aberdeen-music

top 3 aberdeen bassists

Guest valley69

damn, this is like flying back in time 4 years!!

i'm not really qualified to comment these days cos there are a lot of aberdeen bands who i've not heard but i would give mad props to blair quik who, if he got his sound sorted out, could top this kind of poll. he plays a nice bass through a lovely amp but never gets the right sound. less treble dude, less treble!!

anyway, my personal favourite would be jordan from the x-certs. he's a devastatingly good bassist and he just gets better and better with no signs of him letting up!!

and the 3rd spot could go to either hardcore atom who i grew up with bass playing wise and love or my old chum big bad :D he's definately got the soul for it!

spoons

/x

Guest stuartmaxwell
long time ago like....anyway as far as the deen goes id say that mr chapman of turning 13 is a fine piece of bass ass

is that because he is your mate or because you think he is a good bass player

he is a nice enough guy, his playing is solid enough, but i would say he is in no way the best.

andy bass from stacatto set/downroads is a VERY good bassist, tight as fuck, ear for a tune, dominates the songs.

the guy who played bass in electric tibet is awesome.

but thats the ones i can think of, im sure there are a million awesome bass players in abdn that i havent heard

Guest Cowboy Dan

Having first met Jordan X-Certs just under a year after he had started playing bass, I just couldn't comprehend how he had managed to get so good so quickly, it was unbelievable and he still is.

Jordan - X-Certs

Shawn - Eric Euan

Thats the only one's that've really made an impression on me in the last few years.

There's just not enough warm bass chords in aberdeen

You're just too modest to put yourself in this thread :p

In all seriousness I really like the Small Enclosed Area basslines especially the new stuff. It actually stands out like there's some effort put into moving around the fretboard a bit. I haven't seen the X-Certs for aaaaaaaaaages but I'd agree with the Eric Euan appreciation perchance. I love the bassline to 'Hurricane Fighter Plane' by Karloff but Ant never seems to bring the correct pedal for it and was being a bastard on MSN again so he gets no proper mention :p

For me it has to be

Scott - we shall be blessed

Jordon - x-Certs

I can't really remember but i think it was an old or still current element 106 bassist but he was fucking amazing too.

Yeah, thats Yeti (top left on my signature image). Hes still in the band. Love his tapping stuff hes working on at the moment....(to be heard live soon)

:cheers: