aberdeen-music

bad driving thread

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest davetherave

There are certainly some fuckwits on the roads, wrong lane at roundabouts is one of my pet hates as well, but it would help if the council put the correct road markings on the roads. People who drive too slowly on clear, dry and straight country roads (usually driving Volvos and wearing flat caps) who flash you for overtaking them!!

Bloody Tractors, shouldnt be allowed on the roads either and neither should people carriers and 4x4 drivers, usually blindly pulling out into the road after dropping off Tarquin and Mathilda at school, they should be forced to use the bus service.

One other pet hate of mine is the fact the council think its funny to put a pedestrian crossing on every exit of a roundabout, about 10 feet away from the roundabout itself. Are the planning department permanently on drugs!! Good example is the roundabout at the bottom of machar drive/king street ??

A pal of mine once installed a switch on his car that allowed him to switch the brake lights on without actually braking, great for slowing down tailgaters ;)

I've driven in many parts of the world and in comparison to London, Paris, Malta or Italy, Aberdeen isnt so bad, just a handful of idiots that probably got their license off the back of a Corn Flake box!!

Monday Morning Rant over !!

:D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate it when people drive incredibly slowly' date=' then speed up like a bastard the minute you try to overtake them. :[/quote']

Had a real asshole do this to me once on the road leading from the beach to King Street, BOD end, he had a massive (MASSIVE, like 3 lorry size) gap between him and the car in front, he was taking the piss and laughing with his girlfriend I suppose, the traffic was moving so slowly anyway, I wasn't to impressed as my brakes + accelerator were playing up :D any minute now my car could have got lost in full throttle with no brakes!! So I had to get in front of him behind a normal driver, not a 0.5mph bastard. Anyway, I go to overtake and low and behold the fucker speeds up, anyone familiar with this road will know I had to get into the wrong lane to overtake, so just as he cut me off I was faced with oncoming traffic, and worst still, cos that cunt had had me toying about with the gas so much it got stuck on full throttle, into oncoming traffic, with no brakes :D:D thankfully a quick handbrake skid into the space he had left behind him saved my ass...I swear, I chased that bastard past Ellon at 110mph.....ever done the roundabout out of aberdeen at 110?! :D eventually I gave up as my fuel light came on and I live nowhere near Ellon....

Yes' date=' good thread.

1. The cunts that stay in the outside lane all the way back to Westhill at 60mph because they know in 5 minutes they will be turning right at the roundabout. GET OUT OF THE FUCKING WAY!

2. People who think its fun to squeeze past you when a car is parked on their side of the road and give you a sort of "lol, close ay? :D" look. DON'T FUCKING DO THAT!

these ones aren't about other drivers as such, but are worth a mention

1. Old Ladies that start crossing the road when their little green man goes...and are still going when my green light is on. GET OUT OF THE FUCKING WAY!

2. People who get out your car when you've stopped to straighted up to park. DON'T FUCKING DO THAT!

thats all for just this minute.[/quote']

ahh...excellent.

point 1, it's a 50 mph zone (you blind cunto!)

point 2, yeah, they should just scrape your car and give you a "fuck you" look

point 1(b) I can't wait till you are old and imobile, I hope my grand kids want to run you over GRANDAD.

point 2(b) Kill your passangers, they might be family, and that sounds like a good Idea to me.

---------

I hate, twats who don't know how to use roundabouts.

and tam's original point is universally understood....I agree 110%.

ahh...excellent.

point 1' date=' it's a 50 mph zone (you blind cunto!)

point 2, yeah, they should just scrape your car and give you a "fuck you" look

point 1(b) I can't wait till you are old and imobile, I hope my grand kids want to run you over GRANDAD.

point 2(b) Kill your passangers, they might be family, and that sounds like a good Idea to me..[/quote']

1. no its not...im talking about the 70 bit, nice try (YOU blind cunto!).

2. they should just fucking wait, thankyou

1. i hope they do and put me out of my misery

2. I should

Anderson drive is a dual carriageway' date=' they're allowed to go straight on from the right hand lane. So the road markings say anyway.[/quote']

Aye it's alright if folk do it on Anderson Drive (although if they're not going to be turning right at some point it's a bit cheeky), but Queens Road isn't. If you're coming from the Queens Cross side and going straight, it's just single lane traffic. And at certain times the queue gets quite big, so there's ALWAYS some cheeky cunt thinking he's more important - eg someone in their 4x4 driving their kid back from Robert Gordons.

It just shows complete disrespect for others I think.

I completely agree with your other points though.

Im still learning but people are already pissing me off!

People tailgate learners so much - problem is, i WOULD start doing some erratic braking to wake them up and get them to move back, however if i was to try that, whoever is sitting in the passenger seat would go psycho at me.

And its not neccessarily other drivers pissing me of here... i was driving across the bridge of dee, and it was clear in front of me. Some ned on his bike on the pavement coming towards me, decides to 'impress' the girl he is with, jumps onto my side of the road and comes right at me, playing chicken!

What else can i do except stop? Fuckin bastard ned!

im like Mo-ha. i dont drive for other peoples safety lol.

I do hate however people who dont indicate and people who dont slow down for the conditions, pishing rain, fog etc....

it amazes me how some people pass. i wonder if everyone was made to resit, how many would fail?!

and isnt it funny/scary when you see little old men/women in huge cars, cant even see over steering wheel. esp in 4x4's!

and how scary is it seeing an articulated lorry driver on his mobile phone. hands on the wheel boy!

ME blind CUNTO?!.....

hehe....

I bet you drive as close to people as you spoon...

hey' date=' just do what I do, get fuckked off with the slow twats, then, undertake them around the 5 mile garage...what a cunt, eh.[/quote']

What...you only just learned its a 70 zone there.

Guest Cowboy Dan
im like Mo-ha. i dont drive for other peoples safety lol.

I do hate however people who dont indicate and people who dont slow down for the conditions' date=' pishing rain, fog etc....

it amazes me how some people pass. i wonder if everyone was made to resit, how many would fail?!

and isnt it funny/scary when you see little old men/women in huge cars, cant even see over steering wheel. esp in 4x4's!

and how scary is it seeing an articulated lorry driver on his mobile phone. hands on the wheel boy![/quote']

4 out of 5 people would fail I believe.

Everything boils down to poor driving standards and people making no effort to improve their driving ability/skill after the L test...and thinking they know eveything...when...infact...they know very little.

Someone asked if there is a law about driving too slow. There is a law against driving too slowly but it only really applies if you cause huge tail backs rather than just holding someone up...driving without due care and attention I think.

Personal hates are people who hog the outside lane and don't check their mirrors. People who pull out into the outside lane when you are just about to pass them. People who think you over taking them is an oppertunity for a race...then you have to unleash the mighty power of the Toyota upon them...fools!

Remember courtesy is a great factor in road safety...

Maybe the IAM Advanced Driving course Should be made compulsory after a few years driving?? I am about to take my Advanced test' date=' It makes you even more aware of how bad some people drive.[/quote']

Good on you. I recently passed my advanced test. I certainly believe that more people should go forward and attempt to pass the test. It is nice to know you have the skill and the attitude to be a safe and competent driver at the end of it. It should really be made the minimum standard in an ideal world...

And its not neccessarily other drivers pissing me of here... i was driving across the bridge of dee' date=' and it was clear in front of me. Some ned on his bike on the pavement coming towards me, decides to 'impress' the girl he is with, jumps onto my side of the road and comes right at me, playing chicken!

What else can i do except stop? Fuckin bastard ned![/quote']

The funny thing is everyone moans about learner drivers but forget there was a time they were learners themselves.

On the subject of the ned, you should have just hit the cunt, that should be a mandatory part of the theory test, What do you do when a ned is pricking about on the road in front of you?

a) hit the cunt and hope he dies, the police will be happy one less potential criminal off the streets

b) stop the car, and let him be smug

c) slow down, let him be smug

d) allow some other driver to knock him over.

The thing that annoys me is when your on the moterway/duel carridge way coming upto road works, the cars infront are practicallly stopped trying to get into the right lane when there is still atleast 400 yards till the start of the roadworks, kept happening to me on the way down to glasgow on easter weekend, as soon as they got into the right lane i zoomed off further down and managed to merge easier then they did. Also as has been mentioned before people who slow right down right at speed cameras

Good on you. I recently passed my advanced test. I certainly believe that more people should go forward and attempt to pass the test. It is nice to know you have the skill and the attitude to be a safe and competent driver at the end of it. It should really be made the minimum standard in an ideal world...

http://www.iam.org.uk/ Have a look. It is not just for old people.

the amount of people who dont understand when they are allowed in the bus lanes really burns my waffles' date=' cos you just know they are going to pull in right in front of you, twats....thats the worst thing about driving into Hazlehead.[/quote']

The bus lanes on Lang Stracht are the best as at about 3pm when everyone has been picking up their kids, the tailbacks at the strech of road by Summerhill school is a nightmare at times, and i'm sure i get looks for zooming up the bus lane.

Guest Cowboy Dan
also' date=' the roundabout just passed Hazlehead that takes you onto Queens road, everyone goes straight ahead via the right hand lane, so i am made to feel a twat for approaching it properly...i hate that roundabout when there is traffic behind me, never know what lane to take it from![/quote']

When I was learning my instructor informed me that the right hand lane is actually the correct lane for going straight ahead and it's just been rubbed off the road but I dunno like...