aberdeen-music

Video of Maynard James Keenan dealing with a stage invader...

Chris

Guest Tam o' Shantie

legally speaking, i would say that maynard assaulted that guy. i mean, if you were to do that to a member of the public you could go to jail, no? because this guy is mysterious he gets to do it? asides from anything else, like someone mentioned, it was a pretty cruel thing to do.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet the boy got a parping great love trumpet' date=' and a crazy story to tell all his friends, and grand children in years to come.

I bet he loved it.

bunch of pussies.[/quote']

I think this is more the case, it's certainly less brutal then Steve O' getting his girlfriend to kick a boy in the nuts for heckling from the crowd.

The person in question was stupid enough to get onstage in the first place after Steve O' asked him to join him 8o

I guess i just don't 'get' tool, as some wanker pointed out, but i never liked nu metal anyway

I can tell you that you don't if you think its nu metal. Maybe that why you feel the way you do about the situation.

Do you think its "cool" or part of the show for some guy from a band to stage dive into the crowd and land on a girl and hurt them? Say Ian MacKaye from Fugazi did it? I would say thats probably as bad if not worse than taking down a guy who jumps onto the stage, where he shouldn't be.

Anyway I can't be arsed arguing anymore, but thats my opinion. Each to there on own....

Guest Tam o' Shantie

many apologies for not using the correct terminology - 'stoner metal'

I would be very upset if a girl got hit by a flying man - maybe she should have stayed at home and played with barbie dolls or cooked us rough tough men dinner, but i don't know what that has got to do with anything.

I'd be surprised if the tool singer beat up a girl on stage but then that wouldn't be 'cool' or 'mysterious', and then tool fans wouldn't be able to obsess over him to the extent of getting onstage, perhaps even with a knife and then he had to pretend to hug him just to catch him off guard then with the judo flip!

yeah! get that sucker! gouge his eyes out, and then with a right hook!

personally, if i'm in the middle of doing something important to me (painting a picture, masturbation, hunting, breakdancing etc) and some random stranger creepily approaches me then i'm ripping him right the fuck out of the picture no questions asked.how do you decide if the intention is a hug, or a stabbing, or a bite? maynard is renowned for being an asshole, and i can dig that.cool video.

anyone who doesnt like tool is a waste of time anyway, everyone knows that.coolness isnt defined by other peoples views of you, it about the size of your cock and how hard you punch.duh.fuck you buddy.

"I met a boy wearing Vans, 501s, and a

Dope Beastie t, nipple rings,

New tattoos that claimed that he

Was OGT,

back From '92,

on the first EP.

And in between

Sips of Coke

He told me that

He thought

We were sellin' out,

Layin' down,

Suckin' up

To the man.

Well now I've got some

A-dvice for you, little buddy.

Before you point your finger

You should know that

I'm the man,

And if I'm the man,

Then you're the man, and

He's the man as well so you can

Point that fuckin' finger up your ass.

All you know about me is what I've sold you,

Dumb fuck.

I sold out long before you ever even heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,

Dip shit,

And you bought one.

I've got some

Advice for you, little buddy.

Before you point your finger

You should know that

I'm the man,

If I'm the fuckin' man

Then you're the fuckin' man as well

So you can

Point that fuckin' finger up your ass.

All you know about me is what I've sold you,

Dumb fuck.

I sold out long before you ever heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,

Dip shit,

And you bought one.

All you read and

Wear or see and

Hear on TV

Is a product

Begging for your

Fatass dirty

Dollar

Shut up and

Buy my new record

Send more money

Fuck you, buddy."

Guest Tam o' Shantie

maybe he suspected that you had a knife in your back pocket and we was trying to kick it out of the pocket, to calmly make the situation secure

maybe he suspected that you had a knife in your back pocket and we was trying to kick it out of the pocket' date=' to calmly make the situation secure[/quote']

Or maybe he was hopeing you had a knife in your back pocket and he hoped it was gonna go RIGHT UP YAAAAAA!!!!!! :O

Ps i was at that gig too and feel privilaged to be able to say that :D

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Or maybe he was hopeing you had a knife in your back pocket and he hoped it was gonna go RIGHT UP YAAAAAA!!!!!! :O

Ps i was at that gig too and feel privilaged to be able to say that :D

Was this the Fudge Tunnel gig at the Pelican in about 1992/1993? I vaguely remember that one.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Whoa, you were there too? That makes you older than I thought, I thought you were only about 21 or so! You must've had an easy paper round.

Whoa' date=' you were there too? That makes you older than I thought, I thought you were only about 21 or so! You must've had an easy paper round.[/quote']

Here min' i was on the go during the Glory days of Aberdeen's Death Metal scene, Korpse and Inextremis were bands i regularly went to see along with Bazz and AndyG's Fester.

I remember seeing Inextremis and Acrimony at Cafe Drummonds and the mighty Korpse and Acrimony at the Palace.

Those were the days :rockon::rockon::rockon:

ps if you check my bio im actually 2 years older than you are 8o

Did you ever see Malevolence?

Im not sure where they an Aberdeen band too?

The name sounds very familiar thou.

I think i probably have but will need prompting from either Bazz or some of my mates to give a definate yes. :D

Inextremis, Korpse, Fester used to play Elgin/ Keith alot and Inverness too on the odd occasion.

I remember being at Inextremis's final gig in Stonehaven i think Fluff was on bass that day :rockon:

God i loved those days, thats why its great to be seeing bands like Bonesaw and Hearse Crash on the go now ( although there in hiding at this present time ), added to that list now is Filthpact who i have seen take a great leap forward in the last few months.

Long live Aberdeens Death/Crust scene :rockon:

Devestated that i was only a youngein when all the good bands were in Aberdeen,also all the old school earache bands( when they were in their prime) played up here aswell

Napalm Death

Carcass

Bolt Thrower

Paradise Lost

and always had bands like korpse and inextremis supporting ;(

Devestated that i was only a youngein when all the good bands were in Aberdeen' date='also all the old school earache bands( when they were in their prime) played up here aswell

Napalm Death

Carcass

Bolt Thrower

Paradise Lost

and always had bands like korpse and inextremis supporting ;([/quote']

I wasn't at either Paradise Lost or Bolt Thrower, they played the night after each other but i did see both bands together in Edinburgh the night before the Aberdeen dates :rockon:

For those intrested Bolt Thrower were promoting Warmaster and Paradise Lost had just released Gothic :rockon:

Napalm Death i saw at The Lava Club now known as Kef but Carcass i dont think i've heard of them playing Aberdeen. If they did it was pre-Necroticism :rockon:

They did plan playing Aberdeen on the Narcroticism tour but they didn't, i saw them at the Edinburgh venue on that tour and i must say they were fuckin' amazing!!!!!!!!

I went to the bolt thrower and Cancer Gigs, but missed the paradise lost one...a shame.

aye, those were the days...

I remember the Bolt thrower "crowd" was piffling, I was one of the only sad kids to go to the front an mosh like a loon.

I'd like to hear the new bolt thrower LP, but, I'd imagine that "mankind" is mentioned at least 4 times per song...

ho ho, I had a bolt thrower mp3, and forgot the name of it, so I wrote "some shite about war, no doubt"...always brings a smile to my face when I see that scroll past when listening to it on the tube.