aberdeen-music

Your earliest memory..

Penny

Going across a long rope bridge (probably wasn't actually that long) and jumping with my brother because shaking the bridge scared my mum, who was behind us :) I think it was near Vancouver.

I also remember telling my little sister to go and steal the next door neighbours' kittens so we could push them down our slide when we lived in Norway, and being terrified of said neighbours' mum, because she didn't speak English when she was shouting at us. :D

Mine was walking with my grandad across a cornfield to a windmill in a place called Aythorpe Roding in Essex.(i found this out years later).

He died before I was two and it was a very hot day, so it was the summer before and I would have been no more than 20 months.

When I went back there recently I was surprised the corn wasn't taller, then realised it was because I was now!

i love the fact that none of these memories include televisions or video games or other horrendous crap that children are subjected to from such an early age these days!! :D

my earliest memory, i think, was punching holes in the cushions of our three piece leather suite with a pencil!! what a little shit i was. i actually dont know what ever provoked me. dont think the parentals were too chuffed, oops

clearly i needed no video games or tv to induce such riotous behaviour in me.......ah well

mine is sitting on the living room floor in our old flat in Bank Street with my mum heavily pregnant, picking my little brothers name. I would have been 3ish. She gave me the choice of 3 names and let me pick one. I can't remember the other names now but my brothers name is Paul.

I always think my earliest memory is of going to see my youngest sister after having been born. I was four and Rhea was two and my Daddy took us swimming, then to McDonalds, then to meet Fern who had very kindly brought us Bouncing Baby dolls as a present. I remember being amazed that my mother had a shop in her tummy.

However, last week I recalled driving to nursery at my grandmothers house in Aberdeen from Inverbervie with my Daddy and the sun rising while I ate a pancake. I must have only been 2 or 3. So that's my earliest memory.

The view from the window of my bedroom when I was about 3. We lived in the penthouse of a skyscraper in Abu Dhabi (where I was born). I had a huge window in my bedroom and seeing all the multicoloured lights of the city at night is the earliest thing I can remember. The image is ingrained in my memory.

Other things I can remember from around that time:

-Drinking a carton of mango juice at the beach (I apparently drank it all the time but now I can't stand it).

-The fish tank I had in my room (my most prized possession apparently).

-My nanny Lillian (who took care of me and my sis while my parents were at work) building a fort out of sofa cushions with me.

ryan, its sounds so romantic.

m,y earliest memory was in primary one and my soon to be best friend emma was playing with some blocks and i went over AND SHE WOULDN'T LET ME JOIN IN! what a cow! but teh nwe were best mates for a few years.

if that happened now -knife in the face!

shit ive had a few.....

around when i was 4, my big bro was walking up the step ladder to our attic and i followed him up. halfway to the top his foot slips and boots me in the face, proceeding to send my crashing to the ground and twisting my ankle, had to walk in a crawl fro a few days.

also!

was outside in the garden with my brothe. he sees a wasps nest in our old wall and spreys pollyfilla into the litlee hole to get in, he laughs and runs whilst innocent me looks at what is going to happen, a wasp flies out and stings me between the eyes!

obviously i only remembered them coz they affected me badly lol!

also remember watching the games master with that moore guy when i was about 6