aberdeen-music

bad driving thread

Guest Tam o' Shantie

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stuartmaxwell

i have done around 22000 miles in the last 8 months.

i get road rgae frequently. cunts who drive at 40 mph are a pain. 40mph in 60 zone, but 40 in 30 zone

gah

What...you only just learned its a 70 zone there.

no...I blame a "monday morning post"...

I thought you were talking about the duler from the end of the lang stracht and the Kingswells roundabout.

I've seen many a muppet on the road, I love the peeps in the morning that sit at the "temporary traffic lights" (when they just switch off) and wait till someone (me) toots them as I am awake...(but not this morning, my fwend !)

he he

The road to Westhill :D I thought that was 70 all the way ;) After the roundabout (when it starts going downhill) my old rover could easily get up to 110....at 6.30am it was quite safe to (except for myself).....I learned myself to drive on that road...long story...

It used to be, until they put the park and ride in there, so, they've dropped the speed to 50 now, so people are more aware of the trafic lights to get out of the P&R + slower on the apporach to Kingswells...

do you notice many signs at the side of the road ? (from what I read, that'll be a no then..."I taught myself to drive", I think you should have gotten a better instructor (he he))

http://www.iam.org.uk/ Have a look. It is not just for old people.

This is true I passed at 18. Though I am sure the majority of people in the IAM are older. I got my certificate through the door two days ago...now to hunt for cheaper insurance. See more benifits than being safer you can also reap the rewards of cheaper fully comp insurance people...and house insurance discounts and all sorts...15% of Haynes car books too...

I read you have an Imprezza on the byre site...how does your observer like that lol?

This is true I passed at 18. Though I am sure the majority of people in the IAM are older. I got my certificate through the door two days ago...now to hunt for cheaper insurance. See more benifits than being safer you can also reap the rewards of cheaper fully comp insurance people...and house insurance discounts and all sorts...15% of Haynes car books too...

I read you have an Imprezza on the byre site...how does your observer like that lol?

I use my other car (Pug) for my drives, But we are doing the overtaking stuff tomorrow so gonna bring out the beast :D

I get very very angry with many people on the roads. My most common rants are about:

1) people who feel they are above indicating. I often get the urge to stop them and inform them that their indicators don't work. I have never been brave enough to.

2) people who start crossing the road on flashing amber and don't make it across in time. The most common place for this to happen is between St Nicholas and Bon Accord Centres. I drive the second the lights go green.

3) people who drive up my ass. If I drive slowly, there is usually a reason for it.

4) people who take up 2 lanes at junctions.

5) people who drive down the wrong side of the road (towards me) to overtake a car on their side causing me to have to swerve/stop to avoid them

but most of all, I get very very angry with people who drive through a junction when they know perfectly well they won't get out the other side before the lights change. The junction then gets blocked up because cars can't come from the other direction and people often have to wait 2 or 3 changes of lights when they are first in line. This happens most regularly at the Powis Place/Bedford Road junction. The lights sequence needs rethought and there needs to be a yellow box on the road.

End of anger rant.

I get very very angry with many people on the roads. My most common rants are about:

1) people who feel they are above indicating. I often get the urge to stop them and inform them that their indicators don't work. I have never been brave enough to.

2) people who start crossing the road on flashing amber and don't make it across in time. The most common place for this to happen is between St Nicholas and Bon Accord Centres. I drive the second the lights go green.

3) people who drive up my ass. If I drive slowly' date=' there is usually a reason for it.

4) people who take up 2 lanes at junctions.

5) people who drive down the wrong side of the road (towards me) to overtake a car on their side causing me to have to swerve/stop to avoid them

but most of all, I get very very angry with people who drive through a junction when they know perfectly well they won't get out the other side before the lights change. The junction then gets blocked up because cars can't come from the other direction and people often have to wait 2 or 3 changes of lights when they are first in line. This happens most regularly at the Powis Place/Bedford Road junction. The lights sequence needs rethought and there needs to be a yellow box on the road.

End of anger rant.[/quote']

Point two there...so true...AGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH