aberdeen-music

Star Wars Episodes 7-9???

Larsen B

Aye, I read those the other day. They do look rather good to me! The history of the Sith and the Jedi was also quite fascinating. If you read the interviews with Lucas, he says that they might start thinking about Episodes 7-9 in 5-10 years. That would be amazing! Hope they would be a bit more gritty than the new ones... Just the picture I have in my head of them. Love the idea of the clones as well.

Apparently, the guy who runs this website is just a fan who likes to speculate about future episodes.

Lucas has made it clear that he is finished making SW films as it was solely about the rise, fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker.

A new Clone Wars cartoon is in the pipeline along with a SW TV series which will concentrate on lesser characters between Episodes III & IV.

A rumour is that Kevin Smith will be involved in the writing of the TV series. :up:

I remember hearing that Lucas wasn't going to do Ep7-9 cause of all the books and stuff that have speculated what happens after the end of return of the jedi, plus he's pissed off with doing big blockbusters and is going to concentrate on less mainstream films that aren't mass released.

plus he's pissed off with doing big blockbusters and is going to concentrate on less mainstream films that aren't mass released.

That's a bit stupid considering any non-mainstream film he releases is going to have the 'It-was-made-by-lucas' stigma attatched to it, therefore everyone will want to see it, which will make it mainstream and a pretty pointless exercise.

He's also written and given permission for spielberg to do Indiana Jones 4 next year, and if you look at all his previous films he's been involved with; arguably two of the greatest sets of films, and Beverly Hills Cop III it's not as if he's had a low profile thus far. There's no way he'll manage to squeeze out a minor hit. Ever.

That's a bit stupid considering any non-mainstream film he releases is going to have the 'It-was-made-by-lucas' stigma attatched to it' date=' therefore everyone will want to see it, which will make it mainstream and a pretty pointless exercise.

He's also written and given permission for spielberg to do Indiana Jones 4 next year, and if you look at all his previous films he's been involved with; arguably two of the greatest sets of films, and Beverly Hills Cop III it's not as if he's had a low profile thus far. There's no way he'll manage to squeeze out a minor hit. Ever.[/quote']

His exact words were

Now i've finished Star Wars i'm planning to begin work on less commercial films, where i like the subject matter and don't have to worry about how many cinemas they're going to get released in. I'm glad i'm getting out when i can because it's not going to be the same industry in the next few years.

taken from the sunday post dated the 22 May. if anyone wants i can scan the article.

Guest Logan

episodes VII-IX have been Star Wars fokelore for over a decade.

I seem to remember being about 7 or 8 and being really excited about them. For some reason, I also knew that obi wan beat Anakin and that he fell into a volcano, thus the darth vader costume.

turns out I wasn't far off! Was this common Star Wars knowledge? I honestly don't know where I got it from.

Supposed "plot outlines" for the sequels. As well as an intriguing history of the Jedi/Sith.

http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/episode7/plot.html

That sounds alright - but why not just make the Timonthy Zhan novels into movies? If those synopses are correct, Lucas is keeping the TZ books as part of the 'official' continuity anyway. The hypothetical episode 7 borrows pretty heavily from 'Last Command' anyway - cloning Luke (Lu'uke?) Skywalker from the hand he lost at Bespin?! I guess an ageing original cast is the problem....

episodes VII-IX have been Star Wars fokelore for over a decade.

I seem to remember being about 7 or 8 and being really excited about them. For some reason' date=' I also knew that obi wan beat Anakin and that he fell into a volcano, thus the darth vader costume.

turns out I wasn't far off! Was this common Star Wars knowledge? I honestly don't know where I got it from.[/quote']

why darth vader wears the armour has been known for years

as for 7-9, it was origonally planned to be 9 episodes long, but i know they stopped people writing books before the origonal trilogy, so lucas would have a clean slate to write the stories as he planned them without extra facts getting in the way and contradicting things, whereas after episode 6 it was a free space, so writers have created what happens (which generally stays constant from book to book) so i have no idea how 7-9 would fit in, i am hoping they do something like film adaptations of the thrawn trilogy as those are all excellent books (its lluke btw if i am not mistaken)

he has said that it is the end of the saga and there will be no more films though...

*fingers crossed starwars isnt finished yet*

David