aberdeen-music

Don't Believe The Truth

Time Machine

Have given it a fair few listens, really like it. Certainly their best record since Morning Glory. Be Here Now was awful, Shoulders was absolutely dire, and the last one was nae bad in my opinion. However, Oasis have certainly produced a record to be proud of, there's a few magic tunes. The best two in my opinion are 'Turn Up The Sun' and 'Keep The Dream Alive', both penned by ex Ride (we won't mention Hurricane #1!) guitar hero, Andy Bell, god bless him! They'll never recreate their mid 90s buzz, but this record should prove that they haven't well and truly lost it, and are back on track I feel. Doing what they do best, great tunes, lyrics that mean nothing, and music to drink beer and have a laugh to! That'll do for me! Folk should listen to this record before they knock it!

:cheers::D:gringo:

its not a bad record at all, a bit beatles-esque and oasis by numbers in places but you'd expect that from them. i really like the overall feel of the album and its good to see andy bell penning a couple of tunes.

whilst the spark of old has gone forever, the gallaghers and chums are showing a more mature side which suggests they may be around for a while yet.

Definitely' date=' Maybe, their best since Morning Glory (see what I did there?).

Apparently theres a hidden track entitled "Can you see it now?" but I haven't had found it[/quote']

"i can see it now" - its on the japaneese edition. little nifty instrumental, very good. i downloaded it, cant find it again though sorry

Yeah it is good, def better than sotsof and be here now. What i like about it is its different feel and a different sound in some songs. Think andy bell has alot to do with this. They still have the morning glory-esk songs like lyla but many of there songs are quite different. Personally i think the importance of being idle is probs the best, it gets better the more you listen to it and was performed great in edinburgh. As was turn up the sun. Im happy that they are not trying to recreat definitely maybe but happy to try out different things. The mix of classic oasis and contemporary oasis has def mixed well in this album.

Ive heard people diss it and say 'it doesnt sound like oasis' but after six studio albums, they cant exactly all sound like definitely maybe.

actually there has deffo been some elements of quo's three chord boogie rock sound evident in oasis in the past and i bet they'll keep on going well beyond their sell by date an all ('some might say' oasis are already past their sell by date ho ho ho)

I bought yesterday and i'm quite impressed after the first couple of listens, although after the first couple of listens i've liked the others too, so we'll see how long i keep listening to it. I have to say Liams voice is on good form though, the best it has sounded in a while.

And stop all the be here now hating, it's a masterpiece :rockon::help:

I'm enjoying the album. I like 'Let There Be Love' the best. I didn't think the album would have as many acoustic songs as it does. 'Meaning of Soul' is a lot more rockier live. And Noel sings on too many songs which I think is a crime when he has one the greatest singers ever in his band. I'm looking foward to seeing Oasis again now i've heard the new album.

I think the album is ace. Theres alot of songs on there that dont sound oasis like which i quite a good thing as the last thing i wanted was an atempt to go back to there "roots". I think noel singa on it too much. He seems to have picked the best songs for himself. Love like a bomb has to be the best track on the album. Let there be love was actually written for Standing on the shoulders of giants but noel was not happy with the lyrics and decided to hold the song back until he got it sorted.