The Very

The People

http://www.goevents.info/gnmain.htm

Greig

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gone2Far? Are you fucking kidding me? Isn't this supposed to be an industry showcase?

I find it amusing that GoNorth has ignored Jo McCafferty yet again, though.

Edit : Maybe I should organise a festival.

double edit : why not get My Downfall instead of Gone 2 Far? At least My Downfall have the makings of some catchy tunes :down:

Gone2Far? Are you fucking kidding me? Isn't this supposed to be an industry showcase?

I find it amusing that GoNorth has ignored Jo McCafferty yet again' date=' though.

Edit : Maybe I should organise a festival.[/quote']

you should just come to Gavfest, and bring all your friends.

double edit : why not get My Downfall instead of Gone 2 Far? At least My Downfall have the makings of some catchy tunes :down:

We were told we needed a demo was the problem, which we didn't have.

In fairness, Gone 2 Far are considerably improved since you last wrote them off.

Cloud, we ain't interchangeable :p

Thanks though. :cheers:

I find it amusing that GoNorth has ignored Jo McCafferty yet again' date=' though.

[/quote']

I think thats 4 for 4, to be honest it just kind of jades us against it. I didnt expect Baby Karma to get in, but I figured Jo had to be given a shot this year given what she's been achieving, but then thats just life I guess. They keep shouting for Aberdeen acts to enter, well I think it's very unlikely we'll bother next year, I think 4 years of being told no is more than enough.

Cheers

Stuart

I think thats 4 for 4' date=' to be honest it just kind of jades us against it. I didnt expect Baby Karma to get in, but I figured Jo had to be given a shot this year given what she's been achieving, but then thats just life I guess. They keep shouting for Aberdeen acts to enter, well I think it's very unlikely we'll bother next year, I think 4 years of being told no is more than enough. [/quote']

It's illogical to me, Jo has what..four full length albums, with a fifth live one on the way - yet gets looked over for bands who have done nothing? How on *earth* does that work?

In all seriousness, I don't think GoNorth is about how talented you are.

It's illogical to me' date=' Jo has what..four full length albums, with a fifth live one on the way - yet gets looked over for bands who have done nothing? How on *earth* does that work?

In all seriousness, I don't think GoNorth is about how talented you are.[/quote']

maybe the bands that "have done nothing" need exposure in order to do things

fao get lost - you should contact gav himself if you'd like to play, i don't have his email at hand but i'm sure if you do a search for it on this site you'll find something.

It's illogical to me' date=' Jo has what..four full length albums, with a fifth live one on the way - yet gets looked over for bands who have done nothing? How on *earth* does that work?

In all seriousness, I don't think GoNorth is about how talented you are.[/quote']

4 full length fully original albums yeah, and has played to thousands and thousands this year, but achievements obviously dont count, but I find it difficult that anyone who has heard Papercuts and Lime, doesnt think it's a great quality recording, and one of the best in its genre, certainly from an Aberdeen artist, but then maybe I am just too bias.

Cheers

Stuart

fao get lost - you should contact gav himself if you'd like to play' date=' i don't have his email at hand but i'm sure if you do a search for it on this site you'll find something.[/quote']

So what your saying is dont reward the bands who have achieved something only reward the ones who havent ? If you go out there and work to do something then you shouldnt be given a chance to have the a&r showcase because you've worked hard ? Maybe take MMw off the bill too then because they're a hard working band who have worked to move forward. One of the reasons to work this hard is that you'll be considered for things like this that might take your career onto the next level.

Cheers

Stuart

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showpost.php?p=160662&postcount=16

What's changed since last year? Presumably nothing.

As it stands, one of the most happening people in Aberdeen, who is currently touring all over the UK has been ignored for a band who are most definitely not happening. :down:

As it stands' date=' one of the most happening people in Aberdeen, who is currently touring all over the UK has been ignored for a band who are most definitely not happening. :down:[/quote']

If you're referring to Gone 2 Far there, they're playing the young bands showcase I think, which Jo McAfferty presumably wouldn't be eligible for.

so gone too far are "making waves" are they in Aberdeen at the moment?

What a load of bullshit.

I'm inclined to agree, two bands from Aberdeen playing (plus Gone2Far in the youth category) seems a bit rich after the "why haven't any Aberdeen bands submitted demos?!" hoo-ha. The answer? There's no point! Kudos to the Weapon and Le Reno Amps, but they (especially the Amps) are really predictable choices.