aberdeen-music

He Is Legend

Dan G

this band are amazing, their album, 'I Am Hollywood' is superb.

Ben let me hear this band the other day;

Their style is impossible to categorise, but there is a heavy dose of rock and roll mixed with hardcore, emo, some brutally heavy metal riffs and some good old 80's rock!

The fuckers can play well too...

Production is incredible courtesy of Adam D. of Killswitch Engage fame (although He Is Legend sound nothing like KSE)

So yeah, check them out.

This He Is Legend album is awesome, it really is worth checking out if you're into metal at all. Their last album was damn good too, although for some reason the name escapes me, a worrying trend when you're sat in the cinema and it takes the whole of the trailers section to remember what the heck it was you went in to see, especially seen as though i had the fucking stub in my pocket.....

:help:

This He Is Legend album is awesome' date=' it really is worth checking out if you're into metal at all. Their last album was damn good too, although for some reason the name escapes me, a worrying trend when you're sat in the cinema and it takes the whole of the trailers section to remember what the heck it was you went in to see, especially seen as though i had the fucking stub in my pocket.....

:help:[/quote']

Sign of aging number 1......

Meh - I swerve between really liking it, and thinking it all sounds really samey. The ep was ace, and some of the songs on the album are great, but its not really much new, is it? Go get the Letters Organize album to show how hardcore and rock'n'roll should be done....

Guest Lisa
Meh - I swerve between really liking it' date=' and thinking it all sounds really samey. The ep was ace, and some of the songs on the album are great, but its not really much new, is it? Go get the Letters Organize album to show how hardcore and rock'n'roll should be done....[/quote']

Why does stuff have to be "new" to be good. Im sick of that attitude! Its boring!

Not having a go but its true. Man you listen to the wildhearts and they are great but not "anything new" are they ya know??

Meh - I swerve between really liking it' date=' and thinking it all sounds really samey. The ep was ace, and some of the songs on the album are great, but its not really much new, is it? Go get the Letters Organize album to show how hardcore and rock'n'roll should be done....[/quote']

I'd honestly disagree man! It's very new to me.

I'm not a fan of hardcore rock n roll... in fact my knowledge on that style extends to ETID and the bronx (although not really hardcore but I hear the kids love em), both of which I'm not a fan of.

However I love how H.I.L. mix up huge chorus' great guitarwork and random stuff. Like Misery Signals before them, they are a band that have just stood out to me as doing something that sounds like no other band I've heard and I just totally get where it's coming from.

If you could find me a bunch of bands that can play music that is more beautiful, breakdown-y and rocktastic than H.I.L i will buy you a pint!

P.S. the third song "....creature..." is my favourite song on the album.

Why does stuff have to be "new" to be good. Im sick of that attitude! Its boring!

Maybe "new" is the wrong word. "Fresh" maybe? What is the point in playing one style of music, if there are already a million bands doing the same thing better (not the case with He Is Legend - they have some crackin' tunes - ust don't think they're THAT great)...

Incidentally, the Wildhearts when they came out WERE new - nobody sounded like them, and to date nobody has bettered their sound, although the most recent album was a bit run-of-the-mill...

Dan - I assume one of MMw has shoved Rise Against "Siren Songs..." down yer lughole? Also Letters Organize "Dead Rhythm Machine", Minus "Jesus Christ Bobby" (little on the heavy side that 'un) American Nightmare "Background Music" , and ANY Hot Water Music record.....

Still trying to get into Misery Signals, and reaching give up point. I'll stick on He Is Legend tonight for a repeat assessment.

Heard the new CoC album?

Guest Lisa

Dan owns the new COC album...Im sure he will give his views in a sec.

Cant really see Dan totally liking RA. He has heard some stuff anyway...

Oh and Rish? Can you really see Dan digging HWM...nahhhh!

Maybe "new" is the wrong word. "Fresh" maybe? What is the point in playing one style of music' date=' if there are already a million bands doing the same thing better (not the case with He Is Legend - they have some crackin' tunes - ust don't think they're THAT great)...

Incidentally, the Wildhearts when they came out WERE new - nobody sounded like them, and to date nobody has bettered their sound, although the most recent album was a bit run-of-the-mill...

Dan - I assume one of MMw has shoved Rise Against "Siren Songs..." down yer lughole? Also Letters Organize "Dead Rhythm Machine", Minus "Jesus Christ Bobby" (little on the heavy side that 'un) American Nightmare "Background Music" , and ANY Hot Water Music record.....

Still trying to get into Misery Signals, and reaching give up point. I'll stick on He Is Legend tonight for a repeat assessment.

Heard the new CoC album?[/quote']

Bought it on day of release my good friend :) Good album, but like with all bands no matter what CoC release will it ever better Wiseblood and deliverance cos thats when I got into them. Not bad at all though!

I really like some Rise Against actually, also enjoyed some break the silence (though only heard a couple of tunes) Not a fan at all of HWM though!

Not heard letters organize American Nightmare or minus though!

Misery Signals I suppose is either something you love or hate. I've listened to that album 100 times and still enjoy it hearing something new each time.

Sorry lisa, I'm on the wildhearts side with Rish. They were fantastic when on form, ie their first four proper releases. Although everything 1997 onwards was garbage... in my opinion. I HATE Endless Nameless and the newone is also very substandard. But then again, I got into them circa 1994/95 and consequently I have fond memories. :)

Not a fan at all of HWM though!

I HATE Endless Nameless

Two statements that may ensure I never speak to you again. Endless Nameless si a drug-induced classic of pop songs smeared in broken glass and dirty syringes, and every HWM release is a punk classic. You sir, are a cad.....

Guest Lisa
Two statements that may ensure I never speak to you again. Endless Nameless si a drug-induced classic of pop songs smeared in broken glass and dirty syringes' date=' and every HWM release is a punk classic. You sir, are a cad.....[/quote']

Says the non "obsession" liking Dr....

;)

I revisited the He Is Legend album and the reason I don't like the album is that the first track is ACE' date=' then the rest of the album is a tedious dirge. Maybe the next album will be better....

Obsession is a polished turd.[/quote']

Tracks 3 and 10 are awesome! the Creature Walks is my favourite track.

Back to Endless Nameless - I went back and listened to it again about a year or so ago and thought it was even worse than when it came out.

I can't even bring myself to say it's name in the same paragraph as Earth Vs, PHUQ or Fishing For Luckies, so had to start this new one and make it very short as a direct result.

Maybe I don't like it because I don't get it? Maybe I don't like it cos the guitars, bass, drums and vocals all sound like they were recorded on a cheap Argos karaoke machine, and I don't like the songs to boot.

Guest Lisa
I revisited the He Is Legend album and the reason I don't like the album is that the first track is ACE' date=' then the rest of the album is a tedious dirge. Maybe the next album will be better....

Obsession is a polished turd.[/quote']

you.are.rubbish.

The whole He Is Legend album is awesome start to finish. In fact whilst listening to it last night i thought how its such a consistent album.

My fave track is 5.

Obsession is a fucking amazing album...i wont hear any word of your twaddle Doc!

Maybe I don't like it because I don't get it? Maybe I don't like it cos the guitars' date=' bass, drums and vocals all sound like they were recorded on a cheap Argos karaoke machine, and I don't like the songs to boot.[/quote']

Argh! The songs are ace - if you strip away the abrasive production (Karaoke machine? Since when was a karaoke machine capable of a fucking sonic BOOM!) they're Ginger classics, massive hooks, cracking riffs - I like it better that phuq! Its a long term point of debate with WH fans, as you well know, so there will never be a wiiner here!

Its a long term point of debate with WH fans' date=' as you well know, so there will never be a wiiner here![/quote']

Indeed. Although the one thing that I'm sure you'd agree on is that it sounds so different than previous releases... but to me it just didn't have any of the factors that made me love previous wildhearts albums.

I love phuq... that was released when I was in my most wildhearts phase! I still remember buying the single for just in lust on cassette... from woolworths! :D