aberdeen-music

unknown blasts in london

Untitled

Guest RockMonkey

what worries me (and hopefully this won't happen) is that this relatively small but extremely disruptive and obviously disturbing attack could be merely a decoy for a larger one while the emergency services are occupied.

lord i'm starting to think like a terrorist.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently the met officers at gleneagles are going to be pulled down to London

hang on... maybe that was part of the plan of the terrorists... that's not good news.

ace min...

I should go out and wave my arms !...

perhaps I'll be sniped....

the road to the lef tof the web cam is the Mall, that's where all the bobbies were coming from. (I wonder if the queen has a big stash of bobbies under the palace ?).

it's quiet now, hardly any sirens.

one of the guys here was stuck in the underground for 1 hour (Elephant and castle)...they'd set up temporary metal detectors and were taking names and addresses on the way out...he's nigerian, so he got the 3rd degree...

poor bugger

Tube stations should have security' date=' no?[/quote']

How many people would you have to search in a day?

How long and how many staff would it take?

How much time would it add to the average journey?

(I'll give you a hint, the answers are either too much or too long)

They were saying that there was speculation that they might have used the same method as in Madrid on the buses: taking backpacks on full of explosives, then detonating them later with mobile phones.

Some of the mobile networks in London have been disabled apparently...

Guest tv tanned

woah horsies, woah woah.

Let us focus on the her and now.

Sharon raises a worrying concern that the dragging of officers away from Gleneagles could be part of the agenda here.

If they take MET from Gleneagles it shouldn't be a problem. They still have all the other forces up here + they were flying people down from Grampian yesterday so they can always do that. There's 1000's and 1000's of police officers at Gleneagles and surrounding areas.

If anything they should be tightening the security at Gleneagles due to this... this is extremely worrying.

Perhaps they are. Certainly they were yesterday when there were riots. Saying that Gleneagles would already be quite difficult to gain access to. Lets hope that there won't be any more incidents...

I've been getting phone calls from relatives cos my dad works in London and he was replying to texts but he's at heathrow and he is perfectly safe there. My sister is a police woman and she's had to scrap her plans for the weekend. Maybe she's being moved to Gleneagles as other officers go to London.