good laugh, Prodigy were pretty good. Audislave playing killing in the name of was amazing, the place went balistic.

Favourite part of the weekend though was doing strip the willow in the caleidh tent.

For my first T in the park, i'm a download and leeds man, i was damn impressed with the atmosphere of the festival. Would go back in a shot.

highlight for me was K T Tunstall' date=' Interpol and Suzanne Vega. Greenday were brilliant, but the set was almost identical to when they played in Glasgow.[/quote']

So true

Even the banter was the same which was a bit of a let down really. Don't get me wrong Green Day are one of my favourite bands and are amazing live but a bit of variation would've been nice.

Also I'm quite surprised that a few people were disappointed by Bloc Party. I thought they were amazing, definately my favourite band of the day.

Razorlight and Athlete were also fantastic!

All in all despite bing showered in beer and smacked in the face, it was an awesome day!

Guest bluesxman

Saturday - After waiting an hour and a half to get in from campsite, which was a joke, missed Alabama 3 and most of DFA 1979. Saw Audioslave (excellent), The Duke Spirit (ditto), Death in Vegas (not the best i've seen them but OK), The Coral (excellent), The Streets (novety wore off after a bit), Foo Fighters (excellent).

Sunday - The Departure (pretty good), Nine Black Alps (not convinced), Eagles of Death Metal (excellent), Sons and Daughters (dodgy sound), Snoop Dogg (better then expected), Queens of the Stone Age (most excellent), The Subways (very good), Interpol (fantastic as ever), Ian Brown (for 3 songs before tiring of his efforts to tell the sound engineer how to do his job and walking off stage every 5 minutes with every attempt at shite singing accompanied by feedback), snippet of Green Day (looked pish, dancing round in stupid hats to ska rip off), quick look at The Tears on way past X tent (how the mighty have fallen), end of The Prodigy - wish I'd went to see them in the first place, awesome.

Definite lowlight was having camp site nest to our tent being invaded by loads of dodgers with no tickets, tents or naff all, just sitting in the site all day scavenging, seemed to have doubled in quantity every morning. We ended up packing up the stuff on Sunday morning and driving home at night. After all the hassles with 3 different parts on camping tickets and wristbands etc, bunch of lowlifes can still get in and spoil it for others no problem, fucking joke.

Having the main stage between the NME stage and King Tuts tent was a fantastic idea too, nice one....pfft.

God, can't remember what I saw but i'll try...

Saturday - alabama3, battle, audioslave, death in vegas, killers, LCD Soundsystem, new order.

sunday - engineers, snoop dog, QOTSA, dogs, interpol, ian brown

got vip passes on the sunday so watched ian brown from the sound stage. also saw loads of snippets of a million other bands & drank waaaaayyyy too much cider (i hate tennants lager!) and am suffering still for it.

Great weekend - gonna get next years ticket in half an hour!

yeh

i enjoy myself more every year..

layout for this year was absolute pish. you couldn't dart between shows because of mass bottlenecks. hope it's not the same next year.

the coral and the prodigy were superb and i even enjoyed kasabian (hah!) the sound for sons and daughters was trash. the sun hats were ace. as was the weather

and who gives a fuck about the scavengers ? i'd rather they got all the stuff that was left behind than those stewards...free stuff is ace. and the families i spoke too said the kids like t in the park day better than christmas!

good on them i say!

think i'm away to get next years ticket

i saw audioslave, queens of the stone age, futureheads, green day, interpol, snoop dogg, duke spirit, eagles of death metal, nine black alps, and a couple of others i think. best band for me was futureheads, so tight and looked like they were loving every second of it. interpol and green day were fucking brilliant as well. duke spirit were quite good and their singer is HOT! bloc party were a little disappointing but weren't bad. i thought audioslave were better than you folks have said and new order were good too if only just for love will tear us apart and she's lost control.

i now have a great tan but feel drained of all energy :(

could have been worse.... you could have had a monster walk to perth after your partner in crime went missing......

....wait

Nah, I made it to Perth ok - it was the monster walk to the hotel after he went on the pull that was the killer.

Oh, and when he decided to piss over the bucket in the toilet rather than in the toilet, well that just made my night.

The fire alarm & subsequent evacuation at 2:30am the following night was a highlight as well.

really enjoyed sunday

The dparture were excellent .......very good sound quality.

Then saw duels who were an interesting little band----engineers were ace my trousers were vibrating from the wall of sound.

The bravery were rubbiss. they brought on a pipe band at the start which was a nice touch but I think that was to make up for how wrecked the front man was. it was amusing when he said"you people are really good at throwing bottles" so the rest of the set was spent doging bottles on stage. all in all the vocals wernt strong

kaiser cheifs..standard pop fun

echo and the bunnymen were absolutley fantasic...was very pleasantly surprised.

Interpol.....utterly flawless appart from a little sound issue near the start. (as highlighted by jim-jazzman)

and art brut were brilliant....although there was no vocal clarity once again.

beutiful firework finale, loads of cider, a veggie burger, found a packet of fags --high quality day.

Oh' date=' and when he decided to piss over the bucket in the toilet rather than in the toilet, well that just made my night.

[/quote']

hahahaha. good to see him living up to his name... 'the pisser'.

Thank god he doesn't stay with me anymore.... the whole flat had been christened with his 'scent' by the time he left.

roll on next year!